It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Potential Energy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Alright, you've bashed me enough and now I'm going to have to go into detail but please don't make fun of me because I only have an associate degree in electronics that I got when we were still learning about tube amplification. Here's my idea. Let's say we had a manmade crystal that was 3" in diameter and 5' long. We put the crystal inside of a sealed tube that is 4" in diameter that contains hundreds if not thousands of small sensors that convert the frequency of the vibrating crystal to a voltage. It might only be 5 or 6 volts but we can amplify it to any voltage, let's say 100 volts. Now we use a very powerful 50 volt dc motor. The speed of the motor is controled by how much voltage is applied to it. The fastest speed or full power would be 50 volts and zero speed would be no voltage. As you know you can control the rotation of a dc motor, clockwise or counterclockwise, by simply reversing the polarity to the motor. The accelerator pedal is nothing more than a rheostat or whatever. When your at a stop light the motor is off but the crystal is still vibrating and producing power. When you turn off the car you're turning off the current to the crystal. You would never need a fuel source and could drive forever. I'm not sure what current you would need to the motor but I'm sure an alternator would be needed as in any car and a standard battery.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Its an interesting idea but don't you think that we can do better than COP = 1. Lets try and come up with some ideas about overunity. It really does not matter if other members disagree, this is just a post to help encourage ideas and not be kept down by old ones. An overunity engine DOES NOT DEFY any laws of physics. If you can see one that it does then ask me and I will post an answer.

I agree with what you said about an initial force. An initial force is needed to start up the system, at least along my lines of thinking. But another question I would like to pose and I would REALLY like answered is why atoms exist and they are not destroyed. Isn't there an extremely efficient if not overly efficient engine running in there?

I would think so becuase there is no other answer as to why atoms keep going and why matter cannot be created or destroyed. And BTW an overunity engine does not violate this basic law of physics.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
All the matter that exists in the universe was created during the big bang so matter can be created. We can create matter in a particle accelerator. I build solid rocket motors and mostly use phase stabilized ammonium nitrate and magnesium powder to form a solid rubber which I quess is matter consisting of several elements. When the propellant is burning that matter is converted to energy and the matter is gone. Whether it's been destroyed or not I don't know. It's not there anymore so I would think it was destroyed. In a transistor for example when the positive protons leave they create a hole that the negative electrons fill and basically chase eachother all around the circuits. I don't know why certain crystals vibrate and a very presice high freguency as in a quartz watch that can then be divided down by using divide by circuits to create a very presice time base as in any watch, clock or computer. Sometimes the issues seem so complex that complex solutions are needed when simple solutions are ignored. Maybe a new generation of frequency to voltage devices need to be made to power the Earth from crystals. On the face it seems possible. I don't have the knowledge to work out the details. Please help me out on that. Think of the possibilities. Maybe Edison was right with his idea of dc power. Crystals could power every home, school, hospital, business, car, power tools or farm eguipment. We wouldn't need big oil, natual gas, home heating oil or energy companies. Tom.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Mutantalien1947]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Crystals do oscillate at their harmonic frequency but the energy needs to be supplied to maintain that oscillation. You normally find them in oscillator circuits where they act as governors but the crystal itself doesn't supply any energy - that comes from the power supply.

In the case of the rocket propellant it's a mixture of fuel and an oxidiser which when ignited creates a gaseous compounds with a volume many times the volume of the fuel/oxidiser mix. The gas escaping through the nozzle provides the thrust but efficiency isn't very good with vast amounts of energy lost as heat in the process.

The problem with trying to achieve 'overunity' is that energy can't be created out of nothing and the same applies to matter. The main hope is to find a way to tap into a previously overlooked energy source and convert into a form that can be used in practical ways at a cost less than than or at least competitive with conventional sources like fossil fuels. The last 500 years or so of history are littered with fraudulent claims of 'overunity' devices so you're really up against it when trying to present such an invention to the skeptics now.

That doesn't suggest we should stop trying. Perpetual motion is all around us in the universe from stars and galaxies right down to the motions of atomic particles.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hi,
The oscillations do require a power supply. In a watch for example, it's normally a 1.5 volt battery to maintain oscillation. Not a large source by any means. The point is that oscillations do exist and can be converted to voltage which can be applified to power anything. In the case of rocket motors the thrust is determined by the diameter of the nozzle throat which effects pressure and the divergent and convergent angle of the graphite motor which reduces the internal pressure of 500 psi to 14.7 psi and the nozzle exit while maintaining an exhaust velocity of 5000 feet per second. My whole deal is to think outside of the box and to come up with a simple solutions to energy problems. If I'm wrong then tell me I'm wrong and why it can't be looked at. Is it at least a possibilty? That's all I want to know. Is this a bullcrap idea or not because it could turn into a multi billion dollar industry.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Crystals as used in oscillators (usually quartz or synthetic ceramics) don't actually source any energy, they rely on energy from the power supply to maintain their oscillation which, at resonant frequency, doesn't take much input to maintain. There is also the piezo-electric effect where a crystal develops a voltage when bent or compressed rapidly but the electric energy generated is always less than the mechanical energy used to distort the crystal.

We need to tap into a huge source of 'clean' energy presently unused much in same way as solar cells convert energy from the sun into a useful form. It may come from atoms themselves without the problems of fission or fusion and their troublesome radiation and by-products.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Very interesting postings indeed. I am also putting together advance writings using ancient text and symbols. The key in my theory is sound waves. High frequency sound waves are capable of gravity displacement. Look at it like a hot air balloon. The air inside of the balloon is less dense than the surrounding air causing the balloon to rise. Applying this method to a repulsine model but using high frequency waves to create a bubble of less dense air under the object will cause it to "Surf" on the more dense surrounding air.

Opposite centrifugal force above the object will create a powerful suction, creating thrust. I read somewhere if atoms are packed in tightly enough, they will created a magnetic field. My theory uses surrounding gases and fluids like air and water in order to operate. It's a two part system, the less dense compress air creating a bubble under the object and a centrifugal vortex above the object to create a suction.

Viktor Schauberger created a repulsine using this method, My theory is used only for planetary travel. Interstellar travel will have to be operated off of different principles (i.e. gravity push and pull).

Edited to add a word.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Anything you can put together using sound waves or whatever will help.I just don't think enough is being done and you all have great ideas and I wish there was some way we all come together. It would be like a Bill Gates moment. The impossible is possible and you people are alot smarter than me.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Crystals could be a great source of energy. Let's step out of the box for a minute. What if the crystals were exposed to high frequencies? Would the atoms inside of the crystal begin to move faster? Atoms in motion creates heat, and heat is kinetic energy is it not? Now, if we can convert that heat into plausible energy, you may have an infinite source of energy as long as the sound waves are present. One crystal will not do the job, but several thousands may.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
All the matter that exists in the universe was created during the big bang so matter can be created. We can create matter in a particle accelerator. I build solid rocket motors and mostly use phase stabilized ammonium nitrate and magnesium powder to form a solid rubber which I quess is matter consisting of several elements. When the propellant is burning that matter is converted to energy and the matter is gone. Whether it's been destroyed or not I don't know. It's not there anymore so I would think it was destroyed. In a transistor for example when the positive protons leave they create a hole that the negative electrons fill and basically chase eachother all around the circuits. I don't know why certain crystals vibrate and a very presice high freguency as in a quartz watch that can then be divided down by using divide by circuits to create a very presice time base as in any watch, clock or computer. Sometimes the issues seem so complex that complex solutions are needed when simple solutions are ignored. Maybe a new generation of frequency to voltage devices need to be made to power the Earth from crystals. On the face it seems possible. I don't have the knowledge to work out the details. Please help me out on that. Think of the possibilities. Maybe Edison was right with his idea of dc power. Crystals could power every home, school, hospital, business, car, power tools or farm eguipment. We wouldn't need big oil, natual gas, home heating oil or energy companies. Tom.

Ok I don't want to sound mean here but you need a very new understanding of physics.

First off, when fuel is burnt in a solid rocket or any kind of chemical reaction matter is not destroyed! The Mg stays Mg just in a different form, If you could put a little Estes engine in a plastic box and measure the boxes weight before and after the burn you would notice that it is exactly the same, meaning that energy was conserved.

In ANY electronics protons do not flow it is electrons only! I would really like to know if someone explained that protons move or if you just came up with it.

As for crystals, we are on the right track. I don't really believe in using crystals just yet but tapping harmonic frequencies to generate more power.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Also I wonder why atoms continue to exist. Current physics says that atoms are kept going from the energy left over from the Big Bang, but come on does that really sound likely?

I think that atoms in that small of a space have special properties. The particles that constitute them must be kept going in constant motion but how? Most likely becuase an atom is a very special overunity device. The particles within it must be moving at light speed and their rotation could somehow be causing a perfect energy balance of energy in to energy out.

The key would not to be to tap this exact energy but to tap electrons (potential) and their magnetic fields.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I have attached a very crude drawing to describe an object that would require very little energy to operate.

Part 1: Cold air will travel down the air ducts onto a heated wave plate. As it passes over the plates, the air molecules increase in speed and begin to heat up. They then travel into a pressure chamber with a pressure valve. The air molecules are packed tightly in the chamber becoming less dense than the surrounding air on the outside. The pressure valve releases the compress heated air down a tunnel exiting the bottom of the craft creating a bubble of air that is less dense than the cold air.

Part 2: The air duct chamber will rotate clockwise will the centrifugal ring will rotate counter-clockwise. They are connected together like two gears. As the air duct chamber rotates by using a high powered engine, the centrifugal ring will rotate as well. This action will create a vortex above the craft. The suction happens when the vortex is reintroduced into the air duct chambers. Think of it as inertia. The less dense air on the bottom of the craft is like a body sitting in water, it only aids in the lifting of the object. The suction from the vortex above the craft is where the thrust comes from.

By counter balancing the object, horizontal travel is possible at great speeds. The object will always attempt to achieve vertical lift with great thrust or suction. By using balancing weights inside the craft, it acts like a hot air balloon with sandbags.

Example: Boil some water in a pot, place some broccoli inside of it. let it boil a little bit, and turn off the heat. Place a glass plate over the pot for about an hour, return and you will find small pieces of broccoli on the bottom of the plate. Hot air rises, this air also has enough power to lift matter.

Edit to correct spelling.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Good idea but isn't there a more efficient form?

I mean taking it down to the atomic level, energy at the macro scale just isn't enough. In fact let me open you guys up to something I learned. The definition of energy is the capacity to do work. But work is the scattering of energy around right. So the definition of energy is the capacity to spread energy. Wait, that is a contradiction you can't define energy onto itself. It is like looking in the dictionary for the definition of a dog and the answer being a dog.

In fact the classical electromagnetic theory is completely wrong and has been ignored by some physicists for a very long time. In CEM it says that in the vacuum exists electromagnetic energy but that in fact is not true. It is completely false in quantum mechanics and that on itself violates laws of physics. EM fields are an effect not a cause!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
While I am interested in alot of these ideas, a few make no sense. Using a transformer to increase the voltage only lowers the amperage. It's a tradeoff. You might convert 6 volts to 50 volts, but you also just lowered your amperage. If anything you lost even more energy via the resistance of the transformer as heat. Voltage without amperage is useless. Amperage without voltage is useless. It's a tradeoff. Your not gaining energy by running it through a transformer to increase voltage, your loosing it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
All these other devices are attempting to create free energy. By our laws of physics, that's not possible. Best you can hope for is perpetual motion, and that's not creating any energy. It's just 100% efficent at transforming energy. Net energy gain=0 so you can't use it to power anything. Any device that puts out more power then it uses violates the laws of physics. You can't create energy... so where is that extra energy going to come from? That's the question you have to answer before you design anything.

rhombus24 is on the right track by looking into the sub atomic. What exactly is keeping those atoms from falling apart? Some form of energy there. We just need to figure out what it is and tap into it. That way your not creating energy, just using existing energy. Something is powering all these atoms, we need to figure out what and how. I like your ideas so far rhombus24.

Other then that we need to be looking at ways to convert matter to energy via fusion. As long as you have atoms to fuse you have power. A trillion stars can't be wrong, and we have a lot of garbage laying around.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by b309302]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Rhombus24, I recommend looking at the CERN website, they have tons of research materials for the sub atomic level. Pretty cool stuff they do there.

I like how all of you are thinking outside of the box. "Your mind is like a parachute. It works best when it's open!"

ok lets get this off the ground, great minds work best together. First off I would like to state that I think for magnetic potential energy you are definately going to need superconductors before anything is done. Achieved by using liquid nitrogen or liquid helium. (I prefer nitrogen cheaper) This causes flux pinning in the magentic field. (BTW this is how MRI machines work in hospitals except they use liquid helium.) As described by the Meissner Effect. I am sure you know all of this. If not look up the Meissner effect.

Ok now getting to the sub atomic level first we have to look how they operate here is a simple explanation.

"The atomic structure of most metals is a lattice structure, much like a window screen in which the intersection of each set of perpendicular wires is an atom. Metals hold on to their electrons quite loosely, so these particles can move freely within the lattice -- this is why metals conduct heat and electricity very well. As electrons move through a typical metal in the normal state, they collide with atoms and lose energy in the form of heat. In a superconductor, the electrons travel in pairs and move quickly between the atoms with less energy loss.

As a negatively-charged electron moves through the space between two rows of positively-charged atoms (like the wires in a window screen), it pulls inward on the atoms. This distortion attracts a second electron to move in behind it. This second electron encounters less resistance, much like a passenger car following a truck on the freeway encounters less air resistance. The two electrons form a weak attraction, travel together in a pair and encounter less resistance overall. In a superconductor, electron pairs are constantly forming, breaking and reforming, but the overall effect is that electrons flow with little or no resistance. The low temperature makes it easier for the electrons to pair up."

I think there needs to be more research done in the field of crystals with supercooling I think this is the key in harnessing energy. I am going to tinker with some stuff and see what I come up with. So I will keep this thread updated as my work progress's.

BTW I am an engineer and I mostly work with RF radiation and optic laser applications. Just to put people's minds at rest in case they think I am going out there not knowing the consequences like someone I know here on ATS did with the Mircrowave experiment sending a hotdog into another dimension or something like that by cooking it for a long period of time. ugghhh :ugh:

[edit on 14-12-2007 by kdial1]

[edit on 14-12-2007 by kdial1]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I would also like to say I think the government is going to the moon for this helium-3 just for this reason I posted above. Using it for superconductive properties and Fusion. I saw a synopsis for a contract from Nasa the other day for an advanced lander on the moon. If you want the synopsis let me know.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I know what you're saying about transformers but it was just a way to illustrate a voltage increase that could also be done by a solid state device. I never claimed to have the answers but put it out there as a possiblity for free energy and for others smarter than me to consider. If it's a bullcrap idea then so be it but some of the other ideas seem so radical and expensive to produce and I would like to come up with an idea using regular dc motors. I'm sure there has to be a simple way to increase amps. All I know is that crystals can be made to vibrate and a simple chip like a LM2907 frequency to voltage converter can produce a voltage and I think it's a start. Crystals are used everyday. Why can't they be used to power a car.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You people are so brillant that I have a hard time understanding what your saying on a sub-atomic level. I'm not sure if you mean pulling up to a gas station and having to fill up your car with liquid hydrogen or helium which would cost what, $30.00 or $40.00 dollars a gallon and what are the means of an engine. Is like a super train that uses a magnetic field to levitate a train, but what other type of energy is needed to operate this and where does that energy come from. Probably fossil fuels, so it's not an answer. You're using one expensive energy source to power another. It is not a solution, it's a problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mutantalien1947

Yes it is expensive and alot of research is going into finding superconductive material at room temperature, once this is found the world will be transformed. I completely understand this will cost alot of money to run off of liquid nitrogen. But as of right now running tests with liquid nitrogen and helium is the only means of achieving supericonductive properties at these levels. Once room temperature superconductors are found. I will already have my little gadget made and I can take liquid nitrogen out of the equation.

Here is a great video illustrating the basics of what I am going to be doing, except I am going to be doing it a little more complex.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by kdial1]

[edit on 15-12-2007 by kdial1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join