It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I don't think a a vamp would be an alien, and agreed, that they're not BEK/BEAs. Though perhaps they might have SLIGHT differences in the eyes hypothetically, I generally tend to think of BEKs as having something undetermined to do with shadow people- which i would term as more evil than a vampire any day- feel free to disagree, but shadows are not exactly harmless.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

I'm not sure if I linked it in this thread or not, but here is a personal experience of mine with a "shadow entity."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Truly intriguing. So that's what they're at. They can manifest from the puddles out of the air, as well, and are unaffected by gravity. Personal experiencetells me that- or it could just be a different form- the smoglike, puddle-cloud form that appears above a form while they slip into sleep. Waking, i witnessed it form. Denial stumps this. But it does make me wonder, if this is how they attack in dreams. But then, they wouldn't be that dumb any more. I am, after all, a reciprocator.
Anything stupid enough to attack me has it coming!
Anyway; there are those out there who speculate that psivampires turn into shadows when they die. I used to think that myself. But there are those out there (I know one myself) with the energy talent- who actually make an effort to take away the negativity and pain from those around them, using the ability to help those around them. They are like positive vampires or something. With the same need for energy, but they use that gift in a better way. Would these poeple still turn into those things? Or would they not really be vampires? (As is arguable that psi drainers are psychic humans and not legitimate vampires, quite offensively to the psis, i'm sure.)
Or would it be possible that these people, the positively charged ions, would be like opposition to the negatives? any opinion, jack-in-the-box?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Although I have been lurking at ATS for a number of years, I registered due to this topic.

I admit I have written to Anne Rice about my account of my encounter with a vampire. I find it interesting that she first wrote 'Interview with the Vampire' in 1973. The book was published in 1976. I didn't read the book until 1980. Upon reading the book I felt she may have met the same "person" I met in 1973. I have never received a reply from her. I do realize that she probably gets thousands of emails per month on her website. I wrote to her in 2001.

I have told my story several times to several different people and always get the same response, one of disbelief. Although my mother and sister sometimes still tease me, asking, "do you remember when you dated that vampire?"

I am now 51 years old. 34 years ago I was 17 and that summer I was working for the US Forest Service as an intern through a government program called the Neighborhood Youth Corps. We planted trees and dug potential fire break lines in the forests of northern Idaho.

A fire fighting crew came into town mid summer since it was a particularly dry summer and was on stand by just in case they were needed. Among that crew was the most beautiful young man I had ever seen. He had long blonde hair, perfectly symmetrical features. He reminded me of a more refined version of Robert Plant of Led Zepplin. He was tall and handsome and everything I ever thought I would give up my virginity to. I spent a lot of time just looking at him. He apparently noticed and began talking to me when the crew came into town from their forest stations.

He asked me out and I was ecstatic. We met for dinner several times, always late, after 10 pm. He never ate, urging me to order whatever I would like to have and he would have a glass of wine. I never knew how old he was but the drinking age in Idaho at the time was 19. He also had a european accent of some sort. He said he was from Germany. We would part at the restaurant, he never made any attempt to kiss me, which I thought very strange since every other guy I had dated prior was always all over me.

One night I suggested we meet at a place very near to my apartment, as I planned to ask him back to my house afterward for whatever... You got it, I wanted him!

fast forward to my apartment. After opening a bottle of wine and chatting he said he wanted to take me into his confidence because he really liked me. He continued to say that he doesn't usually tell anyone the truth about him because it scares people. Okay, I felt the first flash of fear.

He then went on to tell me that he was from Germany and was over 400 years old, that he was a vampire. I didn't know what to say. So, I asked, "what do you mean... vampire?"

He said he was from an aristocractic family and was chosen and attacked by a vampire in his family's estate. He was made a vampire by his attacker. By virtue of what he had become he left with this other vampire and travelled all over the world. He came to hate him so much that he branched out on his own in France after many years.

I asked him if he drank blood and killed people. He paused and said that yes, sometimes he chose to take a human life.

Okay at this point my fear was turning to terror. He was either a psychopath with a really interesting story or he was the real thing and I was about to die either way. I told him he was scaring me. He said he thought he probably would and that was not his intention. It was hard for him to make friends and when he felt he could trust someone he would tell them the truth about himself since his lifestyle was not ordinary and needed the acceptance of what friends he had to maintain a friendship with them. He also told me that he knew I was expecting to have sex with him and that he would agree to that but that sex was really no longer pleasurable to him although he knew it was pleasurable to "normals".

ran out of room will have to post again.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Part 2

okay by this time I was really freaking out and said I think you should leave. I remember he looked really sad. He said of course he would leave but he wanted me to think about being friends with him. I said, I don't think so, you need to leave. He got up slowly and picked up his jacket and reached inside his jacket pocket for a pen and paper. I was really shaking by this time and thought his every move was a ploy to his move to kill me. But he wrote his phone number at the camp on a peice of paper and said, "if you change your mind, call me" And then he left.

When he walked out the door I was trembling so badly I could barely dial the phone. I called my mother to come get me to take me home that night. I told her I just ended a date with a really creepy, scary guy. I paced the floor until she got there listening for any sounds that might indicate that he was breaking into my apartment.

I told my parents and they said I did the right thing by calling them. My dad said it's time for you to move out of that apartment and I did. I never called the guy and I never saw him again.

His name was Manfred Kirschner. I have never forgotten him. I thought he was a psycho until I read interview by anne rice. I have wondered for 28 years now if he is who rice called LeStat.

Believe me or not, there you have it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Did he have fangs? While i wait for a return of speculation on my little theoretical post, i must say it's an interresting story. But you do know that mortals will lie about their age from time to time, and there are those out there who will put on elaborate acts. I think vamps are a possiblity- in oneform or another- but ask yourself THIS: if he really was, why was he drinking wine, instead of the waitors?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

There is a difference between the psychic vampire and the true race.

As far as the positive and negative aspects of psychic vampirism, those are really age old questions really. If one uses their power to do good, and absorb negative energies, how long can this continue before they are consumed by them. As in the case of the SinEaters for example.

Many others are simply unaware, or at least unable to really understand what is happening. But nevertheless, they are a drain to the life-forces of those around them. Of course, then there are those who will do this knwingly and willingly. But could that really be called evil. After all, even humans kill so that they can eat and survive.

The positive and negative aspects of the various forms of vampirism are as complex as the light and darkness in any human, and more.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by likepaincomefromheaven

This is an excellent telling.

I am curious, what was it that really frightened you? After all, you were strongly attracted to him. Is that something that can suddenly be ignored? Furthermore, it seems pretty clear that he really did not mean you any harm.

I have known women who have dated murderers, and even one who wound up marrying. Of course, this person may have just been somewhat delusional, acting out some fantasy, perhaps even in the hopes that it would only intrigue you further.

Somehow though, I don't think there are any delusions here.

[edit on 5/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So what would you define the true race as? What would they be able to do?
Would they be psychic as well? And what would you define the psi type as?

By the way, I love how many thread people make arguing on about the existance (honestly, aside from the sarcasm, some of the things people write can actually be interresting.), but how it seems no one ever goes into much speculation over what they would be able to do, and how.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Most vampires, really only are human after all. Perhaps with notable abberations, but they will die within a normal lifetime.

The true race could be considered immortal by human standards. But then again, the one true race are not the only immortals either. This is a complex realm that even those in the know have difficulty understanding. There is a lot more to this world than most people care to even consider, much less accept as a part of their reality.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thankyou for the most intelligible answer. Still, i would love to hear one person at least, speculate an honest opinion on what the strigoi race could be able to do. Care to indulge me?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Well, there are obviously going to be physical differences, many of them advantageous, but a few that may be of a disadvantage. Of course, these differences will as varied as with any race.

But ask yourself this, what could any person do if you had all the time in the world to dedicate to study of a wide variety of subjects, and all the time you could ever need to seek out more hidden knowledge and artifacts? To truly unravel the mysteries of the ages.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I hope you can understand I didn't have any context to put my experience into. My only knowledge of vampires were what I had seen in the movies with Bela Lagosi as Dracula. There were no underground cultures of fang wearing goths or the internet to look things up with. There were no novels to reference to. There were no computer games and Star Wars hadn't even come out yet. Industrial Light and Magic wasn't even heard of. Dungeons and Dragons was just something starting that college kids played.

I was only 17 and the world was a much different reality than now.

Why was he drinking wine and not the waiters? I don't know. People lie about their age... LOL. I am at that age now but I don't tell people I am 400 years old! And no I don't recall him having fangs, and believe me, I looked once he started telling his story.

I have had a long time to speculate about him. Maybe the real vampires don't fit into hollywood or popular fiction category of the mythology. I do remember that he used the word "normals" and not "mortals".

Why did he frighten me so badly? It was his demeanor, his honesty. I thought he was going to kill me or make a vampire of me. It was like seeing someone shape shift before your eyes with no discernable difference in their physical appearance. Like seeing something you never believed could be real, like a ghost, or big foot. Why do we get chills in the presence of the supernatural? You just feel it, it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Ultimately, I believed him, that's what scared the hell out of me.

Before the night of his confession, I sensed there was something not right or strange. I thought it was because he was from another country, or that's what I was telling myself.

Yes, I was attracted to him- sexually. I was not in love. Women that love or marry murderers... I am apparently not of that persuasion.

All I know is this, when I read Anne Rice's first book, there was "something" familiar about her telling the history of humanized vampires that rang familiar with what he told me of himself. Suddenly I had a context to put my experience into. And having read that book, for the first time I had some regret that I didn't ask more questions.

I have no answers. Only the memory of my experience. That's all that was asked for by the original poster of this thread.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I for one would probably try to read as much as possible for a while, learn a few more languages, travel for a little while then get discouraged and bored, and retreat to a crypt somewhere to wait out the rest of eternity (or the years left until the world explodes in 2012
) with my gamecube and DVDs of the xfiles. Seriously, that's probably what i'd end up doing. I don't recall; did you say YOU ever saw one? And what did you mean by MOST races of them are human (as in mortal?)? That there's different types, and then the mysterious magical immortals?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by likepaincomefromheaven

In my opinion, you did have a legitimate "contact." Thanks for answering.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

And what did you mean by MOST races of them are human (as in mortal?)? That there's different types, and then the mysterious magical immortals?

That is correct. There are humans who could certainly be called vampires, and not simply because they get their teeth filed and hang out in goth clubs. These are physical traits, which have been observed and documented by science.

Then there are the others. Yes, the immortals. Of course, nothing really lives forever, but they could certainly be considered immortal by most human standards in this day and age. But it is also important to keep in mind that these sort are not defined by their immortality alone, as there are other races of beings that could be considered immortal as well. Even some who might be otherwise considered human after all.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
And do you suppose the immortals would really have fangs? How would they make them come out? Hypothetically? The idea, however "out there" it may be, of real immortals being existant, it intrigues me. How long do you suppose they would live? A few hundreds of years? Supposedly mortal humans who take really good care of themselves can live upward of 140 years! How much longer would they last? And even crazier- what kinds of crazy things would they be able to live through, do you suppose?
just think about that a second.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

There are some people who believe the Bible tells the literal truth when it tells of the people who lived for several hundred years in those ancient times.

As far as how long an immortal lives, there are a few things to consider. First, is that they are a physical form, that is bound to have some sort of aging process, however different it may be from what humans are accustomed to.

Second, a part of that physical aging process may be manifest by the burdens carried. Again, I think of the case of the Sin Eaters.

Third, there is the psychological aspect of immortality. You may want to live forever because you can't. But if you could, you might find that the dream is not what you might have imagined. Even for humans, life has a way of dragging you down. I am reminded of the phrase, "The more things change, the more things stay the same."

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

You might be interested to read some of what I posted on the subject of Vampires just after I joined ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I notice that more and more. As i said in my posts on 2012, things always happen, and society always goes through some major, huge changes!! But the people in it, generation after generation, are always just the same. I'm not trying to be funny, concerning the topic at hand, i just notice that the only thingto really change during my years has been how much less imaginative people are, and how much they don't think for themselves, now. It's just saddening. If i were immortal, i would be in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join