It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The way I read it, hemophagia is the disease which people die typically 10 years after contracting it, if not treated. V5 alters DNA giving individuals vampire characteristics which you have described and symptoms are onset at puberty and develop over the years but it is not a life threatening virus. V5 is what I thought most explained your kind, not hemophagia. I added the hemophagia info because it was interesting. But, maybe I misread the info. I'll go back and review it again

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
To clarify, V5 and hemophagia are two separate things. V5 is a retrovirus and hemophagia is a disease. Hemophagia is an actual legitimate disease. V5 is contoversial. Some people believe it is a hoax but others say there is scientific proof of studies. Sorry, I know this got off topic, but others strayed a bit too. If you'd like to comment, great, if not that's fine too. Just thought I would share the info in case anyone else wanted to read on it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kitty329

Yeah
Sure thing. I don't believe that either of them explain half of everything.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, I say nice thread. I do find it very amusing.
There are quite a few stories told and I find them to be interesting; there happen to be very good writers on here. Whether the stories are true or not, is of course very hard to say over the internet. Then again, sometimes it is all too easy to see which onces are in all likely hood, false.

The idea of the vampire has, of course, been romanticized to the point that lots of people want to be one. The immortality and invulnerability to sickness and the like is what many people desire; which I am sure is abundantly obvious. It would really be all I ever hear people talk of. One must also point out the mystery they entail as well; I assume that is also likely part of it. The details seeming to be left out, however, seem to be the ones that would be most important.
Regardless of whether you consider the vampire a supernatural creature or just another living being, these "details" will be there. They would be the facts of eating and of companionship; when talking of the sanguine ones of course. Do you honestly think, for even but a moment, that vampires would be able to get by with not killing someone, even once? Perhaps one could get by for a while, but "slip-ups" happen. If you say you want to become one, I would truely hope you know, precisely, what you mean. The second "fact" would be the lonelyness aspect, as metioned previous. Do you know what true lonelyness actually feels like? Not many people should, as they have family members left to see; various people they are close to... I would say that getting around this is easier then the former. You can always try to find someone. The object, in any case, is the fact that people leave. This has been stated before yet not truely talked about; could you watch everyone around you die? Pertaining to that, would your family even be able to accept you? I am sure you can see what I mean. I should say even in a relationship of "life" everlasting, everyone was once human; most human relationships do not last. I do admit that some indeed do, I doubt that anyone truely knows how many, even those who may be of a different sort.
Not a story have we here, but more of an insight, I would say.

I think I will end in saying that you are usually your own worst enemy. A vague reference, as well as a tad cliche, to this thread and certain people on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Late in the fall of this year, I am taking a two week vacation to England - where I'm sure another piece of my puzzle is waiting. I recall having read a post earlier in this thread about a woman's daughter-in-law, who took a trip to Europe, and ended up in Geneva along with a friend. They stayed at a local man's house, and in attempt to show them a good time, he accompanied them to a strange bar, where she claimed to have felt threatened by people she described as vampires. Do you know of any dark, peculiar places such as this in England? What is the oldest city in the country? Why are vampires associated with England (besides Bram Stoker's Dracula)?

What country do YOU feel drawn to when you have vampires on the brain?

[edit on 6/28/2009 by lorova34]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lorova34

Why should a person be drawn to any particular country? New Orleans was mentioned earlier in the thread; then there is the story you speak of. Would it not be likely that there is activity in most countries? A rhetorical question, I am sure.
I would suppose, that it all comes down to the whereabouts of any activity that has taken place. There should be no reason one country would be favored over any other. Unless you wish to account for climate and details of that nature.
Ignoring the previous statement, why should one area be favored over another? It would also be good to take note of the fact that, the older an area is, the more likely circumstances are to favor a sighting. You can also take the account that England was a very large last stop early on, before people were to depart to the Americas.

As the old statement says, seek, and ye shall find. However, in this particular "quest", some may not want to be found. Not to say that this particular subject would be an errand in futility; however I am sure I state the obvious that a starting point is likely needed. Starting at the edge of a city is good for traveling, not perhaps for seeking something within the city itself.

I think I will end with the statement that, "if you play with fire, you will be burned." I would hope this meaning is not lost to anyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by valicity_vandam

- Is there a preferred location, on the body, to bite?

Femoral artery. But depending on the person it can be fairly deep, so bring a knife.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Wow that's very interesting..
The person on the roof how did he/she look ? Have you gone back to the address since then?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarius

Wow that is deep and i think very true it would be a life of loneliness. Can anyone please share stories or encounters with me i want to know a lot on this subject. So please inform me!

Thankss

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mythLUVER

Wow i would like to know who you are?
How many people are in the coven?
What is your name?
What do you look like?

I wanna know ..all that you can tell me..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Madhatter's posts about his close encounter does make sense, if you think about it. I don't think a real vampire would go out of his way to look odd and draw attention to himself. A clever, real vampire would be a regular-looking dude or dude-ette wearing clothes from the Gap.

About 10 years ago, I went to to this goth club in NY called Mother (or was it Mother#er?) to review a band for a magazine. This woman was in the lobby
promoting her non-fiction book about vampires. I noticed most of the club-goers had fangs and there was an open casket in the middle of the dance floor that people jumped in and out of. Can't say whether or not any of the club-goers struck me as real vampires, but I did freak out when I learned that the woman who was selling her book in the lobby went missing short afterwards...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
interesting story about the club in ny. do you recall the name of her book or anything about so I could look it up?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirrorshade

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Army eh? I personally am not sure which branch I served in that I am more proud of, the Marines, or the Air Force. But I would never admit that I served in the army if I had made such a foolish choice!

I got my degrees after that though, but I doubt a university education is much beyond a BA level if that, eh?

I'm not an american so the distinction between army and marines does not apply. Also, why are you so intent on trying to convince yourself that I must be inferior in some way? I cannot have a masters degree, you were a better soldier, therefore you must be better at life (or at posting on a site)?

Here's what I think, you were never in any army be it marines or air force, you cannot handle any criticism, you wouldn't last a week.

Originally posted by DragonriderGalI bet if you got a vampire to be honest (and they aren't going to be with you, Kat, cuz really, how would you feel if you knew your favorite people were actually etc etc..

I am not Kat, the name is

Shade

Huh. Well I had some stuff to do and so was off line for a couple weeks. Sorry about the delay to answer.

And really, I am not saying you are inferior, just pointing out that YOU aren't superior either based on what I can see thru your posts here. If your posts didn't imply this attitude, this whole thing would have been a non-issue.

So if everyone ends up in your army, you couldn't help it. Sorry!
And 16 years is a long time to make up being in the military, not able to handle the criticism. *rolls eyes* Marine photographer, Air force Loadmaster. Lots of fun at times, utterly exhausting at others. But good try, eh?

And I am pretty sure Kat reads all the posts here, so just in case you can't figure it out, that was an aside to her, hence the ( ) around it.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitty329
Hey Kat,

I'm not sure how reliable these sources are but the information got me thinking, nonetheless. Here are the links to the sites I read from. Maybe from this you can find more info and create your own opinion on these possible scientific facts and theories.

V5- 'vampire' virus
vampirewebsite.net

hemophagia- an actual disease
althistory.wikia.com/wiki/hemophagia

Let me know what you think!

I am guessing that the US government (read NWO bunch using our government) got a hold of a real vampire and tried to back engineer their 'disease', but since they don't have anywhere near the genetic manipulative skills the greys do, they could only do so much.

Or else they are hiding the fact that these people are almost impossible to kill, and want the public to feel safer about the whole vampire thing. But overall, yeah, this sounds like a very similar kind of virus I see the real vampires having. Good research, kitty!

That is how things are, when I see information out in the spirit realm or racial/collective unconscious. I haven't (or hadn't at least) read about any of this information, but yet, there are sources talking about the same kind of thing I am 'seeing/knowing' from the racial/collective unconscious. Cool beans.
I always love to get independent confirmation of that stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kat987
reply to post by Tortria

I read it and I think it sounds silly

I don't believe in it, but I guess anything is possible.

Remote viewing is all part of that 'we are all one energy' thing. Some of it even goes thru the racial unconscious like what I can do.
But anyway, even the military uses it, although they tend to be much more low key about it. In fact most of the teachers of remote viewing in the metaphysical community are usually ex-military.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarius
reply to post by lorova34

Why should a person be drawn to any particular country? New Orleans was mentioned earlier in the thread; then there is the story you speak of. Would it not be likely that there is activity in most countries? A rhetorical question, I am sure.
I would suppose, that it all comes down to the whereabouts of any activity that has taken place. There should be no reason one country would be favored over any other. Unless you wish to account for climate and details of that nature.
Ignoring the previous statement, why should one area be favored over another? It would also be good to take note of the fact that, the older an area is, the more likely circumstances are to favor a sighting. You can also take the account that England was a very large last stop early on, before people were to depart to the Americas.

As the old statement says, seek, and ye shall find. However, in this particular "quest", some may not want to be found. Not to say that this particular subject would be an errand in futility; however I am sure I state the obvious that a starting point is likely needed. Starting at the edge of a city is good for traveling, not perhaps for seeking something within the city itself.

I think I will end with the statement that, "if you play with fire, you will be burned." I would hope this meaning is not lost to anyone.

I think in the days before mass transportation, the heavily populated areas would be where the highest amount of such beings would be, since they do need to drink blood on a regular basis, but now I would guess their whereabouts and living areas are based on personal preferences.

It does feel like they prefer the cooler climates though, less direct sunlight further north and south. My sense of them is that their biochemistry is so altered that weather really isn't a factor for them though, since they aren't prone to any other type of infection.

They seem to have an almost reptilian quality to them too. Kind of cold blooded. It would be interesting to see if their core body temperature was actually lower. The virus does some serious mutating from what I can see, and I think it would be safe to say that these folks really aren't 'human' per say, anymore.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dragonridergal,

you posted some great responses. I agree that the vampire virus could very well be a government experiment to mimic vampires or to use it as a cover up to explain away actual vampires. perhaps I shall post a thread to discuss it. i'm glad you're back on this thread. I thought it had been abandoned or closed since many ats-ers dislike the vamp threads

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty329
dragonridergal,

you posted some great responses. I agree that the vampire virus could very well be a government experiment to mimic vampires or to use it as a cover up to explain away actual vampires. perhaps I shall post a thread to discuss it. i'm glad you're back on this thread. I thought it had been abandoned or closed since many ats-ers dislike the vamp threads

Thanks kitty. I think it just some things run their course, and perhaps this thread is kinda at that place for now, but yes, it sounds like a good idea to start a thread with that idea in mind.
I know that is what I see about vampires out in the racial/collective unconscious.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Recently, here is really boring...

I'm Still looking for a vampire. And I still want to become one of them ...

Stories which I read here are really interesting...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by diabolique

About the author who disappeared......that reminds me of Susan Walsh.

Susan Walsh was a stripper/grad-student who earned an internship with the New York City newspaper "The Village Voice". She began to investigate New York's Vampire sub-culture and wrote about it while dating a man who claimed to be a real vampire. She vanished one day with no trace. Some say it was the Russian mob whom she had previously written an article on that kidnapped her. Others say she was kidnapped by a vampires. Perhaps even the one she was dating. I remember this being on "Unsolved Mysteries" a while ago.

Whether or not it was vampires...it's still weird.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Loveheart]

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join