It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Although I have never met any vampires I wouldn't mind meeting one. Its not like im a fan or anything but it would be interesting. I did some research on the scientific possibility that vampires can exist. Here is some of what I found. Hope it strengthens your beliefs and hope.

Vampire Pathology

Infection
A vampire bite can cause death by anaphylactic reaction; repeated bites can cause death from haemorrhagic shock, occasionally from subacute anaemia. A small minority of bites can lead to a metamorphosis from 'normal human being' to vampire; vampirification. One study suggests fewer than 1% of attacks lead to vampirification.2
There is no record - or rumour - of vampire reproduction in any other way, supporting theories of a parasitic factor; vampirification as a means of increasing the vampire population.
The favoured age of victims is early twenties; almost equal numbers of male and female victims, with a marked predominace of healthy, educated and intelligent people.2 Indeed, one mark of a threatened and declining vampire group may be a deviation from this careful preselection of victims.

[Mod Edit: Quote trimmed, source link given and external quote tags added. Please see Posting work written by others. and New Site Tag For Quoting External Sources Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 20/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

A vampire bite can cause death by anaphylactic reaction

Human haemoglobin uses iron as its core; the vampire equivalent uses magnesium.

Respiration in the vampire does not involve the lungs at all.

Bowel movements in the vampire do not involve the rectum at all.

Where are you getting any of this information from??? I'm sorry man, but this all just sounds like completely hypothetical and made up bs which you present as facts, especially the specifics of vampire anatomy.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I didnt say that these were facts but merely ideas that i got while i was doing some research.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Seiju]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiju
I didnt say that these were facts but merely ideas that i got while i was doing some research.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Seiju]

lets see this research

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Its the first post on this page... How could you miss it?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiju
Its the first post on this page... How could you miss it?

You fail to show where your coming up with this! I mine as well believe that bowel movements in the vampire do not involve the rectum at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiju

Are you saying that you have posted your own original interpretation? I find it quite interesting. If you have a few sources, I would like to see them. However, I understand if some of these ideas have just been devoloped over time without remembering the locations of specific resource material.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i used to spend at least 2-3 nights a week in a goth club in baltimore maryland and while i met very many wannabees i have to say there was only one time besides the psychic vampires that i met that i met what i considered a real vampire did he show me any "magicle"powers no but his words seemed to have a somewhat hypnotic effect on me and he keept suggesting i leave with him to go to his motel room, now im straight and even if i were bi when he continued telling me i should leave with him if it wasent for my friend who was thankfully with me i would have gone , he seemed so sincere and he said to me it would be a night i would allways remember i dident take him up on it although i considered it , he was very kind and very convincing and his eyes where the strangest color of brown i ever saw im just saying as im married now that if my best friend hadent beeen there to talk me in to staying with him things may have deffinitly turned out diffrently . was he a vampire il never realy know but some how i feel lucky i dident have to find out .

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiju

Please do not copy and paste straight from a known vampire "parody" site and claim it to be your own "research." Very bad form.

Here is where he just copied everything he claims is his research, which if you search around is known to be a parody site (the journal articles cited do not exist):

www.vampyreverse.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiju

Very bad form indeed!

Give credit where credit is due. It's fine to quote as long as you give the source. Providing a link is even better. Ur style is weak.

Keep in mind that what you did also violates the rules of ATS as well as the law.

[edit on 12/23/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Are there really REAL vampires? It's a subject I've never really looked into. I mean, I've read Dracula and all the Anne Rice novels but I thought they were just stories.Something rings a bell though. I read a few years back about some village in Mexico? where there were crosses outside every house and signs everywhere too about "los Vampiros" and I think they were having a lot of alien (entity) sightings and cattle mutilations too.

You're talking about El Chupacabra.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiju

Not to mention the fact that he also copies the citation numbers without advising where the bibliography could be found.

Bad mojo.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This happened several years ago when I was much younger but it always stuck with me. At the time I lived in a really small town where todays fashions of latex and leather stuck out like a sore thumb. I was working at a fast food joint and it was right at closing time. I was sweeping the floor behind the registers looking down at the floor. The lobby doors have this chime that goes off when someone walks in so if everyone is in the back they will know there are customers. I never heard it go off but when I looked up there was this guy standing there with hism arms around these two girls waist, this too was an oddity for then and there, They were all dressed in full body patent leather with these long coats on and I remember the guy was wearing a black berret. I put down my broom and asked to take their order. That was when I noticed the guys ears. Ill never forget how pointed they were. He never spoke just smiled. I took the girls orders, took their money, gave them their food and they were history. Now, Im not saying he actually was a vampire or that he even thought he was. All I am saying is that was all I could think was that dude was a freaken vampire I was completely sure of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akane
reply to post by UnforgiveableSin

Really sound like my cup of tea, however I want to meet one alone in a field, a full moon high in the sky. The light reflecting off his long dark hair, his penetrating eyes only on me and he will be dressed like a Victorian gentalman.(It happened in a very nice dream once upon a time.)

Oh there are many people who have, they are just perhaps to afraid to come out or think I wont take them seriously. Take for example that reporter that went missing in 1998, she went looking for vampires got in to deep and vanished. Which brings a whole new meaning to the saying "If you hunt for vampires, vampires will hunt for you" so perhaps I may get to meet one one day.

Ive heard about that, does it really work?

They say it is supposed to work. Villagers used it back in the old day. Their experiences were recorded. In one case, a woman lost her husband to sickness and they buried him, like everyone else I suppose, but then strange things began to happen. On full moons, supposedly, the wife would hear footsteps and one night she saw him, standing over the bed. I cant really remember what happened after that. Just that the villagers went back to his grave, it seemed untouched. They dug him up and saw him, lieing peacefully in death you would say. The widow claimed it really had been her husband that had visited her. They looked closer and saw fresh blood, dripping from his chin and lips. I can't really remember what then.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by UnforgiveableSin]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I am a believer and hunter, but alas I have no first-hand account that I can share with you.

So let me get this straight- You're a vampire hunter, but have never even encountered one?
I'm a nascar racer. But, legally I can't drive.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

...but alas I have no first-hand account that I can share with you.

Have fun with your car.

[edit on 1/2/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I am a believer and hunter, but alas I have no first-hand account that I can share with you.

So let me get this straight- You're a vampire hunter, but have never even encountered one?
I'm a nascar racer. But, legally I can't drive.

You can be a vampire hunter, or rather a truth hunter, without having a first hand encounter. A lot of people who write books and do this research are called "vampire hunters." They take accounts of other people's experience and save it while they hunt for one of their own as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiju

You know what I find funny? I think I have read all of this before.

And for me this seems very theoretical.

I can not necessarily accept it a truth without evidence, sure it seems possible but without an acctual conformation from a vampire it really does nothing for me.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Originally posted by Akane
reply to post by Osiris1953

As for the person on the roof, was there and addic or window that would allow them access to a two story high roof?

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, just been very busy and rather jaded with ATS as of late. Anyhow, I really didn't notice if there was easy roof access, the whole situation was strange enough. There were windows relatively close to the roof, so I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to get up there, but it would seem to be rather difficult.

It's fine, I have not even been online to notice...
hmm well your right that situation is quite odd, and if it would be difficult to get onto the roof then most people would not even try.

Vampire or not there is something odd about this individual, from my perspective it may have been a genuine encounter...you are most fortunate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join