It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
first show that picture from paper and second i first time hear of drunk vampire? maybe he is just some local drunker that is similar to picture.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I don't know if this exactly a Vampyre encounter but I know it was unlike any of the the paranormal events I've ever experienced. Even if did not take place on this plane of existence.

It happened around 2 yrs ago. I was going through major emotional upheaval related to sexual abuse I endured as a child. I had done extensive therapy over the years. But as in many traumatic events in life it takes years to come to terms with all that it entails. I was going through a bout of heart tearing grief.

It happened early one morning. My husband gets up between 4 & 5 am to take a shower for work. I woke to tell him good morning. As I lay there I felt perfectly awake yet kind of in an Alpha state. You know that place between awake & asleep.

I was sitting on a grassy knoll. Every thing was in of a black/white with sort of a blue tint. Which I thought was strange because I never dream that way. It is usually in color. As I was sitting there I felt so sad & destroyed.

Out of nowhere a beautiful wombmyn came & sat beside me. She had long black hair which part of it was piled in a bun on her head & the rest hanging free. Her skin was porcelain white skin. She had on a long blue ankle length dress. We didn't talk I just felt like I knew her.

She took my wrist brought it up to her mouth & drank. I just felt suddenly so peaceful. She gave me back my hand & put it in my lap touch my shoulder. Got up to leave. It felt so real.

I suddenly came to. I felt so rested. It had only been a few minutes because my husband had come out of the shower just then. I told him of my "Strange Dream".

The really strange part about all this is I had felt so depressed & horrible. I suddenly felt better. That day I was no longer depressed & crying constantly. I felt calm & peaceful for the first time in weeks.

Even til this day 2 1/2 years later. I deal with those issues in a much more calm way. I don't have that deep emotional pain I would get whenever these issues would come up. Yes I know it sounds like it was just a dream. But unlike one I ever had before. The fact that I suddenly felt better like my emotional pain was drained away with one drink.

Has anyone ever had an experience such as this. Or know of a breed of Vampyre that lives on an astral plain & feed off emotional pain. Not that I'm complaining. I am very grateful to her. But I would be very interested to know. Whether it be just a Dream or something else.

Just to let you know I am a grown wombmyn. Although I may have issues. I believe we all do. I am completely sane.

Thank you,
Gypsy

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok, so first off I must say that I find it quite funny that everyone here has the same tools at there finger tips but choose not to use them. It would seem that you choose not do research for yourselves, I wonder why? I will compile together all the research that I have personally found while searching the web concerning this topic, I will also include links. Let me preface this research with my personal thoughts on the topic: the elusive vampyre is real, I will only attach the links and stories I have found and some ideas for thought but I will not add any personal accounts as to why I believe they are real.

First off there is lots to talk bout concerning beliefs of how to become a vampire, some of these everyone knows, but I found a couple you might not have heard of,

Source: www.chebucto.ns.ca...
Causes of vampirism included: being born with a caul, teeth, or tail, being conceived on certain days, irregular death, excommunication, improper burial rituals etc.

Source: ezinearticles.com...

Other reasons as to the cause of Vampirism include conceiving a child of specific days or being born with teeth or a tail or a caul (a membrane over a newborn's head). Any child that died before it was baptized risked becoming a Vampire, and the seventh child of the same sex in a family would be a Vampire. The same fate awaited the child born of a mother who didn't eat salt or a mother who was looked at by a Vampire or a witch during pregnancy. Excommunication, suspicious and unusual deaths and improper burial rites increased the chances of becoming a Vampire.

In addition to excommunication Greeks believed anyone failing to observe a holy day could become a Vampire. The same belief applied to people committing serious crimes, those who died alone or a person who ate the meat of a sheep killed by a wolf. If a cat leaped over the grave before interment the corpse would rise as a Vampire. A corpse would be exhumed three years after burial, and the family would place the bones in a box. Wine would be poured over them, and a priest would bless the deceased. If the corpse was not decomposed it would be treated as a Vampire.

Someone who'd kept the deceased possessions instead of destroying them according to Gypsy law: got antiques?

Consider if some of these were true I guess you could label me a vampire too, actually probably a good percentage of people in the world.

If you’re interested in your search for the benevolent some days could be more important than others.

Vampires, along with witches, were believed to be most active on the Eve of St George's Day (April 22 Julian, May 4 Gregorian calendar), the night when all forms of evil were supposed to be abroad. St Georges Day is still celebrated in Europe. St Georges day is has somewhat changed from the day of the dead, to the story of St George slaying a dragon and saving a princess.
Source www.sossi.org...

I have read somewhere but cannot find source, that instead of St George killing a dragon it was a Vampyre.

Mythology, historical accounts and published works (up until the Vampire's Kith and Kin Montague Summers 1928 :

Source: www.dagonbytes.com...

Vampyre John Polidori 1819 The First Vampire short story written in the english language, inspired the same night and place as Mary Shelly's 'Frankenstein'.

Feast of Blood Varney the Vampyre 1845 The first vampire novel ever written, taken from the penny dreadful serials.

Carmilla J. Sheridan Le Fanu 1872 Carmilla, the first female vamire in gothic literature, one of the works that inspired Bram Stoker.

Dracula's Guest Bram Stoker 1897 A lost chapter that was left out of Bram Stoker's classic Dracula novel, just one question- why was this incredible piece cut?

Osirus82

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok, so first off I must say that I find it quite funny that everyone here has the same tools at there finger tips but choose not to use them. It would seem that you choose not do research for yourselves, I wonder why? I will compile together all the research that I have personally found while searching the web concerning this topic, I will also include links. Let me preface this research with my personal thoughts on the topic: the elusive vampyre is real, I will only attach the links and stories I have found and some ideas for thought but I will not add any personal accounts as to why I believe they are real.

First off there is lots to talk bout concerning beliefs of how to become a vampire, some of these everyone knows, but I found a couple you might not have heard of,

Causes of vampirism included: being born with a caul, teeth, or tail, being conceived on certain days, irregular death, excommunication, improper burial rituals etc.

Source: ezinearticles.com...

Other reasons as to the cause of Vampirism include conceiving a child of specific days or being born with teeth or a tail or a caul (a membrane over a newborn's head). Any child that died before it was baptized risked becoming a Vampire, and the seventh child of the same sex in a family would be a Vampire. The same fate awaited the child born of a mother who didn't eat salt or a mother who was looked at by a Vampire or a witch during pregnancy. Excommunication, suspicious and unusual deaths and improper burial rites increased the chances of becoming a Vampire.

In addition to excommunication Greeks believed anyone failing to observe a holy day could become a Vampire. The same belief applied to people committing serious crimes, those who died alone or a person who ate the meat of a sheep killed by a wolf. If a cat leaped over the grave before interment the corpse would rise as a Vampire. A corpse would be exhumed three years after burial, and the family would place the bones in a box. Wine would be poured over them, and a priest would bless the deceased. If the corpse was not decomposed it would be treated as a Vampire.

Someone who'd kept the deceased possessions instead of destroying them according to Gypsy law: got antiques?

Consider if some of these were true I guess you could label me a vampire too, actually probably a good percentage of people in the world.

If you’re interested in your search for the benevolent some days could be more important than others.

Vampires, along with witches, were believed to be most active on the Eve of St George's Day (April 22 Julian, May 4 Gregorian calendar), the night when all forms of evil were supposed to be abroad. St Georges Day is still celebrated in Europe. St Georges day is has somewhat changed from the day of the dead, to the story of St George slaying a dragon and saving a princess.
Source www.sossi.org...

I have read somewhere but cannot find source, that instead of St George killing a dragon it was a Vampyre.

Mythology, historical accounts and published works (up until the Vampire's Kith and Kin Montague Summers 1928 :

Source: www.dagonbytes.com...

Vampyre John Polidori 1819 The First Vampire short story written in the english language, inspired the same night and place as Mary Shelly's 'Frankenstein'.

Feast of Blood Varney the Vampyre 1845 The first vampire novel ever written, taken from the penny dreadful serials.

Carmilla J. Sheridan Le Fanu 1872 Carmilla, the first female vamire in gothic literature, one of the works that inspired Bram Stoker.

Dracula's Guest Bram Stoker 1897 A lost chapter that was left out of Bram Stoker's classic Dracula novel, just one question- why was this incredible piece cut?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Dracula Bram Stoker 1897

The Vampire's Kith and Kin Montague Summers 1928 A detailed study in vampires written by the eccentric priest, Montague Summers

Here are the 2 of the first documented cases from: East Prussia in 1721 and in the Austro-Hungarian empire from 1725-1734 There are the stories that most you seem to remember the stories but not where they come from.

These two incidents were extremely well documented. Government officials examined the cases and the bodies, wrote them up in reports, and books were published afterwards of the Paole case and distributed around Europe. The controversy raged for a generation.

The two famous cases involved Peter Plogojowitz and Arnold Paole. Plogojowitz died at the age of 62, but came back a couple of times after his death asking his son for food. When the son refused, he was found dead the next day. Soon Plogojowitz returned and attacked some neighbors who died from loss of blood.

In the other famous case Arnold Paole, an ex-soldier turned farmer who had been attacked by a vampire years before, died while haying. After death people began to die and it was believed by everyone that Paole had returned to prey on the neighbors

These 2 cases follow a the same idea concerning status of vampires found in coffins sorta like the Carmilla story, but you will find lost of stories that have thoes similarities.

There have been other stories about people that have been linked to vampires due to their actions, a couple of them are from 15th and 16th centuries source:

www.vampiresamongus.com...

Countess Erzsebet Bathory (Elizabeth Bathory or the "Blood Countess")

Frenchman Gilles de Rais. A former member of Joan of Arc's guard

And lets not forget about the Highgate Vampire-The Legend source:
www.ghost-story.co.uk...

and one of the last thing that I have learned about is a vampire grave here in Lafayette, Colorado, I have went there and seen the grave first hand it was not very spooky or erie feeling. I guess the story is about a man Mr. Glava I think he was from poland but not 100% sure, when I was there there was rose bushes basically on top of the grave: legend said the rose bushes grew form his finger nails, also there was a tree in the middle of the grave supposedly from the stake in his heart.

Source
www.roadsideamerica.com... i belive there was also a link from a Ghost hunters website but I cannot find.

This is only the information that have found in the last couple hours. I could do more research but I don’t work for any of you and feel I have done plenty of research already. Ohh and don’t bother asking about how I know or my personal expirences, some knowledge is forbidden. Time will pass and “stories “ will be shared, I know you don’t have as much time to be patient as our undead brethren do but patience is a virtue, not just a human virtue either.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'll be convinced about this drunk vampire when I see a present day photo along with this old newspaper clipping. Is that so hard?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've had a few encounters with some close people to me who were vampires in past lives. It's been scary but at the same time exciting as well since I love that race (even though they were brutal to humans). If anyone wishes to know more about my stories then don't hesitate to message me. I'd gladly tell you but keep in mind that I don't have time for non-believers. I have my own spirituality and don't need someone trying to tell me they don't exist or that I'm crazy or that I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

What about this reporter? I tried to look up what happened but couldn't find anything. Do you know her name, or any other info?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Do you know what kind of evidence has been found, do you have an example?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Halloooo, im a thread follower, excuse the grammar (or not, dont really care...). Im a psych. student. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and i had a very....odd...thing happen to me when i started researching paranormal occurences. Maybe things happen to people who look for them, i dunno. To many people think its not interesting at all, but i have a feeling some people here might take something out of it.

I was walking down the sidewalk on my way home. i live in suburban ottawa so lots of trees and greenies. There was a bus stop in front of me and a lady got off. nothing special. She was pretty beautiful, one of those people you look at, think about, and then never think about again. nothing to write home about. She had pale skin, and she was dressed for an office job. she was walking in the same direction as me but just ahead of me. I thought it would be kinda funny if she was a vmpire, you know, i think alot. all of a sudden, just after i had thought about it, she looked at me. then she started walking faster. I am not a scary person. so i slow down and try nd back off, i dont want to get into any trouble. She keeps on turning around and looking at me, then walking faster. I want to ask wtf her problem is, but i think better of it and i justslow down some more. Another bus comes again, to a bus stop further ahead and she flags it down and runs on.

I thought about this incident occasionally and the only conclusion i could come up with was that she was either oddly afraid of me or she could read minds.
Like other people think, it was prob nothing but it just keeps naggin at the back of my head...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by osirus82

wow! you really do a thorough research? No offense but would you know a vampire today? I am really interested and you sound like you have a lot of info. Hope you can shed light!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolet

hi evolet! don't worry im not here to be a pisser or a non believer, i was just really interested in your post about your friends who were vampires in their past life. wanting to hear your stories to be exact. Oh, and do you have friends who are vampires at the moment... just a question! hope to hear from you! Take care!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mythLUVER

How can we be sure that you are not making this up? Your user name is mythLUVER... Vampires are considered a myth to some people.

If its ture that some of whats in Twilight are facts what are some of them? By the way i don't think you have to worry about her the idea for the series came from a dream she had...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

You can hunt animals but never catch one.

Hunting isnt about catching its basically seeing.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
well dreams work in odd ways we are vary open when we sleep trust me i have a frist hand account on the supernatural world i have messed with stuff i should have never messed with (spirts and such) but it has opened my mind to a whole other world of possibilities so you need to show me proof it doesnt exsist before i say it doesnt

all in all i do hope the vampires of are dreams are real just think how exciting our world would be to know there is more we dont know about it would take a dull object and give it some shine

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightDweller

I just recently stumbled apon this message board and I am so intrigued by Night Dweller! Tried to write a U2U, but I have not had 20 posts.

ND, I have always been very skeptical of the exsistance of vampires, but since reading all the posts on this board, I must say you have, at very least, opened my mind a little more. I have never doubted the paranormal such as ghosts and deamons, so why not at least consider the possibilty of vampires.

I'm curious as to why you have not posted in several months. I too have many questions that I'd love to ask you! I hope they are not repeats of privious questions, but I apologize if they are.

You stated that when you last took your temp. it was 35 or 36 degrees. Is that in F or C?

Would you have any idea as to how many of your kind are on earth? Where are the highest numbers located?

When you "feed" or "drink" human blood, how often must you do so? It is similar to when humans eat... about 3 times a day? (I hope that doesn't sound ridiculous!)

Out of all the fiction written about vampires, what or who do you think has come the closest to accurately describing you?

If someone asked you to "change them", and they really, truely wanted that, would you?

How do you feel about what you are? Are you ever regretfull, or wish you were human? Not that you had a choice, but how would you relate your life experiences to those of us who will have only a short few decades of life?

Please... U2U me if you can. I know I will nt hit 20 posts on here anytime soon, but maybe I can recieve mesages? I look forward to your reply!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Are you serious? How did you manage to do that, Neo~?
Seriously, that is interesting. Is there anything to tell? A funny story? "I got so mad, telekinetic beams shot out from my brain- and they moved a paperclip!" ??? It sounds almost rude, but i'm serious: how could you do that? I made that quoted part up by the way because supposedly things like that work best with a flood of emotions.

sorry i'm late levita, i was occupied,
the paperclip in question was moved by sound. and actually you were not rude i actually thought it was funny

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
hello everyone
i was just wondering...
what do you think about this site?
www.ultramyth.com...
is this real?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

i now that vampirs r real im a hybrid vampire and wereolf and if u think im liying im not and i only eat animals and im vary dagres and vampires are not all night walkers some the sun dosent hert them like me but im also a werewolf O and if u c a day walker dont say hi they will atack u as what i now from my vamp friends and werewolf friends we are very dageris and dont mess with us and if u want to be like me trust me u dont im still vary yong at 14 and i was a hybrid for a few weeks im still lerning.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by a real hybrid!!

Oh, awsome, mysterious, and 'DAGERIS' really-real hybrid:
If you would like to seem more illustrius, more mysterious, more blatantly creepy and dark, i have a suggestion for you:

LEARN SOME PROPER SPELLING!!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join