It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else heard a high whine in remote locations that cannot be explained?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I had a strange experience twice this summer, both times while camping in remote locations. One case had witnesses, so I will only mention it. My friends and I were sitting around a campfire in southern Quebec. I remember feeling a little strange and then I noticed a faint high whine in the distance. Since this was the second time I head heard such a whine at a campground, I wondered if it was something that was done to ward off bears, or something. I would have left it at that, but when as soon as I became conscious of it, my friend said, "do you hear that whine?" When I said I said yes it instantly stopped. It could be nothing, but I am wondering if others have had this experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You go camping in the middle of the woods, u hear a whine and post about it in this forum? What's that has to do with anything UFO-related here?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Cicadas or crickets. Seriously these things buzz like the dickens and you will never be able to see them. They also have a tendency to start and stop when you get near the trees they are in. Sometimes they do sound like high tension power lines though.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You'll probably never know what made the sounds. It could have been anything and sound carries too so it could have been from miles away. That's not denying that there could be a WIERD explanation too though. An old pal of mine used to go camping in remote places. One time he had a friend with him and in the middle of the night when they were both fast asleep my friend was jolted awake into an upright position. He looked over at his friend and he'd been suddenly woken too and was also sitting up. Neither of them had any explanation for what woke them or why they were sitting up.Remote places at night are not for me. Even if I'm in a car I sit with my muscles locked all up and down my back and I'm really scared and I have no idea why. Well, I do really. It's probably beacuse I've heard too many abduction stories.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Definately not insects.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Could be a compressor on a gas pipeline. Those things can be heard for a mile or two if the wind is from it's direction. The it might be some other type of equipment.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

may i ask some questions,please;

1. when specifying remote,how far from the nearest house/cabin/structure?

2. how far from the nearest power lines?

3. weather conditions and season?

4.distance from a paved highway?

we are bombarded by noise pollution everyday;and block most out subconsciously as background noise; and it is not un-common to hear noises or vibrations in remote,i.e. 'quieter' locales that we normally hear everyday and just do not pay attention to in the background.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ever heard of Tinnitus?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

scientist you beat me to the punch, it seems I suffer from Tinnitus. I discovered the whining affect last December and joined a chat group on earth senses or groans. I reported that a a strange whine just started up especially in my left ear and I was in Egypt living within eyesight of the Great pyramid, just imagine what tricks my mind played on me, was it a new sense possibly due to our DNA is changing, was it manmade or was it a ET signal from space, crazy ha.
I was afraid to go the the ear doctor there, only because I dont like taking meds or operations, anyway it was a constant irritation to hear this high pitched whine.
The chat group had me looking into everything including hi freq radio waves and so I tried to do a little bit of analyzing and plugged in a wifi receiver onto my desktop and sure enouph a small signal was running continuously 24/7, great I now had free wifi in Egypt, fantastic, right.
I started thinking maybe I could detect earth shakes and so I joined an earth sensitives chat group, they loved the thought I was there in egypt living near the big one, so many questions and free wifi.
I returned to America and the whine died down just a little, why, who knows. I went to the pharmacist and sure enough he said Tinnitus and put me on a drug but the whine did not go away, but then the drug says in sever cases nothing can be done due to age I guess. We all know that in the populated areas of America wifi is everywhere, so I wonder if I can detect the microwave signal or just a spurious emission down at the high freq level or is it just Tinnitus, who knows what our ears can detect, right.
gwhint

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Funny you should mention this, I was thinking about an instance of something similar that occurred in the early 1980's when I was growing up in my home town. It was a big story back then because an awful lot of people noticed it, and thats when I became familiar with the phenomena. Take a look at this;

Taos Hum

Its not a new thing, but no one is sure what it is at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
heh, as crazy as that all sounds, i understand it and have to agree, there's no real way of telling. It's very possible you could be sensitive to certain frequencies, but unlikely. Even so, Tinnitus is a "subjective disease" whatever that means. The human body is still a very big mystery.

Anyone who has ever hurt their back knows this.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Exactly neformore and thank you for the site, all my symptoms are there including most importantly the night time most sensitive moment, maybe I dont have Tinnitus because as I said it started in Dec last year and it was an immediate pain and before long I was losing sleep. This site is great and tell me you live in Yorkshire, do you know any Casey's in the area, ancient friends of mine, thanks for your response, gwhint

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here you go:

1. when specifying remote,how far from the nearest house/cabin/structure?

No far, maybe a couple of miles, but it was a little cabin

2. how far from the nearest power lines?

Miles, maybe 5 or 6

3. weather conditions and season?

Calm, clear and late summer

4.distance from a paved highway?

A few miles

On the subject of tinnitus, I would say no in my case since my friend heard it too.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Recently there was a mystery noise in Kokomo, IN

query.nytimes.com...

RR

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Today seems to be particularly annoying on my left ear, anyone else having the same problems, why today,
gwhint

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have "ringing" in my right ear almost constantly. It started about 8 years ago when I first began studying varied religions. The intensity depends on location and activity it seems. But I not only hear ringing, I hear everything from people talking, music, to high then low, and either very distant (faint) or so loud that I cant hear myself talk. Sometimes I hear nothing at all. Sometimes I hear multiple sounds (like right now).

I have been to 5 doctors all of which state I must have damaged my ear some how by loud music or a virus. I have been to two concerts in all my life and have never had a horrendous cold of flu that made me unable to work.

The last two doctors measured my loss of hearing at 70% but at times I can hear quite well. (in just the one ear the other is fine) The last doctor did all these little tests and exclaimed there is definately something going on in there and he was sure to get to the bottom of it. He seemed very concerned and quite adamant. For the first time I was hopeful the trouble might be located. So, at his request, i had a MRI done. When the tests came back he said... There's nothing wrong, the tests look good, you must have damaged your nerves from a virus of some sort. And that was it. Very discouraging.

I try not to talk back to the voices - dont want anyone to commit me yet - lol

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
probably my wife. her high pitched whine can be heard for miles.

tinitus is not really a whine, more of a buzzing.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I used to live in a house that had some thick wood behind it. Lots of animals living back there. I heard numerious disturbing sounds - high pictched whines and other noises.

In fact, one night I called 911 because it sounded like a girl was being tortured/murdered. I was so freaked out and quite upset.

Later I found out it was the animals mating. Specifically the fox.

Nice.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I'm trying to tune her out - she complains alot about you - lol

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

if she wasn't complaining about me, there'd be no whine. so is my life

on the plus side, we don't have any issue with varmin, dangerous dogs or annoying insects.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join