It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Missing Florida Girl's Body Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Carlie Brucia, the 11 year old Florida girl whose abduction on Sunday was caught on closed circuit TV, has been found dead in Sarasota, FL.

CNN TV is reporting the young girl's body was just found behind a church near I-75.
Because of the closed circuit camera, 37 year old suspect Joseph Smith was identified and arrested on Wednesday.
Charges have not yet been filed.
Details are still developing . . .

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Condolence's to her family, i hope he fries.

ive been following the story on Fox news and cnn (it wasnt covered in the aus media) at the very least the family will have closure (the atleast have the body, unlike some missing persons) and revenge when he goes to jail.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Press conference right now.

Carlie's body is confirmed found.
Joseph P. Smith is under arrest for the murder of Carlie Bruchia.

They will hold another press conference at 8:10am EST.

Rest her soul.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It's too bad the old English practice of draw & quartering is not practiced for murderous sex offenders.
A gas chamber, lethal injection or even the electric chair are too humane for a beast that does this sort of thing...

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is so sad. I was so hoping that they would find her. Bless her sweet heart and her parents. I can't bear to think what they are going through.

This story and a local story that has taken place this past week has really been upsetting to me. I don't know if you guys know about the retired TCU teacher that was kidnapped near Ft. Worth, TX and then found dead here in Oklahoma, but it was very upsetting. A couple of worthless white trash (EDIT: oops, actually one white trash, one black trash) druggies killed her for her car and few bucks they racked up on her credit card.

Oh for vigilantes....I swear. They have their place.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have two girls of my own and I still can't fathom the pain that her parents are experiencing.

All I know is if someone killed one of my kids I would kill whoever did it with my bare hands. The guy that did this should experience a very slow and painful death. Too bad we outlawed cruel and unusual punishment.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I too was following this story. I was praying that she be found alive but had a terrible feeling when that disgusting suspect was found. A poor innocent young girl lost to this ever increasing violent and despicable world.

At least now she has peace. I pray that her family will be ok. Such a sad thing. I hope that the reality of what he has done haunts him until the day he dies. How can someone hurt such an innocent girl??

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Just an attempt to remember who was important in this story:

Carla Brucia - stolen from humanity in 2004.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
this is such a tragic story. This past week has been really bad in florida with these incidents involving children. It so frightening being a parent in these times.

What get me even more pissed, is that this (f*ing sob) Smith had 3 daughters of his own.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I was out for breakfast when I saw the news...Absolutely horrible. Her mother was just on yesterday begging for her daughter's return home.
What is this world coming to.... I agree with whoever said he should die a slow and painful death, that guy also deserves a hardcore ass reeming.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Don't worry guys, the prison population, DOES NOT like people that molest and kill children.
He will pay SEVERAL times over when in prison, before they have to put him in solitary for his own "protection"
and then

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This makes me so mad at that man, i cant even express it. I hope it hurts him so bad when they inject him with that needle. And I hope when he dies, he burns in the pits of hell, screaming for mercy. He, as are other murderers, are a disgrace to humanity. So are child molestors.

new topics

top topics

join