It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Live from New York............its GLOBAL COOLING.

As I sit here at my office in NY City I look outside and its snowing...again. Thats the 4th day this December. Its only December 7th!!!! When I went outside for lunch, it was right at, or just above freezing. Thats the fifth straight day of such temperatures. Now I don't about where everyone else is, but this is not NORMAL weather for NY City. I have lived all 36 years of my life here in NY and I can not remember a December where we have had a stretch like this. Granted we have only had 1 measurable snow fall so far (I live on Long Island and had a few inches over the weekend), the rest have been dustings.

Sounds like Global warming is in for a battle this year, and I will be leading the charge.

Long live the cycles of global warming and global cooling. Otherwise known as WEATHER!!!!!!!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The snows have come early this year, but it's due to the latest La Nina event.

The big concern this winter may be the persistence of drought across large parts of the already parched South. And while December through February is likely to be another milder-than-average winter for much of the country, people should still expect some bouts of winter weather

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

The North American continent isn't the entire earth, though, so comparing the weather in the northern parts of North America to the Global Warming issue is a bit of a stretch, imo.

fixed BB Code

[edit on 7/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

My point here is so many people relate global warming to their environment. Increased storms in Florida......global warming.

Record cold in Japan last year with record snows. Must be due to climate change caused by Global warming.

Some day everyone and their mother will wake up to the fact that Global Warming is the biggest scam to ever be put over on the people of this wonderfully dynamic planet. Dynamic in meaning, seasons change, weather patterns change. The earth cools and heats itself. Man is not resonsible for climate change, global warming or the global cooling we are having today in NY.

its the biggest scam since the Y2K bust. Working on Wall Street during that whole fiasco I could tell you a thing or two about how, why and who profited from that.

Carbon credits....a joke. Just a NEW commodity to be traded on exchanges for profit. Please, the only answer for climate change is wait a while. Whether and its patters change, they have for ever and will continue to do so, unless we continue to let the govenments play GOD and attempt to chagne the weather.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
The snows have come early this year, but it's due to the latest La Nina event.

The latest La Nina event. So you will admit that there is a pattern there? It comes and it goes. Can it be predicted? You bet it can.

WHY???

CYCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A little early in the season to base anything on, wouldn't you think? What about last year?

www.cbc.ca...

This was reported in March 2006. Last winter was likewise late to come and early to leave.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I hear ya, Infact I think when you say weather what you mean is regular Seasonal Changes. I have only been alive for 20 years but from what I remember some years back they called global Warming "El Nino" and global Cooling "La Nina" then when they decided to fire the latino working in the research center they came up with Global warming, and global cooling.

Welcome to earth, Population 3Billion and growing, here you will find 4 seasons and the occasionally "Unusual" Storm. Enjoy your stay, if you need anything please don't bother asking me.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by parry noid

Big differences between el Nino and la Nina. not just in relations to heating and cooling. Ocean currents are effected, which effect the weather which effects the climate, which in turns effects the ocean currents.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't really feel like going into to much detail, I have to get ready to battle the Long Island Rail Road. But, as both phenomons are fairly predictable, it just go to say that climate change in more cyclical than something we effect, can control or can fix.

Global Warming is cycles.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
it just go to say that climate change in more cyclical than something we effect, can control or can fix.

Effect or control? Of course we do. You could put a toy sailboat on a lake and it will move but you can also push it and make it go faster. That's what we're doing with GW. It may go in cycles but we're doing our damnedest to help it along.

Fix it? Maybe, maybe not but we could and should do what we can to not add to the situation.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If you believe the scam of global warming, then yes we can effect it. If you believe in the cyclicality of it all. you understand that we have no effect on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Dude, I live in the Great White North and our summers are brutally hot, our winters are killing the skiing industry. All I have to do is go outside to see global warming. Btw, cycles happen in centuries, millenia, not years or decades.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

I totally agree. Global Warming is the new El Nino. Remember when every rainstorm was because of El Nino for a while?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I cannot believe the ignorance of people who are ready to decry the science of global warming whenever they get a few cool "goose bumps." Its about climate change, and this predicts highly variable and unpredictable weather. 1000's of the worlds top scientists are now in complete agreement that climate change is real AND IS MAINLY BEING CAUSED BY MAN (this time around).

It is easy to track the most recent changes to the industrialization era, and since that time we have increased CO2 by around 30%...and CO2 is a greehouse gas... and greenhouse gases reflect solar energy back to the earth... and duh!...what about this don't people get??

Folks that still will not believe what the scientists are saying are "flat earthers" and should also argue with their doctors, chemists, biologists, and all other scientists. Quite believing what Rush Limbaugh, Michael Crichton, Shawn Hannity, and fox news claims to know about this subject and START LISTENING TO WHAT THE PEOPLE WHO STUDY THIS DAILY are saying!

[edit on 7-12-2007 by whatsup]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
thanks for that convincing rebuttal and explanation. I prefer the James Lovelock - Ages of Gaia theory over any of that. According to "science" (that term is a joke in this context) our earth should have died out many times over by now.

How about putting more focus into specific problems, instead of these fabricated abstract concepts like 'global warming.'

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
How about putting more focus into specific problems, instead of these fabricated abstract concepts like 'global warming.'

May I ask why you say they are "fabricated"?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
The North American continent isn't the entire earth, though, so comparing the weather in the northern parts of North America to the Global Warming issue is a bit of a stretch, imo.

It isn't just North America. The southern hemisphere has been cooler as well. Global temperatures have been trending flat to down. 2007 looks to be like 2006. Perhaps slightly cooler. 2008 will start with a la nina where 2007 started with an el nino. So 2008 will likely be cooler than 2007. It is part of an overall downward trend since 1998.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by scientist

May I ask why you say they are "fabricated"?

It's a play on words. Instead of saying "pollution" which is something tangible and addressable, they come up with something far more vast and abstract, like 'global warming." What is that exactly? A process? A result? A theory? It's an abstract concept, that was created, or fabricated, to divert attention from taking any real action.

It's like the war on drugs, or the war on terrorism. now it's the war on global warming.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I guess NASA is part of the evil plot to push forward the Global Warming agenda.

Global Annual Mean Surface Air Temperature Change

Annual Mean Temperature Change for Three Latitude Bands

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Fixed link

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
how about this graph

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Got a link for that, scientist?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Global Warming is a fact, but what's causing it, and how severe the warming is and will become is up for debate... I'm no expert on the subject but I find the idea that Carbon Dioxide is the cause to be ludicrous. CO2 is essential to life on this planet, its what plants turn into oxygen, so how can it be leading us toward catastrophe? Sounds like a gimmick to charge somebody money and make obscene profits on a theory not soundly agreed upon... I think media attention and cartoonish films like The Day After Tomorrow have caused an air of fear about Global Warming when the temperature isn't rushing up, as far as I know not a single person has died from Global Warming so where's the fire? Seems like a gradual rise in temperature is all it is, and Earth has had tons of those cycles, everything from Tropical Pangean jungles teeming with dinosaurs to massive ice sheets during the ice age...

I'll admit that pollution is bad and that human beings need to develop more respect for nature or it might bite back, but Global Warming is seriously over-hyped

Now I may be wrong, but one thing is for certain, charging money, and living in fear that Global Warming is going to kill us all, is not going to help solve the issue...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join