It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For What It's Worth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Recently the news has been focusing on the surge and it's seeming effectiveness. Deaths of US soldiers, as well as, deaths of Iraqi citizens have dropped off.
But I ask myself what's the real story. Remember all the death squads in South American that Negroponte

www.sourcewatch.org...

was key in organizing and how they were trained at the School of America at Fort Benning in Georgia. www.soaw.org... Remember Operation Phoenix in Vietnam?

www.serendipity.li/cia/operation_phoenix.htm

Could it be that the American trained Iraqi police force was carrying out the torture and killing of their opponents indiscrimanitly. So that in fact the insurgent/islamofascist/terrorist/extremists were not completely to blame fro the deaths of citizens. There were account of American and British troops dressed in Arab garb, as well, for unknown but curious purposes.

newsmine.org...

Perhaps the surge has just quelled the religous animosity by making it more difficult for the "police" to carry out their dirty work.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by polanksi]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Interesting thought... This reminds me of when Paul Bremer disbanded the Iraqi army, I love how these kind of things are always 'mistakes'. But the more evil idea is that they intentionally wanted chaos there.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think it may have more to do with the fact that the Ethnic cleansing is working. With over 1 million dead Iraqis and some 2 million refugees, the decrease in violence might be due to the fact that the people someone wants to kill or blow up are already killed, blown-up, or run away.

We also must bear in mind that 2007 has been the most violent year in Iraq so far. So if the violence increases to it's highest point ever AFTER the troop surge begins and then decreases ALMOST to the level that violence was at before the surge, can you really say that the troop surge is working? Or that the level of violence was raised to a level unsustainable without the use of non-conventional weapons and died down due to the laws of diminishing returns only to return to a level that is still considerably higher then what anyone living in the middle of that hell could ever possibly want it to be to begin with?

1 million dead, 2 million + refugees. Some say as many as 4 million.

This amounts to roughly 5% of the pre-war population of 20,000,000 and does not take into account injuries. The refugee count is estimated at 2,000,000. This would be the equivolent of 15,123,950 American citizens dead plus over 30,247,900 refugees and excluding any injured when transferred as direct percentages. The dead would equal the entire population of Montana, Deleware, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Utah, and Idaho combined. Oh, you would also have to make every citizen of the state of California into a refugee and send them to Canada or Mexico. Try to put all this into a mental picture and imagine what exactly the implications are.

(mods pls note. Copy and paste from my own blog)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Agreed, but who is responsible for the ethnic cleansing? Is it just disorganized random violence or has the US and it's Iraqi minions carried out a sytematic plan?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by polanksi

I think it has been a little of both. We must bear in mind that in the last 2 years forces on all sides have been armed by the US government, both to fight each other and the US. When viewing the occupation as a whole and taking in to account the many times CIA and MI5 have been caught executing terror attacks to incite continued violence we must place the blame where it lies. Sure, it may not have always been a US soldier otr contractor pulling the trigger every time, but when the Fedgov is the one supllying over 100,000 AK-47's that go "unaccounted" and it is found that %40+ of the IED's used in the last 2 years have been made out of US or allied components it starts to lean the needle of blame in one direction.

If someone takers the top off of boiling water and it over flows and goes everywhere, do you blame the person who took the top off? Or the boiling water?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The relatively recent formation of neighborhood watches (Iraqi style, armed with PKMs) may contribute, albeit a small amount. People are getting tired of the violence, and individual neighborhoods are arming themselves to provide their own security. Remarkably, these groups are actually going out on patrols with the US military.

new topics

top topics

join