It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your child a student or citizen of their school?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Being a parent take you to a different existence. For example, the arguments here, if you felt one way or another, it wouldn't matter, if you were a parent you would not be swayed, you would do what you thought was right for your kids.. Your kids come first.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Being a parent take you to a different existence. For example, the arguments here, if you felt one way or another, it wouldn't matter, if you were a parent you would not be swayed, you would do what you thought was right for your kids.. Your kids come first.

I agree, your kids come first, no matter what...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
While your child or yourself for that matter may be a "citizen" of the Country, I find it a bit "Orwellian" to refer to "Students", especially elementary or middle shcool age levels, as "Citizens" as if they somehow belong to some Government Establishment as property.(Which in fact we pretty much are nowadays although most people aren't aware of it. Keep reading to see what I'm talking about...)

�U.S. citizen� (Chattel Property of the government) are belligerents in the field and are �subject to its jurisdiction� (Washington, D.C.)

14th Amendment citizens, implemented by the Civil Rights Act of 1866 for the newly freed slaves (are now the slaves of the corporate government plantation)
(See 8 U.S.C. 1401(a)

"U.S. citizens" were declared enemies of the U.S. by F.D.R. by Executive Order No. 2040 and ratified by Congress on March 9, 1933.
FDR changed the meaning of The Trading with the Enemy Act of December 6, 1917 by changing the word "without" to citizens "within" the United States.

Are you one of the People of the United States, as contemplated by the U.S. Constitution Preamble? Or, are you one of the citizens of the United States, as defined in the U.S. Constitution 14th Amendment?

If you are one of the People of the United States, then all ten amendments are available to you. You have Natural Rights.
If you are a Citizen of the United States, then you have Civil Rights [properly called civil privileges].

Rights are yours forever and can NEVER be taken away.
Privileges are Given to You & Taken Away from You by the Government as They see fit.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That is why we have been able to continue compared to the tiger, which is fighting exstinction. Well we might have something to do with that.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would never polute my car with a ridiculous bumper sticker anyway[my car is way to nice for sticky crap on it]...but it does seem like conditioning to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Is this not the 21st century? C'mon. If anyones liberties were being offended I'm sure Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings or Jerry Springer would air that.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
McGott...

Are you a parent ?

As far as I'm concerned, the sticker mentioned means...

"My child is an outstanding citizen ( of whatever country ) at ... elementary school".

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

I think its stupid. I dont get why parents see the need to promote their children's minor shcolastic achievements in their car, or what shcool they go to. Its tacky.

If they want to do that, then thats their choice. Whose to decide whats tacky and whats not?

I said its tacky to me. I dont give a rats ass if other people want to do it. Its a free country.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda
I don't know if you're a parent, but I am...

It's like this, your child comes home very proud of this achievement, and says " Daddy (or Mommy) look at what I did, can we put it on the car ?

Now, what are you going to say...

" No it's too tacky, and I'm not going to put it on my car "

This will show your child that you don't care for the child's achievement, just how it looks on the car...

Or will you say

" Sure honey, lets go put it on now ( or later ) "

This shows that you too are proud of your child's achievement, and it does show them that you are proud of what they do...

No matter how minor...

No Im not a parent. I would hope any son/daughter I have knows that im proud of them no matter what. I would teach them to be humble. I dont see them having the need to brag to other people what they did. I hate when people do that.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boombye
Citizenship is for going to school ON TIME EVERYDAY AND NOT MISSING A DAY

Get with the program boombye, this is NOT called "citizenship!" When a student goes to school on time everyday and not misses a day is called perfect attendance. There is a separate award given at the end of each school year for this.

The Citizenship Award is awarded to those whom possess the qualities that represent what is considered to be a model student. Those who are kind, caring, and polite to their peers, those who do not snob their noses at others, those who always follow the rules set forth at their schools, those who show no favoritism to a certain group a �cool� kids, etc.

As for the �My child is a model citizen at XYZ School� bumper stickers are given to those students who meet the above criteria and it is also a means of promoting ownership of their school, and as a means to showing pride in their school.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Bushed]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think SOME of you are missing the point....student..citizen-nurse..citizen-doctor..citizen-teacher..citizen-lawyer..citizen-busdriver..citizen ect. ect.
the 'individual' is being taken out of the equation. it is the gentle (with a sledgehammer effect) beginings of taking the you out of you. there is no 'you', 'individual'..you are now a citizen with no individualism. 'you' are now recorgnized as a subject owing loyalty to the state..not a person. 'you' want to be a good citizen, don't you? the 'citizen' connotation is subtle but goes very deep. boy, is the u.s. in trouble..............

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That gives them perfect indivualism. They accomplished something. Here are some more English words you may want to ignore. Integrity, honesty, etc..

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda
McGott...

Are you a parent ?

As far as I'm concerned, the sticker mentioned means...

"My child is an outstanding citizen ( of whatever country ) at ... elementary school".

no im not a parent,dont want to be one yet either as im not financially ready for one because im trying to be ressponsible and give my future children a great life...but even if i was the as proud of my kids as i possibly could be...I would never disgrace my beautiful car with bumper stickers...Actually..I tell my kids to be warry of acceptance from school administrators or anybody willing to tell them that because they did what the where told exactly,that then and only then will they be considered a good citizen by officals...I personally think that schools could never possibly have a CLUE as to which students were good citizens[as in "real good citizens..good morals,compasion ect]....schools are a joke..they are set up more like prisons than anything.Schools are a joke IMO...truly not working very good and promoting children that faithfully follow the rules regardless of the rules being wrong or right...more of a survival of the fittest mentality...home school is always the best option is you can manage...it can take years for a child to wash the garbage feed to them by public shools out of their brain..

lol..I guess i wrote more then I meant..I felt like going on too...as you may be able to tell...I HATE american public schools!!!..

if anybody want s to disagree i would be more than happy to continue this discussion on the absolute crappiness of our schools and thier only purpose is to make happy little worker bees for the corporations..and if you dont go along with the program..guess what. they eventually will find a way to outcast you...believe that.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That gives them perfect indivualism. They accomplished something. Here are some more English words you may want to ignore. Integrity, honesty, etc..

schools have almost absolutly no way to judge a person other than their appearence and family back round......Intergrity,honesty,compasion,courage..ect...are not on the schools administrators radar as far as I have seen..things like that are only appearent to those who know the individual on a deeply personal basis...schools only look for future happy worker bees that dont ask questions and do exactly as they are told..thats all there is to it,do what we tell you and maybe well give you a sticker..Hurray..I knew not thinking for myself would help out in the long run!!!Look I got a sticker!!but lost my soul

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hey McGotti...

Not 100% sure I understand your post...

no im not a parent,dont want to be one yet either as im not financially ready for one because im trying to be ressponsible and give my future children a great life...but even if i was the as proud of my kids as i possibly could be...I would never disgrace my beautiful car with bumper stickers

I understand that, I thought the same, but once you get that little child in your arms, dude...YOU WILL THINK DIFFERENT...

Believe me...I didn't have a car I had a truck ( A 4x4 ), this 4x4 was one in a million I gave it up for my kid...

And youwill too, if you have a kid...

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Yoda]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They could just tell the truth and say:

"My child is an outstanding future corporate drone at XXX High"

"Soylent Green is My Honor Roller"

"XXX High: Would you like fries with that?"

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClownius
They could just tell the truth and say:

"My child is an outstanding future corporate drone at XXX High"

Simply stunning.

I thought I was the only person on this planet to comprehend
�that this is what school is actually intended to achieve.
[Drats! Now I need to come up with a new top-secret observation I can cherish]

I am impressed by your bravery in expressing this.

But you really shouldn't waste time and effort fighting the system.

You can't win - they are organized.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
Parents have been sticking various versions of "My child is an outstanding student at ..." on their cars for a long time now. Recently, in my town, I have noticed that instead of calling school children "students" on these bumper stickers, they say, "My child is an outstanding citizen at ... elementary school".

Does this seem wrong or disturbing to anyone else? Is this happening anywhere else?

You know what this is about don't you?

The masons and global controllers like the communists want to liberate your children from their parents so they can more easily brain wash them.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushed

Originally posted by boombye
Citizenship is for going to school ON TIME EVERYDAY AND NOT MISSING A DAY

Get with the program boombye, this is NOT called "citizenship!" When a student goes to school on time everyday and not misses a day is called perfect attendance. There is a separate award given at the end of each school year for this.

The Citizenship Award is awarded to those whom possess the qualities that represent what is considered to be a model student. Those who are kind, caring, and polite to their peers, those who do not snob their noses at others, those who always follow the rules set forth at their schools, those who show no favoritism to a certain group a �cool� kids, etc.

As for the �My child is a model citizen at XYZ School� bumper stickers are given to those students who meet the above criteria and it is also a means of promoting ownership of their school, and as a means to showing pride in their school.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Bushed]

The price is WRONG. citizenship awards are given out to those who 'rub' the teachers the right way. the quiet members of the flock so to speak. teaching is no longer teaching, its a union. so 'get with the picture' and look at the 'big picture'. maybe youll notice too that the school systems of this country are not only #pisspoor, but theyre also a widescale leftist human conditioning program. 1984, coming soon in 2004.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
foresaken,

well put man, well put!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join