It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF to show US nuclear data on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Please enlighten us by naming all these countries whos assets we have obtained and installed puppet governments.

ok, i'll bite.
lets start with Iraq (twice), and afghanistan, then we'll move to Iran in the 50's and Chile...etc.
in iraq the game was oil, in afghanistan the game was poppies and oil pipes, in iran the game was oil, in chile the game was copper.
i can go on but you will either not believe me or argue some more, i suggest you do some searches on the little bit of info i've given.
its not some conspiracy theory, there are released cia documents, books on these subjects, have a look.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
and you would know beyond a reasonable doubt that they have a nuke program how?

Its called simple deduction. Why would Iran spend the hefty costs of trying to only gain nuclear power? The most cost effective method would be for Iran to just build more refineries. Presently, they have the oil but not the refineries. So, the simplest and logical conclusion is that they are attempting to gain nuclear weapons.

It makes sense for Iran to spend money on nuclear power stations. It makes no sense to spend lots of money on uranium enrichment when they could buy reactor fuel or even the enrichment service freely, and openly on the open market under IAEA supervision.

There is also fuel fabrication technology (zirconium, etc) necessary for use in reactors and there is no evidence I know of that they are investing in the logical step for a power program.

They will be producing "reactor fuel" which will have no useful use for decades. The only plant under construction (Russian built) will have Russian supplied fuel.

They already have lots of natural gas and oil wells where the gas is literally burnt off in the atmosphere because they don't have the pipelines to take it and use it. That investment woudl be much more sensible economically: burn gas at home for power and export oil for cash is the clear business choice.

I believe they want to have an "almost" nuclear weapons capability, so that they could be at the edge and effectively threaten to Get The Bomb and enjoy the strategic benefits thereof (maintenance of the un-democratic fundamentalist regime) without actually having to Get The Bomb For Sure and deal with that consequence.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
As an NPT signatory Iran are perfectly allowed to nerich uranium to 3% for fuel for power stations , and run them (you know israel has never signed the NPT and the reactor at Dimona is actually leaking)

they are allowed to do this - the USA and Israel don`t want them to.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid

Please enlighten us by naming all these countries whos assets we have obtained and installed puppet governments.

ok, i'll bite.
lets start with Iraq (twice), and afghanistan

Ok, stop right there!
We have not obtained any assets from either of these countries nor has the U.S. installed a U.S. government.
Please tell me what assets we have taken in Iraq and A-stan?
You do realize the U.S. is going to pull out once things stabilize in Iraq right?
You do realize the U.S. is not there to take over their land permanently right?
Just like in past wars, Japan & Germany ring a bell, we will leave once things calm down and allow them to continue down their own path.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Ok, stop right there!
We have not obtained any assets from either of these countries nor has the U.S. installed a U.S. government.

oh really? ...well we're working on it, have a look.

Western companies may get 75% of Iraqi oil profits

A draft of this controversial law, which the U.S. government has been helping to craft and has been seen by the Independent, would give oil giants such as BP PLC (BP), Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSA) and ExxonMobil Corp. (XOM) 30-year contracts to extract Iraqi crude and let these foreign oil companies undertake their first large-scale operations in the country since the industry was nationalized in 1972.
Oil industry executives and analysts say the law, which would allow Western companies to pocket up to three-quarters of profits in the early years, is the only way to get Iraq's oil industry back on its feet after years of sanctions, war and loss of expertise

www.marketwatch.com...

and well im sure this is an accident..

Opium production in Afghanistan, which provides more than 90 percent of the world's heroin, broke all records in 2006, reaching a historic high
---
In addition to a 26 percent production increase over past year -- for a total of 5,644 metric tons -- the amount of land under cultivation in opium poppies grew by 61 percent. Cultivation in the two main production provinces, Helmand in the southwest and Oruzgan in central Afghanistan, was up by 132 percent.

---
Opium cultivation was outlawed during Taliban rule in the late 1990s and was nearly eliminated by 2001. After the overthrow of the Taliban government by U.S. forces in the fall of that year, the Bush administration said that keeping a lid on production was among its highest priorities. But corruption and alliances formed by Washington and the Afghan government with anti-Taliban tribal chieftains, some of whom are believed to be deeply involved in the trade, undercut the effort.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Bush administration has decided not to destroy the opium crop in Afghanistan. President Bush, who previously linked the Afghan drug trade directly to terrorism, has now decided not to destroy the Afghan opium crop.

The CIA decision not to stop the Afghan opium production has been greeted silently by U.S. allies. According to intelligence sources, both the U.K. and French governments have quietly given their approval of the American policy by not acting in accordance with the U.N. global ban on opium traffic.

However, one foreign intelligence official was quick to point out that the CIA has a history of supporting international drug trafficking.

archive.newsmax.com...

and im sure it was mere hapenstance that Hamid Karzai an old oil worker was "elected" to be president of afghanistan

You do realize the U.S. is going to pull out once things stabilize in Iraq right?

i realize, that SOME will be pulled out, some however will be rotated into iraq for decades..

U.S. spending billions on 'enduring bases' in Iraq

The head of a conservative civil liberties organization says despite the talk about withdrawing U.S. combat troops from Iraq, the United States government has spent billions of dollars for a long-term stay there.
---
"The point is that people don't realize that we have these huge bases that have Burger Kings, Pizza Huts, car dealerships, biker trails, and all that," the head of the Rutherford Institute contends. "I mean, these are mega-cities here, and the average American doesn't know these things exist," he says

And im sure this multi-million dollar embassy will be dismantled as soon as we pull out

In the chaos of Iraq, one project is on target: a giant US embassy

THE question puzzles and enrages a city: how is it that the Americans cannot keep the electricity running in Baghdad for more than a couple of hours a day, yet still manage to build themselves the biggest embassy on Earth?

Irritation grows as residents deprived of air-conditioning and running water three years after the US-led invasion watch the massive US Embassy they call “George W’s palace” rising from the banks of the Tigris
----

Looming over the skyline, the embassy has the distinction of being the only big US building project in Iraq that is on time and within budget.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

(reports say that this embassy will be visible from space.)

You do realize the U.S. is not there to take over their land permanently right?
Just like in past wars, Japan & Germany ring a bell, we will leave once things calm down and allow them to continue down their own path.

need i remind you that we STILL have soldiers and bases in Germany and Japan?
and according to this..en.wikipedia.org...
Germany and Japan have THE MOST us soldiers stationed in their country.
right behind south korea.. when did the korean war end again? according to my math 54 years ago..

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Great post Turbokid.

BTW, an aside to your info on the US Embassy. It is evidently being built by a Kuwaiti firm that kidnaps their labor force. This has been reported to congress as well. There's a thread with news source on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

thanks for the link.

i know i wont change his mind but at least i tried

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join