It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army's $200 billion makeover, largest war machine EVER

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Most US overseas bases are present with the uncoerced approval and support of the host govts.

to this i would ask, do they really have a choice? given the history of overthrowing leaders who dont agree with the "interests" of the US.

Iraq? The Iraq govt definitely wants US forces there.

yes, but one could argue that the "new" government of iraq is a puppet government. What do you think would have happened if the iraqi's voted for a bunch of extremists for their leaders? The government leaders in iraq are the government leaders WE want in iraq, so of course they want us there, because we want to be there. Bremer even said "it would be like running a colony"

This is just my opinion of course but i belive what we are witnessing is modern day imperialism. We just do it in a slightly different way than say the Romans, or the British Empire, but the end goal is still the same. The use of the local resources, and deals with major corporations. often under the banner of spreading "freedom" or "democracy." however, more often than not the leaders we overthrow were democratically elected, and the leaders we put in charge, (who will do business with us) is a violent dictator.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by Rilence

Rilence I agree with everything you said. Everything.

The U.S. already lost the war with China (next year) and Taiwan is a goner by 2009.

Several of the posters on this thread, among others, are those who, if they don't have an immediate enemy will fabricate one.

Our leaders (U.S.) are insane with power, death and destruction.

Thanks for your thoughts. It is, indeed sad. At least someone out there is thinking.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Rilence, I totally agree. Completely.

I live in the United States of Australia and I'm disgusted that our troops are participating in the offensive campaign in the Middle East to perpetuate the supply of oil and opium for US interests.

It's depressing to read how some warmongers want to rattle their sabres, even in this thread. Some seem like juvenile, barbaric human beings who are bent on ego trips and violence. Violence breeds violence and it really shows.

Screw this world, I think that I'd rather live on the Moon or Mars, especially if they have breathable atmospheres!!!

[edit on 8-12-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Every thread here that has to do with the US is a bash the US thread. I can only hope those that hate the US don't come and ask for help when they get over run by the enemy. We helped twice last century and it's forgotten... As usual...

Let the terror machine continue but let it continue in Europe and the rest of the world. We will improve our defensive and offensive weapons and you left wing whackos can keep passing laws to make it easier for terrorists to enter, undermine and take over your countries. Those that are here shame on you...

What you don't understand is that the rest of the world can't live a normal life without the US surviving. Again, that was proven last century as well. If we fall do you think China and Russia will contain their thirst for domination? Do you think the ever loving Allah hordes will contain their thirst for conversion of your little countries? You think we are bad? Just wait and see what those ruthless hordes and countries do to your world...

Keep it up folks and you will get what you are asking for whether you know what you’re asking for or not. You love to hate us until you are in a camp and your family is being beheaded or shot in the name of the "State" or Allah or some other swine justice...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Thank you for writing that. I agree with you completely on those issues.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
The automation and reliance on computerized everything could also hurt the military. A few EMP blasts near a battlefield would eliminate any advantage derived from this technology.

The US military infrastructure is EMP hardened. This newer tech will be EMP hardened. They are called fiber optics.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Every thread here that has to do with the US is a bash the US thread. I can only hope those that hate the US don't come and ask for help when they get over run by the enemy. We helped twice last century and it's forgotten... As usual...

Let the terror machine continue but let it continue in Europe and the rest of the world. We will improve our defensive and offensive weapons and you left wing whackos can keep passing laws to make it easier for terrorists to enter, undermine and take over your countries. Those that are here shame on you...

What you don't understand is that the rest of the world can't live a normal life without the US surviving. Again, that was proven last century as well. If we fall do you think China and Russia will contain their thirst for domination? Do you think the ever loving Allah hordes will contain their thirst for conversion of your little countries? You think we are bad? Just wait and see what those ruthless hordes and countries do to your world...

Keep it up folks and you will get what you are asking for whether you know what you’re asking for or not. You love to hate us until you are in a camp and your family is being beheaded or shot in the name of the "State" or Allah or some other swine justice...

Yea. Ya know. I really do not understand. People seem to forget that the US is responsible for their little "Utopia" that they are used to living in today...Just maybe, some day theyll be right...(about the US collapse which has been rumored since america became the supreme nation) only to find out that they were wrong.

look, Im not saying things are great under the US. America does its bossing around thing and pretty much does what it wants. But the US does provide its allies with the most formidable force field of protection. So maybe in americas defense, they view this as their payoff? Maybe the US response is somthing like this "We protect you, we do what we want." My response to europe..get off your lazy asses and show the US that you can competently protect yourselfs..

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
reply to post by ModernAcademia

A simple question comes to mind after reading those five pages...

Why is the US hellbent on investing precious dollars that could do its citizens good, on some "imagined" enemy somewhere in the aether ?

Total technological global domination:
video.google.com...
Be sure to read the the linked in resource page!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The project involves creating a family of 14 weapons, drones, robots, sensors and hybrid-electric combat vehicles connected by a wireless network.

A wireless network? How long do you think it would take a hacker to take control over said wireless network? I have read more than once articles about governments hiring hackers. I don't care how secure they think it is, they can and will find a way.

Btw, does this sound like Skynet to anyone else??

~odievk

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by odievk

Btw, does this sound like Skynet to anyone else??

~odievk

haha thats what i was thinking

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Almost every news is let's bash other countries.
Ask for help? You mean like from the IMF or the World Bank?
Run over by the enemy? You tell me... who is the enemy?

We will improve our defensive and offensive weapons and you left wing whackos can keep passing laws to make it easier for terrorists to enter, undermine and take over your countries. Those that are here shame on you...

It's not defensive weapons, it's offensive weapons.
Invasion of Iraq was unconstitutional and offensive........ for oil!

Terroists to enter? Every retired U.S. general have something that sounded like "we shouldn't be over there", or "what we have learned is that sometimes when you bomb innocents their relatives get angry".

If you are one of those that believe they hate you for your freedom then shame on you.

Okay so let's "assume" that China and Russia would invade everyone, so this is just let's do it before they do it logic?

Just look what America is doing to our world?
America... the biggest arms dealer on the planet.

Allah loving hordes? You mean the same terroists who are getting their weapons from America?

Media-induced racism is what I call your statement.

I don't love to hate anyone, look at your statement, you are the one who is in love with hatred!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by odievk

Sounds like GIG (dod's Global Information Grid) to me.. already up and operating a hybrid and Isolated internet including satellites designed at least partly at DARPA to take place of the aging systems that were once fully in place but now 3/4 of the way if not completely replaced..

at any rate I don't have much more info than that but you could always look up
the GIG and DISA or AutoVON or AutoDIN I don't remember what order these acutally came in but believe it was Autovon autodin DMS (defense message system) and the GIG (global information grid)

any way have fun

Respectfully
GEO

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join