It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Sigh* I REALLY Hate the Mainstream Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
On very rare occasion this morning, my television is currently turned on.

The first thing I hear is:

"Stay tuned for the miraculous story of one of the victims of the Omaha Mall Massacre. When we come back, we'll bring you the story of his dying on the operating room table and the amazing surgeon that brought him back from the dead."

Don't get me wrong, I certainly feel the situation in Omaha IS newsworthy, however, this OVER sensationalism during times like this is freaking pathetic!

What happened in Omaha was a TRAGEDY! But, to the MSM it's nothing but another story that equals RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS!! At least, they seem to feel, if they can give it as much of a sensational spin as possible.

Possibly the WORST part of the whole deal is the faux caring faces these pieces of crap anchorpeople smear on as soon as they start talking about the story.

I'm sorry but when they are laughing their asses off then cut to the story with a fake face full of pain then straight back to laughter, I would say that they don't REALLY care too awful much.

While it is really NOT their job to care, is there anything wrong with a bit of REAL compassion and caring from these pieces of garbage?

Am I the only one that remembers instances of journalists back in the day REALLY breaking down on the air while reporting these stories? While I can't recall specifics, I definitely remember achor people breaking down so badly as to have the piece prolonged almost indefinitely because they couldn't finish the story.

Where did THOSE journalists go?

I swear, I'm beginning to think these damn anchorpeople and journalists they have these days are freaking robots programmed to show the (they think) appropriate facial expressions and voice changes at the appropriate times.

At least this morning I'm remembering why I stopped watching the MSM in the first place.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
I swear, I'm beginning to think these damn anchorpeople and journalists they have these days are freaking robots programmed to show the (they think) appropriate facial expressions and voice changes at the appropriate times.

Or...Right after they finish reporting a horrifying story, they seg-way into something else, like the first story never happened - all while wearing an inappropriate and artificial grin on their face. It's positively diabolical! LOL! You don't have to press too many buttons on this MOM-BOT to get me ranting on the LameStreamMedia.

Although, I am enjoying how they are positively eviscerating Bush over this NIE report - what he knew and when. Dana Perrino was desperately trying to crawfish her way out of the hole these new facts put her in. I loved every minute of it.

[edit on 7/12/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Love to hear it when the politicans get dragged throught the mud inthe mornings..makes for a great day! Now if we can just get him impeached.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I totally agree with the OP. I watch Robin Meade's show in the morning. Often I think I should stop watching it but it truly amazes me to see the tiny details that go into the production of it. If anything, it's an educational experience in marketing and sensationalism.

First, it's interesting to observe the massive amount of hair products and makeup she's wearing. They put sexy clothes on her (usually with some kind of hooker boots) and the other "supporting characters" on the show make comments meant to boost her into some kind of celebrity-status.

And the most interesting part is listening to the changes in her speech and demeanor as she reports the stories. One minute she's upbeat and excited and laughing and the next story she's somber and serious. It's such a complete and total acting package... it's more like a scripted sitcom than a news show.

I feel that the intent is to mesmerize the audience with her looks, engage them with her friendliness (she always says "Good Morning Sunshine!" to the audience), and once they are all completely en-tranced, push the propaganda into their brainwashed minds.

new topics

top topics

join