It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Sighting (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oy vey.

Why is the ""spaceship"" so aligned with the pixels and CCD layout of the camera?

Because it's an optical effect from the lens system.

If the shape stays aligned with the obviously moving frame of the hand-held camera, it's a camera artifact.

At one point they move over and there is a clear very bright streetlamp.

The "spaceship" might be an internal reflection.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
As a very very very very amateur backyard astronomer I see something similar to that everyday.... It looks plain with a faint twinkle and when I look at it through my telescope it looks identical to the zoom of your camera so I would say that it is that star...... Not sure of the name

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Nice post amithone starred, This is definately an interesting video I have never seen any video like this before.

For everyone claiming this is a star, lets see some proof of this? I have never seen a star looking like this....

It seems that UFO's are showing up when tragedy or big events like these wildfires in Southern California. Keep a look up in the sky everyone who knows what you will see.....

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Tomorrow I'll take video as it's late and cloudy and rainy now if no one else provides any info by then.... But I'm pretty sure it's that star or a similar star. Good night all!

Maybe even a planet possibly?

[edit on 12/8/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In the following video:

Google Video Link

We see much the same thing. The above video has been debunked as the result of a video aperture issue with the camera being used. Perhaps this person's camera was similar in quality?

TheBorg

[edit on 8-12-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OP no offense intended but that is a star. It is funny really because I was looking at the same exact star last night and it is one of the brightest stars in the sky. I know it is a star because I have a telescope and that is what I see when I try to look at them. At least it is a nice star!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

No offense taken Equinox. The whole reason for the post was to determine it's validity. I too would like to see additional footage showing a similar shape. I hope the originator of this footage responds to my email inquiry as well.

Becker

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I see stars all the time changing colours, mainly red and blue hues, and when I ask if any other of my friends can see it, they always say no!

I have looked at these stars through a telescope and they're stars, not sure about this one, as the aperture reflection was a good call, but it doesn't account for the 'blinking' in and out of the craft.

The aperture reflection would always stay there, unless changing zoom and if you check, there are parts were she isn't zooming, yet the craft is still flickering.

AmItheOne, that was a great sum up, and I like your ideas, EM distortion could account for the lights, but also for the 'flickering' of the craft in and out of 'existence' IMO. The Geometry of the shape denoted EM manipulation to me, 2 Cylindrical-pyramids counter-rotating each other around a common axis, due to the cone shape, they have less edges for the electrical energy to 'bleed off' and I beleieve it would 'pool' in the tips, allowing for dispresion of the EM field.

I felt like this siting fitted in well with some of my theories on UFO's, just my theories though, probably wrong

(BTW, I am EM mad, think it's the key to everything really...or am I just mad..)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by Springer

Hey Springer,

I've emailed the poster of the vid asking he/she to join us. The only perspective during the event was a quick shot of a light tower. Perhaps one in the parking area of Qualcom stadium.

I'll keep you posted on contact.

Becker

Oops you beat me to it, I just invited her too. I should read the thread first.
I guess it'll motivate her to join more if theres a few people asking though.

I agree on the atari comments. But at the same time I think with zoom on that scale anything looks atari.
I'm impressed with how good the cameras zoom was actually.

A good test would be to zoom in on some other stars with that cam sometime and get her to post up a video of those.
That would put to rest debate on whether it's pixelation or not.

Ufo girl if you read this, do that for us here. It'll make you a hell of alot more popular. We like open and honest members.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jeff Ritzmann looked at this and is confident it is a photographic anomaly caused by the camera, he tells me that some cameras will create a square pixel when zoomed in on a light and others create a diamond shape.

That's his professional opinion on the matter. I can ask him to come into this thread and elaborate if he has the time.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
lens effect...yawn.

it doesnt get more obvious than this! how can anyone see it as something interesting is beyond me.
on this site of all places people should recognize this right away. or so i thought anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
GULP....Here goes nothing....

Please be gentle, it's my first time, but I couldn't help but notice the same effect in this SD video as in an older FOX News clip from the columbia disaster.

I can't get the YouTube Link to work properly so here's the full URL:

www.youtube.com...

I just screengrabbed this one to save some time.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lemetre

I was thinking the same thing as well regarding lens flare/effect but what would explain the reaction from the several people in the video? Are they all in on it? Or did everyone take turns looking through the viewfinder? The naked eye wouldn't give someone the same lens effect. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

They were taking turns looking through the viewfinder. You can hear the second female voice say, "Let me see it", then she reacts after the camera is jostled as it is passed over. Same with "Timmy". He doesn't sound excited until after it's clear he's looking at the viewfinder.

Although bright stars like Sirius and Arcturus can be pretty spectacular just with the naked eye. There are a couple of vids on ATS showing just the round shape that the posters were questioning.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Gotcha, Thanks for the clarification. My built-in laptop speakers are quite horrible.

I'm gonna record some bright stars tonight with my VC and see what the results are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join