It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Sighting (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well we need the experts on this one.

There's some colorful language in the clip so be warned.

I'm uncertain of this clip. Could it just be a star? When zoomed it certainly has a distinct shape but is that just the effect given when zooming in on a star?

I leave it up to the experts.

www.megavideo.com...

Becker

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Becker44]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I recommend watching it without the sound. Pretty interesting vid otherwise. I haven't seen one quite like that before.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Wow, thats an interesting one. Could be a star I guess, just giving off that "twinkling effect", although the shape certainly is weird. I dont remember stars taking that shape through video cameras before, but I could be wrong

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Looks pretty realistic to me. I liked how the girl taping it kept having to tell her parents to stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm hoping one of our members may have similar footage. It would be nice to see a comparison. The audio portion seems to lend to the authenticity of the sighting.

Becker

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
well it looks wierd thats for sure , but sadly there is nothing to compare it to as its pitch black and its kind of out of focus , but still the colors and the umm diamond shape look wierd ..

Also about the background voices , its funny because you can see all the types of people together there .. A blind beliver (the girl thats freaking out) a sceptic (the father and son with their cool voice ) and a beliver but with cool head (the girl thats filming the whole thing )

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The UFO on the video produces an electrical glow discharge by the ionization of the surrounding air. The plasma glow is produced by a strong electromagnetic field produced by the craft.

All characteristics of an electromagnetic reaction is exhibited by the craft. Amazing!

Study the pulsating plasma glow and the interesting pulsating glow of the UFO, they are the same.

On the UFO video, the colors are pulsating to green, blue, pink, just like a pulsating plasma glow. Look at the plasma video below for an example:

www.youtube.com...

In my opinion, this UFO is using some sort of a plasma engine for flight, similar to what NASA is developing today:

www.lerc.nasa.gov...

No other UFO video comes close to this. I think this is authentic because the craft exhibits accurate behavior of an electromagnetic induced craft.

Thanks for the video Becker44, a good find indeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Thanks for the analysis. The screen capture you show in the top left has been a defining reason for me sharing this video. There seems to be physical structure here. I will not rule out an optical effect but I would need to see a similar capture/photo with an alternate explanation.

Thanks for the post!

Becker

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
some thoughts.

First, it looks like an old spaceship graphic from a video game circa space invaders. look closely when it comes into full view and you can almost see the pixels. not saying that is what it is, just that it looks exactly like an old atari era spaceship.

Second, and this is always the oddity for me, why was this family in the Qualcomm parking lot at 2 am? In this case, there's a logical explanation for why they were there. Wildfire evacuation shelter. Qualcomm was used as a shelter. So, that does explain the reason for being there but does it also add to the possibility of an answer? something related to the fires?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

If only there was some perspective shots in that video, like from the ground up to the light. I will say this, at least this "light in the dark sky" appears to have a geometric shape to it. That's unique in and of itself.

I forwarded this to JRitzmann for whatever he can tell us. Can someone try to get in touch with the person who shot the video? I'd love to get the full resolution original to JRitzmann and David Biedny.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hey Springer,

I've emailed the poster of the vid asking he/she to join us. The only perspective during the event was a quick shot of a light tower. Perhaps one in the parking area of Qualcom stadium.

I'll keep you posted on contact.

Becker

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
FWIW, Your Sky shows that Sirius, the brightest star in the sky, was visible at that time and location.
It was midway above the horizon where stars tend to be the most visible and brilliant.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Thank-you so much for posting that Becker44. I am not expert and have no input as to whether this is the real thing or not, but I have to say that this is the most amazing footage of a possible UFO, that I've watched so far.

Even if it does turn-out to be Sirius it gave us a beautiful display. I shall watch with interest at the development of this thread. Thanks again. Woody

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I live in San Diego and this was intresting to me cause it looks like something I saw about a week ago. I was outside talking to someone and we noticed this star that was very bright and kept blinking with different colors like what you see in the video. We thought it might be a plane at first because how bright it was and the colors, but quickly concluded it wasnt moving. Then we noticed a similar star that was less bright but had the same blinking thing going on. In the end we think it was still just a star but its intresting how it looked very similar to this.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is most probably Sirius (I am 100 percent sure, bur for the sake of forum). In a bright sky, it changes its "colors"; it seems as if it has colors because of atmospheric changes.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64
This is most probably Sirius (I am 100 percent sure, bur for the sake of forum). In a bright sky, it changes its "colors"; it seems as if it has colors because of atmospheric changes.

That and it's so wildly out-of focus as to take the shape of the camera aperture.

Photography 101. No big mystery here.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I live near SD and I saw something similar to this. I took a video, it turned out so bad because it was dark and I don't have a view finder.

It looked like a star but it was blinking with different colors, and moving. It looked a lot like this video, but it was much smaller, this video has way better detail than what I could see!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

My first impression exactly. To bad they did not pan out at least once. The only reference is what appeared to be light on a pole that appears a couple of times. I get the idea it is not far above the horizon. With the bottom having the appearance of a reflection and the atmosphere clearly playing a part the colors and flickering are probably an effect of the atmosphere. With Video Cameras now having 20X and even higher Optical Resolution, I'm not so sure any bright star might have that same appearance being not far from the horizon. The closer to the horizon the more atmosphere between the viewer and the object hence the distortions. The shape is most certainly due to the focus.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I remember a few years ago, before I knew anything about stars, I always thought Sirius was a spaceship. That seems like a likely explanation. The fact that it had definite shape, looked like a neon hamburger with pyramid shaped buns, kind of makes me wonder, though...

[edit on 7-12-2007 by indierockalien]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
With regards to the star twinkling because of our turbulent atmosphere:

www.youtube.com...

This star has lots of star burst without any definite shape. It doesn't have any cone shape at all and doesn't have the distinct patterns in the middle as shown below:

Comparing both star and the UFO in question:

As you can see, its totally different. One has a definite design, one is vague.

According to the accounts of the eye witness:

"October 23 2007 quallcomm stadium, san diego CA. we were sitting in the parking lot around 2 in the morning and we see a huge blue green laser shoot across the sky followed by an orange tail leaving a trail of smoke. about a minute later we were looking in the sky at that same spot and we saw a big thing that looked like a star blinking so i got my camera and zoomed in and this is what i saw.....by the way this is unedited footage"

--

We have two clues:

- Blue/Green Laser
- Orange Tail leaving a trail of smoke

According to the eye witness account, she saw an orange tail leaving a trail of smoke.

When an aircraft leaves a trail of smoke, usually, this is where the propulsion is located. Study this mini plasma thruster experiment, watch the paper on the left moving due to the thrust:

www.youtube.com...

According to the author:

"The "tube" is feeding ionized water into the electrodes. The deep yellow orange is from the ionizing of table salt or sodium chloride.

"there is no pressure source in this experiment, the rods are lanthenide doped tungsten welding rods (resist arc wear), and and uses 5kV DC pulses, also not visible are large 2"x2" Neodymium magnets providing a fairly uniform magnetic field, which results in a force on the conducting plasma material."

"Current in a uniform magnetic field produces a force perpendicular to the field and the current direction. The plasma direction is right-to-left."

--

According to the eye witness, she saw an orange tail with a trail of smoke. According to the mini plasma thruster experiment, a deep yellow orange is produced from ionizing the sodium chloride. The trail of smoke is probably the steam produced by the plasma thruster in the UFO. The pulsating plasma colors of the UFO is produced by the strong electromagnetic field required for a plasma thruster.

The Blue/Green laser she saw is actually a blue/green laser gun aimed through the exhaust to reveal the steam path. Thus, she saw a trail of "smoke" or "steam". Watch the video:

www.youtube.com...

I think this is what the eye witness saw when she saw a trail of smoke. Its actually a plasma thruster with an orange tail giving off steam. You can't see the steam, so you need a blue/green laser to observe whether the plasma thruster is actually working. In this case, its flawless.

Study again what I have gathered. In my opinion, this is a new propulsion system being developed and experimented by a company or the military. Its 2 a.m., perhaps the possibility of many people watching it with a video camera is slim. Not!

Anyway, I leave it up to guys to make your own conclusions. For me, this is just a new propulsion system being developed and perhaps, maybe engineered according to alien technology.

If you ask me whether the video is genuine? Yes. It is. It clearly demonstrates the characteristics of a plasma thruster and the pulsating colors of a plasma.

The big question here is, how does it levitate? Does plasma and magnetism have properties we do not know? The sun is a spherical ball of plasma. It has electromagnetism and strong *gravity*. Perhaps we should see the relationship between plasma, electromagnetism and gravity and how they interact. Perhaps there is more to the Lorentz force than we currently understand.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by amitheone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join