It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather vs Hatton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Big Hatton fan here.

Just had a panic on, my Sky Box Office which i'd paid for did'nt come on my tv when it was supposed to, so a very nice lady from Sky has just spent half an hour getting it sorted......game on again!

Well the Ricky Hatton website and forum has crashed, probably due to the traffic at the mo. So i was very glad to see a thread here about the fight.

I reckon Mayweather is in for a big shock tonight, confidence is a good thing, but arrogance at that level is a dangerous thing.

I am looking forward to see him take one of Ricky's belters in the kidneys, i know Floyd has proved himself time and time gain, but Ricky is no pushover, and his body punches are frequently fight stopping material.

I'm just trying all sorts to stay awake for the fight now, by the time i next sleep it will be 2 days without any. Totaly worth it though.

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

It's not the kidneys - it's the short ribs.
Kidney punches are illegal

Looking forward to seeing PB wince from the body shots

CX

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Lol yeah i know they are illegal, but the way Hatton hits the body, i think the kidneys end up in the front row anyway!

Anyway, sad end for Hatton, stopped in the tenth.

Have to take my hat off to Mayweather, it was a good fight and Ricky fought like lion to take a great fight to Floyd.

The ref on the other hand......
Jumping in at the slightest thing, how the hell are you supposed to have a decent fight when you are'nt allowed to?!

Oh well, stick at light-welter Ricky, you still did everyone proud tonight.

CX.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm Puertorican and of course huuuge Miguel Cotto fan!

After watching Mayweather and Hatton fight last night I would not want Cotto to fight neither of them but for different reasons.

First on topic, Wow! What a fight, that was the ugliest most beautiful boxing fight I have watch in a while and I'm a regular boxing fan. It just surprise me that Hatton ran out of gas, too me he was the ultimate endurance fighter in the world, at the same time he was talking way too much punishment from FM when he was trying to come inside, specially late in the fight.

Round 8 was the fight right there, a tired fighter, anykind of fighter against FM is going to get hurt, because he's accurate and has power, and Hatton just look like a punching bag in that round. After that round Ricky never recovered, he was done.

My hat off to FM, I hate his guts, but that guy is the best fighter I ever seen in my generation, and I have seen good ones but he's the best. He just wins, ugly, pretty, boxing, fighting he gets it done.

Ricky, what can you say? He just know one direction, forward, the only way he's going to give is if you put him on the floor and that what it took, but he's is outstanding and his career is not over, not by a longshot.

For Cotto his direction is patience, he can not beat FM right now and a fight with RH would make it a rebound fight for Hatton and I would not want to face him in those conditions, probably fighting for his career. Cotto should do the mandatory fight, then take on Margarito, and later Williams, IF and is a big IF he beats Williams then try to put something toghether with and older, rustier version on Floyd.

Great fight last night!

BTW! The ref did what best he could IMO, it was a hard fight to ref, but apparently not to score because all the judges had FM winning at the end of the fight and it wasn't even close.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm Puertorican and of course huuuge Miguel Cotto fan!

After watching Mayweather and Hatton fight last night I would not want Cotto to fight neither of them but for different reasons.

First on topic, Wow! What a fight, that was the ugliest most beautiful boxing fight I have watch in a while and I'm a regular boxing fan. It just surprise me that Hatton ran out of gas, too me he was the ultimate endurance fighter in the world, at the same time he was talking way too much punishment from FM when he was trying to come inside, specially late in the fight.

Round 8 was the fight right there, a tired fighter, anykind of fighter against FM is going to get hurt, because he's accurate and has power, and Hatton just look like a punching bag in that round. After that round Ricky never recovered, he was done.

My hat off to FM, I hate his guts, but that guy is the best fighter I ever seen in my generation, and I have seen good ones but he's the best. He just wins, ugly, pretty, boxing, fighting he gets it done.

Ricky, what can you say? He just know one direction, forward, the only way he's going to give is if you put him on the floor and that what it took, but he's is outstanding and his career is not over, not by a longshot.

For Cotto his direction is patience, he can not beat FM right now and a fight with RH would make it a rebound fight for Hatton and I would not want to face him in those conditions, probably fighting for his career. Cotto should do the mandatory fight, then take on Margarito, and later Williams, IF and is a big IF he beats Williams then try to put something toghether with and older, rustier version on Floyd.

Great fight last night!

BTW! The ref did what best he could IMO, it was a hard fight to ref, but apparently not to score because all the judges had FM winning at the end of the fight and it wasn't even close.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well I'm pissed.

What a disappointment. Although, I do like both of them, I really, really wanted Hatton to put him out. You win some, you lose some.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
To my Puertorican friend Bunch, Cotto doesn't want any of that except for financial reasons. Cotto/Mayweather will be decided on points and Mayweather would build up more points just on his speed alone. It would be reminiscent of Leonard/Hagler, but more boring. Cotto's tough as hell, but he's too slow in comparison.

After Mayweather beats Cotto, I think you're gonna see Mayweather move up to Super Welterweight and win that belt, then possibly Kelly Pavlik moves down to him to set up another PPV bonanza. If he moves down it gets a little more dangerous. If he stays where he is it's doubful we'll see another good fight in that division, other than Cotto/Mayweather, for awhile.

BTW, I love all my little red-headed stepchildren.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
props to mayweather.hatton did well under the circumstances.6 months muay thai training before the bout would have given him a shot at winning

seriously though,a bridge too far for hatton.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
If the ref had had the cahoonies to take a point off of FM for using his elbows instead of taking a point off of RH for hitting FM on the back of the head, I may have thought it a fair fight. IMHO, the ref was way, way biased! When's the rematch?!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
all's fair and all that..

mayweather stopped using the elbows offensively after he was warned.

hatton low-blowed tszyu repeatedly when they fought in england,tszyu used to tackle guys and throw em back against the ropes and get away with it when he fought in australia.try and find a result against a german fighter in germany if he's not knocked out cold

it happens everywhere

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, Mayweather was much the better fighter.

Hatton never looked convincing the last time he went up in weight, he was always going to have to be at his very best against a man who is a truly gifted boxer.
Hatton never really got inside Mayweather and that was his only realistic hope.

I hope Hatton stays at Light Welterweight where I think he could reign for quite some time.

Now Joe Calzaghe against Bernard Hopkins, I think that's a fight where we Brits might get the result we want.
Joe Calzaghe is amazingly talented and for some reason under-rated.:bnghd:
Calzaghe's record speaks for itself and I would rate him the best British World Champion in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
...I would rate him the best British World Champion in my lifetime.

Pretty tough to beat Lennox Lewis. Just sayin'.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Lewis was a fantastic fighter and a true champion who I am pleased has resisted the temptation, (so far!), to return to the ring in what is a very poor heavyweight division at present.

I just think that 21 defences of a world title is something special which, obviously, only true greats can get anywhere near.
Calzaghe has never backed away from anyone, if anything some of the "big" names have been reluctant to fight him.
I honestly think he will be too good for an ageing, but still very good nonetheless, Bernard Hopkins.

My one slight fear is that going up in weight, as Hatton tried to, will be too much for Calzaghe especially as he has fought at Super Middleweight for so long and it seems to be his natural division, and against someone as wily and experienced as Hopkins.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Freeborn]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join