It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What vitamin or supplement you should take daily?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm curious about the necessity in taking daily dosage of vitamin or supplement.
If you have some experience in this matter, please share it with me.
I mean what kind of vitamin or supplement, for what reason, how much do you take, the result in wellness and if there's any side effect.
And also, what supplement you should take periodically (not daily), if there's any? And what supplement is actually dangerous?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hi Jazzyguy/

I'm not an expert in this field, but I have heard that your vitamin and mineral intake should mostly come from the food we eat.
Any excess mineral and vitamin intake coming from 'pills' and as such are a waste of our money.
There are so many these days that I could name thousands that claim to do this and that.
I would sugest a good healthy balanced diet consisting of vegies of all sorts and fruits, balanced with meat and fish......
Like I said.....my diet is sure not a good example, but healthy living is advised..

Try and eat mostly organic, especially foods that are antibacterial and help with boosting the immune system..
eg/
Garlic and other known herbs as such....eat theses if money does not allow you to buy 'organic'.
Too much of anything is not good.
Dark chocolate is great...it does not put on weight and has antioxidant properties.
Well,
lots here that would advise differently....How many times have people bought vitamins and then did not know what to choose and which to take?
All that's done is make others rich in the process.....

helen

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Hell yeah, I agree with that. Try and get the majority of your vitamins and minerals from fresh foods. All those "mulitvitamin" capsules could have adverse effects on your kidneys. It also has to do a lot with what you're lacking in particular. If you have a mostly fresh, well rounded diet, you're probably not lacking anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
do-yourself-a-favor and find a good nutritionist, do the blood test and let 'em' look at whats going on inside you and then put you on a 'program' that fits your needs................... and buy only quality products, in the long-run, you will save money and your health..........................

]]]Jarrow, CoQ10
]]] Twin Lab, Daily-One
[[ both on sale at www.swansonvitamins.com
[[[ and not promoting all the products there... find a real pro n do the blood test

ask Goddess/Maria 2guide u
MotherEarth

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
for what it's worth, i take centrum multi vitamins and i take an extra B1.
i take the B1 though cause of all the vicodin i eat....your liver can heal itself and and the doc said to take B1 to help that along.

i never thought a multi vite could be a bad thing, but i am no expert.

you could always get some flinstones chewables

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
first i would cleanse the colon.

i know sounds weird or crude to some but it where alot of waste can build up and cause alot of "crap" to be born out of pardon the pun

fish oils are important to your heart health and if you can't get them from your diet they are very beneficial to take in capsule form w/ meals

also and this is a personal choice i love the product 5 htp it bascially increases levels of neurotransmitters in the brain like serratonin, of course this is a personal preferrence and for those that like to be "sped up" ....i use to w/ coffee and everything but since trying supp's like 5htp and also some ashwagandha (relaxing ginseng) and sometimes Saint johns wort it gives me a lot more mental "flexibility and creativity and when i want to slow things way down and have extra piece of mind i find these helpful.

i also think if you are intrested in being more of a "service to others" type person, increasing seratonin and "slowing things down" a little some times gives you the persective needed to look at things from a giving perspective, instead of a sped up me me me what do I want now now now perspective. basically seratonin =creativity and dopamine/noradrenaline (i.e coffee , red bull) = repetive more machine like behavior ( coming from a NLP perspective) kind of out there comment i know but thought i throw it in there

[edit on 9-12-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I used to take dozens of different vitamins in the morning (B12, B6, C, D...etc) but now I just take one Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'll take helen's advice, seems safe to me.
Taking B1 sometimes to detox also seems fine to me. Thanks Boondock.

cpdaman, and/or everyone else, if you have a way to cleanse the colon naturally (without colon irrigation), please share it with me. Perhaps some type of foods can help in colon cleansing?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
While the other posters are right in saying you should try to get most of your vitamins from fresh foods, vitamins are a good option.

It's a good idea to take a multi-vitamin daily for various vitamins, but a couple others that I find useful are a B vitamin (especially if you're vegetarian, apparently) and calcium.

There are other vitamins that I personally take for specific things, and there are vitamins to match many problems. I take a silica supplement for hair/skin/nails/bones since my hair was starting to shed more, and I take 50 mg of zinc to help with healing if I have wounds (or little scabs from picking at my skin).

If you have any questions regarding specific problems you have that you would like advice on vitamins for, feel free to send me a U2U

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yes, I recommend taking certain vitamins, but again - all in moderation as taking too much can cause more damage than good. Also what other posters say about eating foods is a good idea, again as organic as possible. I'd steer clear of Genetically modified foods, I just believe they do more harm than good. Of course, if you can grow your own vegies and fruit, thats a better option still.

However I recommend the B vitamins - food for the brain I find it.
Fish oils - Omega 3 capsules.
Gingseng and Ginkgo Biloba (Not too much, but I like it)
Chromium if you have Diabetes
Magnesium Phosphate for twitchy/nervousness type stuff.

I have friends who talk wonders about Goji Berries - of course they are in the MLM scene and push it so they get money, but the evidence behind Goji Berries are quite astounding.

I agree with a previous post that you see a naturopath, also perhaps and Iridiologit.

Thx

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I take 1000mg Vitamin C with Bioflavanoids and Rosehips, and 400mg of Magnesium Citrate. These are always taken with a meal to maximize absorption. I notice that when I take these vitamins, I tend to perform well during exercise and tend to last longer and recover faster. Running 30mins on the treadmill is like walking comfortably. I feel like I can run another 30mins or so. Weight training is also easy. I don't fatigue that much. I also noticed that when everyone is getting the flu, I don't usually catch it, but when I do catch it, my fever is low grade and it lasts only a few hours with a few sneezes. I don't know how it works, but is seems to enhance my immune system as well.

All these with a healthy balanced diet with no processed food, flavor enhancers, msg, preservatives, and etc. Everything natural.

For colon cleansing, I take pysllium husks 3x a week.

[edit on 2/13/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've always had good luck taking this on a daily basis www.healthfoodemporium.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Update from BBCWorld.

Vitamins benefit warning

Vitamin pills may not improve your health and could even be harmful, according to new research.

What a waste of money. :shk:

ps: The video in the link is not the same as the youtube one.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I say garlic, its a detoxifyer and it lowers your blood pressure, it also helps with any infection.

top topics

join