It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Contact Act 2005

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't know if this info is as earth shaking to everyone as it was me, but I was rather shocked to see that our gov't who is always saying that there are no ufo's and ET's would enact a bill such as this.
I see that there are a lot of smart and informed ppl here and maybe this tidbit is only new to me. But another member suggested that I put it out there anyway. So here it is. I just don't know what to make of it. I did check it out on snopes.com and there was a similar bill in 1969, but it was squashed in 1991. This bill is 2005 and snopes says nothing about it.
Is this really a valid bill?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanx to extraalien, in u2u, i have been advised how to do external content here.

alien contact act

www.contactact.org...

THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONTACT ACT - A BILL

To establish a protocol to allow public interaction with Extraterrestrial Intelligences that may make, or express a desire to make peaceful contact with the people of Earth.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled.

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Extraterrestrial Contact Act of 2005’.

SEC. 2. ESTABLISHMENT OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PROCEDURES PRIOR TO ACTIVATION OF CONTACT PROTOCOL.

(1) Upon enactment of this Act, all members of the public, whether individual or in groups, shall immediately have --

(a ) The irrevocable right to freely interact, associate and communicate with Extraterrestrial Intelligences, whether on or off the Earth, within the guidelines set forth in the Contact Protocol; and

[edit on 7-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ofcourse they would make something like that. Because when we all see ET jump out of his ship they can say "Hey we wrote a bill for that". govts LOVE to cover their bacon ins sticky situtaions..and since it snot well known..if it back fires on them they can always cover it up.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Hey sizzle, It's earth shattering for something like this and I can see why it shook you up, now we need to find out if it's true or just a hoax, wow, what a shocker to me too, it's got to be a scam, right.
Keep looking for the truth and you will find it, gwhint

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Personally i dont find this all that shocking. This is the US govt we are talking about. Lies, Deciet, missinturpreted signals..its almos tlike a marriage

Nothing we hear from the the govt shoudl shock us. They will leave the shocking part to the concetration camps.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

thanx gwh, as i said, i did check this out with snopes. are there any other places i could check on something like this. i don't want to get banned for starting hoaxes if it is one.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is not an active bill. Content from the site:

THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONTACT ACT is a bill that, when enacted into law, will establish a Contact Protocol to allow public interaction with Extraterrestrial Intelligences that may make, or express a desire to make peaceful contact with the people of Earth.

And

THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONTACT ACT is also an organization dedicated to the promotion and adoption of this policy in all nations on Earth.

As such, this is just another cause for an ideal end, like saving the whales. It may be the work of noble volunteers -- or perhaps, hardy charlatans, as there is a 'donations' link on the navigation bar. If there isn't much information about it, one must assume that the idea never really 'caught on'.

..well, bye

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

This is not a bill being considered by the U.S. government.

It's a private foundation trying to raise money to get such an act considered.

ET Contact Act Organization

The ET Contact Act Organization is a non-profit organization under the umbrella of The National Heritage Foundation. It was established to facilitate the creation and passage of an Extraterrestrial Open Contact Law and global Contact Protocol. The purpose of this law and protocol is to allow, acknowledge, approve and coordinate open contact between our world and Extraterrestrials who announce peaceful intentions and desire to interact with us.

Through the creation and the acceptance of an Extraterrestrial Open Contact Law by the majority of nations and people on our planet we will be doing our part in the overall effort to create an environment on planet Earth that is conducive to having open contact with peaceful Extraterrestrials.

Your generous donations will help us realize this vision by allowing the organization to educate people through the publishing and distribution of this information.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
gee jackdaw, i didn't even see that part on the page. guess that clears the mystery then. thanx so much. this had me a little shook up.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Oh well thast even better! Im curious, Do you guys think that something like that would EVER happen unless the govt owned up to the entire 50 year "denial" of UFOs or EBE? Why admit to something if you dont have to right?

Ofcourse it would be great to see Dubyah walk out and say "Ok guys..we lied about UFOs! Who wants coffee?"

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
well i feel like a complete ninny. there was an actual law prior to this but another member explained that it was due to the space travel from our country and what THEY might encounter. guess that's why i fell for this one so quickly.
sorry everybody.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey no worries there Sizzle. We all are here to learn the truth right?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
thanx for your time and trouble here everyone. and especially for your patience. i really thought i did my homework on this. guess i'll slink back into my corner now. later everyone

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You already know my thoughts on this sizzle,and see you got some good feed back,good for you,from people who understand bills and such.

I didn`t see anything to be disturbing at all about this and I wouldn`t be disturbed if disclosure happened.I`d still be a bit angry they took so long though.

I saw it similar to the gold record on voyager 1,just because its there doesn`t mean they know they (aliens) are out there,though just in case sort of thing.

Like the scouts motto "be prepared".

[edit on 7-12-2007 by gps777]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
well i feel like a complete ninny.

There`s no need to,the important thing is that we learn,you had a question that needed an answer and you got it.

there was an actual law prior to this but another member explained that it was due to the space travel from our country and what THEY might encounter guess that's why i fell for this one so quickly.

no sizzle you misunderstood what I said,check my post above then check what I said in the u2u

ya niny

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Maybe the gold record is just a sign saying "hey we are earthlings. Come on down and party with us and BYOB! Oh also if you decide to invade contact the US govt"

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Not to sound harsh, sizzle.... but I've ran across two threads in the past hour alone promoting sites that re asking for donations for what seems like some bogus cause....

And you seem to be new here, with a picture of an attractive big breasted blone to get everyone's attention and maybe leniency on you...

It just seems like this is just a clever way of leading what a charlaitan would consider a group of (ptentially) easilly gulled people into a sham money making website.

They are offering nothing but hot air, and if you are a promoter from that website, nice try... but we're not as gullible as you think.

If you're just a curious person...well then...I have one question for you: who's the hot chick in your picture?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Oddly i was curious about that myself Indie. Just call me a man :p

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

They are offering nothing but hot air, and if you are a promoter from that website, nice try... but we're not as gullible as you think.

If you're just a curious person...well then...I have one question for you: who's the hot chick in your picture?

I assure thats not the case.

A few days ago sizzle posted in a thread I have been active on,she has been quite frightened to post anything here on ATS,its was through some encouragement from myself to her in the thread and via a number of u2u`s that she plucked up the courage to jump in.

So easy with the assumptions,not everythings a hoax or conspiracy and some people are a bit fragile.

Edit to add
And just for the record when I first offered sizzle encouragement she didn`t have that avarta,incase anyone gets the wrong idea of me as well.

and no I`m not gay.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Well atleast you made the edit to add.

I agree not evrything is a hoax or a conspiracy. I liek to keep my options open

top topics

<<   2 >>

join