It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA destroyed al-Qaida interrogation video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There may never be any way to stop some determined nutcase from doing something wrong unless we can accurately predict the future. The answer is certainly not in giving up freedom, or allowing torture. Personally, I think the best opportunity is one that we will never use, because it will tick off countries that are supposedly our allies. That solution would be to make the existing governments of those countries police their own radicals and pass the appropriate laws that disallow radical hate teachings (hate crimes). Then you have an already existing government structure in place, rather then trying to do the police work yourself as we are now stuck doing in Iraq. You know its funny that we did not force the Saudis to pass anti-hate group laws in their country after all this started, but instead we started making up new laws for our own citizenry.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Good!
I'm glad they destroyed the video. It prevents some loser with an agenda from leaking the video which prevents the whiney crybabies with their 'faux' outrage from saying how bad America is and that the U.S. tortures prisoners. Give me a break! Nothing in the video is considered torture except for the few who even believe using harsh language is torture.

While limited (repeat LIMITED) forms of torture may be a means of getting someone to talk who would not otherwise, EXTREME torture can make people say things that simply ARE NOT TRUE just so they can get OUT of the torture situation.

Though, that was likely the idea.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

So macho. Can i expect to see you opening night at the Rambo premier?

You flaunt logic as if you were about to put together a logical argument. Well, here is some logic.

"Terrorists" will attack the US whether we torture or not. History tells us that torture ultimately yields no viable results in regards to intel. So why should we stoop to their level? Doesn't that make us just like them - and even more importantly - doesn't the excessive use of torture historically lead to a slippery slope into fascist dictatorships?

Moreover, doesn't the use of torture make the US look weak and desperate?

Hey - if your into fascism and living in fear over some boogeymen - by all means move to a country that embraces torture. You will really enjoy it there

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

That's a pretty helpful view with regards to this discussion, and the prevention of terrorism.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by paul76

That's a pretty helpful view with regards to this discussion, and the prevention of terrorism.

You want to prevent terrorism? Then maybe your country like mine should stop meddling in other countries affairs.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

A victory maybe , but a pyrrhic victory is not one anyone wants to `stomach` - and when you lose more `men` than the enemy to win -well thats for another time.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
You want to prevent terrorism? Then maybe your country like mine should stop meddling in other countries affairs.

Ah….
Another history major…

After World War I, the League of Nations approved the British Mandate for Palestine with the intent of creating a "national home for the Jewish people". In 1947, the United Nations approved the partition of the Mandate of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab. The Arab League rejected the plan, but on May 14, 1948, Israel declared its independence. The new country's victory in the subsequent Arab-Israeli War expanded the borders of the Jewish state beyond those in the UN Partition Plan. Since then, Israel has been in conflict with many of the neighboring Arab countries, resulting in several major wars and decades of violence.

That right there is the reason that all of this started, and it is the reason there is no easy solution to the problem. The US was dragged into it due to our ties with the nation of Israel.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

So the Ostrich technique with regards to foreign policy is the best choice?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Togetic

Congress, CIA, Bush.. wants any one but THEM to fess up to 9/11/01.

Thats why they NEED torture.

Evidently.

Is not this perfectly clear why they torture, they are guilty ones and need
to label a 'guilty' person IN THE MEDIA to cover their guilt.

Is not this obvious, or just an alternate view.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What??

CIA covering up their Dirty Tracks??? No!!! it can't be!!

Former CIA director Richard Helms, one of twenty Reagan/Bush White House officials convicted in the Iran-Contra coc aine-for-guns/NATO-stockpiles-for-cash scandal, testified to Congress the CIA successfully completed over 60,000 assassinations. Mind-controlled assassins (MK-ULTRA torture/psychology program) were just one of the CIA's many underhanded specialties

CIA would never do anything Bad!! Come on!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

Now those were the good old days.
Agents and everyone high on drugs and free sex.
Beatles and summer of love.
Good old 60s after they killed JFK.

Oops.

Bush is guilty and is making everyone else guilty by "listening to wild conspiracy theories".

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The videos must have been pretty horrid for the CIA to burn them.
But there again if its "waterboarding" it must be horrid.Otherwise the likes of the Khmer Rouge would not have used it as torture...

"The Khmer Rouge at the Tuol Sleng prison in Phnom Penh, Cambodia used waterboarding as a method of torture between 1975 and 1979."

en.wikipedia.org...

I can't believe this sort of thing is being accepted by some people here.Maybe its the way people like "fox news" make it seem so great...some people just think its A OK.
Look at how the fox channel presents waterboarding on this thread.I thought it was sick twisted reporting myself:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(first link in the OP,with video)

That sort of biased reporting should result in total termination of the company responsible IMO.Especially as they claim to be totally impartial and unbiased..Oh please.

If someone tried to keep me in the state of "almost drowning" and no sleep for 4 days I would admit to and sign anything...for these techniques of torture have been honed throughout the years for just that purpose.
It worked well in soviet Russia,Nazi germany and now.....

edit quote

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
just now on cnn international they had some dude on there that was at gitmo for 3 years.
he said he was tortured..
hog tied, punched and kicked.
he said they played tapes/recordings of a womans screams and led him to believe that it was his wife being tortured.
he said they kept showing him pics of his kids and led him to beleive they were being tortured as well.

the anchor asked him if he told them what they wanted to know and he said "yes, and more"

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
the anchor asked him if he told them what they wanted to know and he said "yes, and more"

What do you expect him to say on TV…
“No I lied through my teeth”?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Boondock78

What do you expect him to say on TV…
“No I lied through my teeth”?

i expected him to say exactly what he did say
ya know

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
So the Ostrich technique with regards to foreign policy is the best choice?

You mean putting our collective heads in the sand and pretending it will all go away?

== OR ==

Laying an enormous egg?

Any reasonable thinking person needs to ask some basic questions:

> Is the intelligence generated by our 'intelligence community' reliable? You'd have to be a foll if you answered anything but hell to the no on that one. Either they're regularly lying and/or they are clueless.

> Given the forgoing (i.e., the proven unreliability of 'intelligence' generated by these organizations) is it reasonable to allow them to act on that 'intelligence'? Of course not.

Up until a few days ago the government was adamant that Iran was building a nuke and Armegeddon was at-hand (despite countless sources questioning that information). Not that the truth will sway all of those people (least of all our President), but these people were hell-bent on prosecuting a war --- very possibly a nuclear war --- based upon the earlier, bogus intel.

We have no idea what the CIA et al are doing 'in the name of the U.S.A.' and there is clearly no independent oversight. Someone with a modicum of responsibility has GOT to keep a leash on these people. How do we really know who these detainees are and what they've allegedly done? "They're Freakin' Al Qaeda Man" (as was stated earlier by some chucklehead). Says who? The CIA? And their track record of being correct is what?

Holy Crap. Face it. Given what the CIA is known to do to prisoners (just imagine what hasn't leaked out yet) anyone on this board would confess to being behind 9/11.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by jtma508]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

What about gitmo?
If 9/11/01 was not true terror then what was gitmo all about?

Passing the buck?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The FOX news retirement home must be a reality check of mind blowing proportions.

Imagine.
Not to mention how the guys sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Waterboarding is torture, and the US government has prosecuted people who have used this method in the past.

Exactly. But being the American Government, I guess they're exempt.
No wonder they say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was "the mastermind of September 11"!
If they waterboarded me, I'd probably admit to anything too...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join