It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of Presidents With 'a Bad Brain,' Doctor Demands Brain Scans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Tired of Presidents With 'a Bad Brain,' Doctor Demands Brain Scans

www.blacklistednews.com

scans of the human brain can reveal dysfunction and even predict degenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's disease. In an interview with MSNBC's Tucker Carlson, Amen said that the technology could be used to effectively vet future presidents.

"For years, what I have thought about, talked about, is we should be scanning the brains of presidential candidates," said Amen. "Because a president with a bad brain can ruin life on earth...I'm sort of tired of presidents who've had a bad brain that are
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com
www.amenclinics.com

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, there's an idea!

Scan presidential candidates before we elect them to see if they have any areas of their brain that may, well, just not be working properly.

He claims that Bill Clinton's marital "lapse" with Monica Lewinsky could have been forseen with a brain scan and looking at the area of the brain that deals with judgment and impulse control.

As For President Bush, he has this to say

As for President Bush, a Wednesday editorial from Amen in the Los Angeles Times argues that some of the commander-in-chief's perceived weaknesses may be traced to brain fitness.

"One could argue that our current president's struggles with language and emotional rigidity are symptoms of temporal lobe pathology," writes Amen. "The temporal lobes, underneath your temples and behind your eyes, are involved with language, mood stability, reading social cues and emotional flexibility."

Well, if that IS the area that that deals with those processes, they might very well find Bush's brain a little abnormal.

Now, I don't know if all this is poppycock or not!

That's why I decided to start this thread, if they REALLY CAN tell a lot of personality traits or deficiencies, (whether they can make "impulsive" decisions, i.e.) and can tell whether a person might soon end up with a brain degenerative disease like Alzheimers, should the US look at scanning the brains of presidential candidates to see if the next President of the US, and one of the most powerful positions in the world, has a "good" or "healthy" brain? (as opposed to a "bad brain")
Meet Dr. Amen

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/12/07 by Keyhole]

join