It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my dog, the re...had to grab the pistola last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
it's wild that this happens after all the discussion we have been having on gun control and home invasions and that.
so, it's about 2am and my dog starts to go friggin nutso.
i jump outta bed and grab the pistola....i had goose bumps and my arm hairs were standing up and the sort.
i told my mama to stay in the room(safe..phone in there + another pistola)..

the way he was barking, i was thinking that someone was trying to get in.
it was dark so i couldn't see much. from peeking out the bedroom door i could see my dog standing like in the middle of my bedroom and the living room.
i'm thinking he saw someone walk by and flipped.(this is all going down very fast mind you)....
so, i leave the lights off and walk into the living area where he is and see what he is barking at...

he was barking and going insane on a huge blanket that was on the couch.
when we went to bed last night, he came with us. the blanket was on the couch and it was just kinda tossed there so it was bulky and i guess he thought there was someone on the couch.
he had positioned himself in between our bedroom and the deadly blanket.

i thought that was cool of him but my heart sunk when i heard him barking like that....

he is so cool and sweet but man, he can be a real re sometimes....

what the hell dog goes ballistic over a blanket bunched up on the couch?

edit*
the blanket is so damn big cause it's for the big ass king sized bed we have. we bring it out to the couch and cuddle up.....when it is just bundled up and tossed on the couch, i could see how in the dark it would look like a figure of something...

i'm suprised though that he could not distinguish a 'whatever' from blanket...

i am glad he is alert but man, i was fluttering

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Haha.

That's a good dog, no matter how stupid the situation is. I've had my lab do the same thing to a new plant we put in our dining room. But, every false alarm is worth when they do it when necessary. I'm stoked to flip on the lights with the guy staring at the suppressor and 30 round clip of the Mac staring him in the face.

Dogs and guns. FTW.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Haha.

That's a good dog, no matter how stupid the situation is. I've had my lab do the same thing to a new plant we put in our dining room. But, every false alarm is worth when they do it when necessary.
Dogs and guns. FTW.

i was not mad at him or anything, just scared...so many things racing through my head...making sure mama stayed in the bedroom. not knowing what is happenig,,,

at least i know that he would protect us....at least from a big ass blanket.

i grabbed my revolver....i might have to switch my bedside pistola from my revolver to my 9.
my taurus holds 17, the wheel only holds 5.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Better safe than sorry.......

I awoke to one of my cats being totally freaked out and my other two cowering on the bed afraid of something going on. I moved cautiously through the hall towards the living room armed and scared at around 2:00 AM.

My heart was racing as I went past the kitchen, but I was ready to kill any intruder in my home to protect my husband and daughter. I could still hear the cat growling and it really sounded like it was in pain and fighting for it's life.

Peeking around the corner I couldn't see anything wrong, and I couldn't see the cat.
I yelled out something stupid like "I'll kill you, you bastard", and then I flipped on a light by reaching around the corner into the room.

My cat was attacking a large stuffed bear we had won at the carnival that night.
But better safe than sorry........

top topics

join