It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Yeah Baby

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There's room for everyone on the Steelers wagon... come on aboard...

Here's my honest opinion about this Sunday's game.

I think it will be a close, hard fought battle and the team that protects thier QB better will win.

I don't see a whole lot happening on special teams plays.

I think the Steeler Line Backers will chase Brady around all day, I see at least 3 sacks and several knock downs.

I'm not worried about a running game from the Pats.

I am worried about the deep ball to Moss. The Steelers DB's are not that great. I hate the long ball from any team against the Steelers. However if Troy P is back this week, he'll certainly be able to help in that dept.

Ben is playing pretty good right now, however, teams are getting to him way to easily. On the other hand, he's one of the best scrambling QB's in the league.

Willie Parker, I don't think he has a case of the "fumbles", it was the rain that caused all of them last week, he should be fine in that dept. However, I wish they would run him to the right more. They run him up the middle or to the left and he doesn't get a lot of yards. When they run him to the right, he gets pretty good gains.

Steelers receivers, I'm very pleased with the plays they're making and throw in tight end, Heath Miller, he catches almost everything thrown his way.

I think the Steelers will win this game, or at least I really hope they do.

Steelers 27 - Patriots 21

In the end, I just hope it's not the Ref's that determine the outcome of the game. I hate that for any team.

GO STEELERS !!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
reply to post by elevatedone

Those Steelers think they're so cool.
Runnin' around, scorin' touchdowns, kickin' field goals, sackin' the opposin' quarterback and stuff.
I hate the Steelers.

I agree. After Baltimore the Steelers are in a tie with the Colts as the team the complains the most. Why can't good teams just 'tip their cap' to their oppents when they lose.

Some Steelers quotes:

"Oh, they knew. They were calling our stuff out. They knew, especially that first championship game here at Heinz Field. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff. You would hope that during their run, when they were winning all those Super Bowls, all that stuff wasn't going on. You look back in the past and we played them in the championship games, and you kind of wonder. It seemed like they were a step ahead of us at all times." - Hines Ward

even from retired Steelers

"I'm upset about it because especially the second AFC Championship Game really would have been affected if the cheating happened in that game because we played them in the regular season. There were some big plays that their offense made against our defense." - Jerome Bettis

There is always something for the Steelers to complain about. But the Steelers fans are one of the most dedicated in the NFL. Nothing like hot Steelers chicks.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by testrat]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Nothing like hot Steelers chicks.

---------------------------------------------------------

I need a low scoring game with the Steelers winning it.

Reason being: I want the Patriots to go down, but...

..I have the Patriots defense on my fantasy football team and I need to win this week. So a low scoring game with possibly a INT TD return - that would be awesome.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
elevated one the long ball did cost them

brady played great , pats running game did nada, and moss had two td's and welker owned pitt during one drive in the second half

they sure missed troy P it will sure be an intresting matchup in the playoffs should they meet again and have trop p.

i hope that's the last gaurantee that no name defender makes

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Pats played very well today... congrats on the win.

However, I'm sick and tired of them trying to run the score up on teams.
they're up 18 points with under 10 minutes in the game and didn't run the ball once...

Oh well, 9-4 Steelers, headed to the playoffs, maybe we'll get our revenge there?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

So, lets start back up that 'pats are scary good' talk.

they should win by triple digits next week against the Jets, and most likly will be capped off with a 70-yard hailmary to Moss on the final play of the game, so the winning score wil be 105-0, as the Pats score 15 TD's, Brady breaks Mannings record, and Moss Breaks Rices record, and then Beilicek walks out to mid feild, points and laughs at Eric Manguini, as the fans start some chant that makes the entire staduim shake.

Yea, the pats are that good.

But, by the will of the football gods, Miami will beat them in week 16. I don't know how... but i give it a 34% chance of happening, for no good reason, other then the football gods will be against Bilicheck, and this would be the greatest dose of Karma since Miami did the favor to then previously undefeated Chicago in 1985... and the same will happen this year.
Then again, that year they had some guy named Marino at QB, not some Lemon.

Nevermind the fact that the Dolphins look as if they would get bounced out of the D-III college football playoffs,they can do it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
By the way. If the season ended today, the Pats would have the second pick in this year draft.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

What's the backup center doing out of uniform?

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I'm going to pick Miami, but I doubt they'll beat New England.

Not because of the obvious gap in talent, but because of the Week 17 matchup.

Picture it....

The NFL is trying to get the cable companies to buy in to a deal for the NFL Network. Cable NFL fans are getting sick of missing the big games.

New England beats New York and Miami. They're now 15-0.

We move to the final week. The last chance for New England to lose a regular season game. It's against the Giants..

And it's on the NFL Network.

Everybody in the country will want to see it. Cable companies will give in. The NFL will profit nearly $1 billion.

I'm not saying the fix is in, I'm just implying it.

New England will be 15-0 going in to Week 17 no matter what, and it has nothing to do with them playing two bad teams in between now and then.

The NFL is a business. Each team is an actual company. People seem to forget that. The goal is to make money. Not to provide you entertainment. Not to be fair to you. It's to make money. What ever is good for business will happen one way or another.

So you people out there can keep believing there isn't a fix going on if it makes you feel better. I'm not saying New England isn't a great team, but they're clearly getting a little help.

[edit on 12/10/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
To add a little drama to Novus' post, the Giants may still be fighting for a playoff spot at that point, right?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

It's possible, but the Giants can clinch a spot this weekend by beating Washington. Either that or a Minnesota and New Orleans loss.

I think they'll more than likely clinch before then.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join