It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Yeah Baby

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Alright, come on all you Steeler fans, I know you're here, show yourselves.

Big Game this week, will the Pats go down, I really hope so.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm a Steelers fan for this Sunday. I REALLY hope the Patriots lose. I'm getting sick of them.

I think the Steelers have what it takes. Judging by the last two weeks, the Patriots' offense is a lot like the Colts' offense - if you disrupt the timing, the whole thing falls apart. The Steelers definitely have the defense to do it.

The weather may be a factor (I don't know the forecast, though), but the Steelers got some good practice on bad field against Miami, so they should be fine.

By far the best 4 o'clock game on the schedule this week. I'll be watching it.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I honestly think that the Steelers linebackers will be able to get a lot of pressure on Brady, thus disrupting the ability for him to go deep to Moss.

here's a great little read from ESPN today

33 Reasons The Patriots Will Lose Sunday

I love the Steeler avatar too..

[edit on 6-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Steelers have already guaranteed a victory.

The Pats comments on this.

""I don't know if we've ever come out and predicted victory or anything, and we've won a lot of games," quarterback Tom Brady said. "Whether you predict it or not, you've got to show up on Sunday."

Said safety Rodney Harrison: "The game is won and lost between the lines, not in the media. We've been in this situation before, where guys are talking. It just doesn't matter what you say, it's what you do."

Added outside linebacker Mike Vrabel: "If you went back and documented every time someone called their own shot, I mean, what are the chances? You're going to win or you're going to lose. Either way I don't think that prediction will have much bearing on the outcome."

Elsewhere, fullback Heath Evans said that Smith's prediction would be proven correct if the Patriots don't improve their performance, while linebacker Chad Brown acknowledged the comments could be used as motivation.

Linebacker Junior Seau also commented, noting that such a guarantee would never come from the Patriots. He was asked if there is such a thing as bulletin-board material for teams.

"There definitely is," Seau said. "Obviously, there is obviously a build-up before the game and that's the way this started. There is going to be talk every week. We're not going to pay attention to that. We're going to try to do what we do every week, which is work. Hopefully that will be good enough come Sunday. Come Sunday, all the talk will be between the white lines. It always is.""

source

This reminds me of the 2001 playoff game between the two. Steelers booked their Superbowl hotel rooms prior to playing the Patriots. After the Steelers lost, Kordell Stewart and Hines Ward cried.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This reminds me of the 2001 playoff game between the two. Steelers booked their Superbowl hotel rooms prior to playing the Patriots. After the Steelers lost, Kordell Stewart and Hines Ward cried.

A lot of teams go ahead and make travel plans like that, I don't think it was anything out of the ordinary or because they were sure they'd win.

I hate when ANY player guarantees a win, it just stinks.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
C'mon people, you don't have to like the Patriots, but I want them to go undefeated so I don't have to look at and listen to that old Dolphins team anymore. I saw Bob Griese and Mercury Morris on ESPN the other day and it was the same kind of ego driven garbage they always spout.

They freakin' beat TWO winning teams that whole year!

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Would this be great...

the Pats remain undefeated until thier game with the Miami Dolphins and the Dolphins beat them....

that would be awesome !!! even if it meant my Steelers lost, I'd love it.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I'm a Steelers fan for this Sunday. I REALLY hope the Patriots lose. I'm getting sick of them.

You and me both. Actually, I've been sick of the Patriots.. I was alright with them going to a couple of Super Bowls but now it's just becoming monotonous.. :shk:

[edit on 6-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
C'mon people, you don't have to like the Patriots, but I want them to go undefeated so I don't have to look at and listen to that old Dolphins team anymore.

They'll all die soon. They're up there in age.

I'd rather the Patriots lose so we don't have to listen about another undefeated team for the next forty years.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
didn't the jets beat the steelers? even winning the superbowl won't erase that shame.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes... and so did the Broncos and the Cardinals... :shk::shk:

However, it just doesn't matter... beating the Pats will make up for all of that.

Also, the Steelers aren't worried about thier losses, or ending a streak, it's one game at a time with them, they have their eyes on the ultimate prize.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The only thing that bothers me about the Steelers is that they only scored 3 points against a pretty bad Miami ball club... They were playing at HOME as well...:shk: I have never been a Steelers fan, but you can bet your sweet rear end that I'll be cheering for them against the Patriots.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I just want the Pats to go down anyway possible, by 1 or by 30 it doesn't matter, I want Brady to stink the joint, I want them to lose in the playoffs, I want to see them hurt, in pain, confused, Moss fighting with teammates, and Belichek or whatever is name, I want the other coach the one that beat him go to the middle of the field and just dance the macarena around the guy.

God knows this is true to heart, that I have the biggest hate for the New England Patriots, their coach, the players, the owners, FANS, my hate extend to the parking lot workers, waterboys and towel guys.

I don't like the steelers either, but if they beat the Pats I would at least by a hat or something and wear it to my work where I have like 5 Pats bandwagon fans. Does the steelers have a song or something? I would sing that out loud too while dancing the macarena around them.

Go Steelers!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Hahahahaha

That's funny.

Who's your team?

[edit on 12/6/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Let me give you a hint, my team is the one that only wins by field goals, the team that last year had one of the best defense in the league and now is dead last I think in both.

My team has a head coach that think is a good idea to kick it to Devin Hester, not once!? but after he already score on you and knowing that you have one of the worst ST in the NFL.

They had only one meaningful win against the Steelers that were banged up in that game.

The all might Denver Donkeys, I mean Broncos. That's all right we be better next year.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Ahh yes, you were the one that made the thread asking if you would kick to Devin Hester. I remember now

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
i'm a pat's fan and a Boston Native but i must say this game will be a big hurdle to the pats undefeated hopes, thankfully it is IN NEW ENGLAND.

tuff to beat anywhere,especially at home.

on a side note, i would take the steelers getting 10.5 points, no hesitation.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The Pat's have some serious deficiencies, imo:

Defensively, they are vulnerable in the middle of the field.

They are having trouble stopping the run.

Offensively, they have no running game, and I'm very surprised that they have taken no steps to fix this. Moroney is mediocre at best.

Their front line has been breaking down, causing Brady to be sacked more often recently.

Is it true? Is Randy Moss copping another attitude?

On the plus side, they are at home, at a decent hour instead of another night game. And, I think Anthony Smith is going to regret his prediction of victory. Those predictions rarely do much more than rile up the other team.

I'll take the Pats.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Did you see the field during that game. No way ANY team was going to move the ball in those conditions.
:shk:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Those Steelers think they're so cool.
Runnin' around, scorin' touchdowns, kickin' field goals, sackin' the opposin' quarterback and stuff.
I hate the Steelers.

All in good fun EO.

My Eagles are lettin' me down big this year, BUT they laid out a nice blueprint to show how to beat those Patriots. The Eagles really should've won that game. I'll ALWAYS be an Eagles fan - no matter what, but can I have a nice seat on the Steelers band wagon?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join