It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking Your Knuckles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Cracking your knuckles does not cause arthritis, but it may damage your hand in other ways.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ive been crackin my knuckles n stuff for years, since i was dunno how old... 10? im 20 now so thats 10 years worth, ive done it that much that ive turned into bruce lee! I only need to clench my fists to crack them now, its pretty cool. same applies to my neck

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
good lord I hope it doesnt cause arthritis....however arthitis is just inflamation of joints so i guess if you lets say popped it the wrong way or caught some tissue in there you could have infamation in your joint. but seeing how i have popped just about everything i can and i havent had anything bad happen...yet

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jennilee
good lord I hope it doesnt cause arthritis....however arthitis is just inflamation of joints so i guess if you lets say popped it the wrong way or caught some tissue in there you could have infamation in your joint. but seeing how i have popped just about everything i can and i havent had anything bad happen...yet

Inflammation is one of the sypmtoms of arthritis, but arthritis is much more than just inflammation. There is usually either bone or soft tissue destruction.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Inflammation is one of the sypmtoms of arthritis, but arthritis is much more than just inflammation. There is usually either bone or soft tissue destruction.

Well I was taking the Literal term there....Arthr/o meaning Joints...-itis meaning inflamation. now there are other factors to arthritis but then the name game changes..osteoarthitis can happen after repeated abuse of the joints...here is a link that explains some of what can happen.(not that I am saying its going to happen just that it can lead to more serious problems later on in life)
www.drweil.com...=TodayQA-questionId=3819
anyways...again I am not saying that one would get it just that cracking your joints could lead to some other issues later on in life when we reach our...golden years

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
man I crack my knuckles every hour at least on the computer I crack 'em like every 6 minutes though... I hope it doesnt cause arthritis, a thirteen year old with arthritis? lol

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i crack my knucles on occasion, but the only crack side-to-side, not when i bend them back or forwards.

However, my neck cracks every time i move it, and i finally went to the cyropractors and she freaked out and asked "have you been in an auto accident"
me: "umm, no"
her: "are you sure???"
me:"yeah, i think id remember if id gotten in a crash"

so cracking isnt always an innocent thing...

---pineapple
(btw, im 16, so this isnt from old age creaking joints or artritus or anything)

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just helps me relieve my bordom, for 5 seconds anyway:w:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown

However, my neck cracks every time i move it, and i finally went to the cyropractors and she freaked out and asked "have you been in an auto accident"
me: "umm, no"
her: "are you sure???"
me:"yeah, i think id remember if id gotten in a crash"

---pineapple
(btw, im 16, so this isnt from old age creaking joints or artritus or anything)

Yeah that neck thing whats up with that when you roll your neck or anything like that it pops right? Mine does that too, my neck pops by itself when I wake up but I dont pop my neck on purpose just my knuckles.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Cracking your knuckes is not only annoying- but yeah it can cause damage to you hand- ive heard it causes arthrtis.
Your cracking bone against bone and after a long period of time its gotta cause damage.

Your hands are with you for life- why mess them up?!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
what actualy happens when you crack your knuckles- and what is the damage

I hope this helps a little bit- every site that i looked at has said there is no link between cracking you knuckles and arthritis.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It feels good to crack your knuckels.......danm good.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My son like to creak this knuckles and it drives me crazy.I'm always telling him that if he doesn't stop his knuckles will become bigger.He doesn't listen,just like the rest of the males in my household.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i cant seem to click my fingers but i can click my toes - and i do it all the time!! ive been told about the athrightous thing aswell buti dunno if its true x

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
*cracks back* Yep, my back feels much better now. I hope the legends aren't true. In fact when I wake up in the morning, I turn to get out of bed and I crack most of my back. My friends think I'm weird because I constantly crack my back.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well I crack my knuckles alot by pressing down on them...it's so satisfying! And I can type/play guitar quicker. Oooh and my right wrist, when I'm annoyed or bored I make it crack constantly, back from my days of playing violin I guess...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't know what it does later in life ... all I know is that right now, when I do it ..... I feel better. And I can play my violin without gross amounts of stiffness ... which makes me just want to pop them more.

:CRACK:

AHHH .... much better.

*Z*

apc

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Knuckles, no damage.
Back and neck, if you are forcing it beyond its normal range of motion, you are doing severe damage and over time will pay the price. The ligaments are being stretched beyond their normal range, forcing the intervertibre muscles to overcompensate for the lack of spinal support.
Eventually you'll have decreased range of motion in the spine, possibly a nice hump from unequal muscular contractions, and a host of other problems can result.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
what exactly causes your knuckles to crack when you crack them?

Air bubbles that are in your joints when you crack them the air releases it self and makes a popping sound

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I crack all my joints, it makes me feel better. I crack my shoulder it is very loud and it scares people. They ask "Did you just break a bone?!?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join