It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edit tag question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm probably missing something very simple, but how are you guys inserting the reason for editing into the info at the bottom of a post you've edited? TIA

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Oh, we just type it out like normal in the text box.

Example:

Edit: Yeah like that, but you won't see an edit done, since it's typed in the post as is.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

When I edit a post, information about who edited it and when appears at the bottom, in addition to whatever I type.

"Edit to add this"

[edit on 12/6/2007 by Teratoma (then I went back AGAIN and added this)] ...and another line of info is added underneath...

[edit on 12/6/2007 by Teratoma]

So how can I edit a post and only end up with one line, including the reason why?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There you go. See, you've got it. It's exactly that way. There are no special manoeuvres

You can delete the extra line if you want to.

Edit to add: but once you've edited it, there will be that one [Edit on XX/XX/XXXX by username] line at the bottom, just like after this edit:

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I've got what? If I go back and delete any of them, I still get another one.

[edit on 12/6/2007 by Teratoma to test]

...but everyone else seems to be able to do it with only one line like the one above.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

There's no way to remove that [Edit on XX/XX/XXXX by username] line if you edit the post. Is that what you're asking?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You will always have at least one edit line (the line that says when a post was edited). You can have more, but you can delete them. Hope that helps!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If you edit you will always get text stating you edited your post and you only have a two hour window to edit.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, since I'm having a really hard time finding an example of what I'm talking about, I'm coming to the conclusion that I may be imagining things. It wouldn't be the first time
...Anyway, thanks for the help... If I do ever come across a post like I'm talking about I'll dig this thread up and link to it here. Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If you go back to EDIT a post a second time, once your done editing, and before clicking the "EDIT POST" button, delete the

[edit on 12/6/2007 by _____ ] at the bottom of the page/post,

this way, even though you may have edited your post twice(or like me, more than twice), there will only be one of those [edit] tags at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.

And if you want to add the reason why you edited the post just type

edit: and your reason why you edited your post

Then click the "EDIT POST" button

[edit on 6/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I'm going to tattoo that on my left wrist. I seem to have a hard time getting links to work, so I go back and edit it, and still get it wrong, so I do it again, and again, till I get it right. I've had 5 or 6 edit lines down under the article. I felt it made me look like a total idiot, and really "uglied up" my post.

Thank you. Hadn't thought of doing that.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

hahaha I'm like you, but in my case the edits tags takes up more space than the post some times, but I always delete them

new topics

top topics

join