It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

97-year-old Grandmother Speaks the Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
I believe in respect for one's elders but groundlessly attack my religion and I'll give you all the respect you deserve-none.

Thanks for admitting greed, war, & tyranny is your religion.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

Mr. Jim_Kraken I am not sure what exactly you are upset about.
Could you please go in depth as to how Granny has offended your religion?

Also, what is your religion if you don't mind telling us? I only ask this as it seems Granny's slur against your religion is you main concern.

Thank You,
Dizzie

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thankyou so much for posting this and introducing me to Granny. I LOVE her and could not say it better. I will send it to all of my friends and family. I couldnt get it out with out deep crying while reading to my 12-8 and 7 year olds. It is what I have tried to teach them all their lives. She made my night.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

It doesn't matter, she paints ALL religions with the same brush...and that's the brush of "religion is just an excuse for war".

And Solarskye, I don't know where you got the soapbox you're standing on...haven't you seen the steady upward trend life expectancy and gross domestic product have been on for the past century, well, uh, EVERYWHERE???

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good Post! That Granny knows about politics, duh she's gotta know, she's 97 years old! Ninety Seven Years Old, Wow I don't think any of us posters here will ever reach that age, not even crawling.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Life expectancy does not equal quality of life. Let's not be ridiculous.

And sure, typically the more densely populated a region, the more money that region has. But that does not mean that overpopulating the earth has resulted in everyone, everywhere, living a better life. All that means is that in those dense regions, material standards of living have gone up due to many people specializing in their own trades, and exchanging those goods and serices. But material standards of living say nothing about, say, the environment we live in... air quality sucks in most big cities.

Also, where do you get off assuming that because you are apparently enjoying the highest standards of living that everyone else in the world is in the same boat? You sound extremely disconnected with the reality of the world beyond your own front door.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

Your last paragraph is a total straw man. Oh, and we eradicated polio and a lot of other terrible diseases. Yay us.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh, and by the way... right now, where I live, we are fighting for water, and we are wondering what we are going to do in the next 2 to 3 months when we have no more water. Why? Overdeveloping and overpopulating the region. We are getting a taste of what some people in other parts of the world deal with every day.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

The life expectancy has gone up in the Third World countries as well...I don't think I'm far from you...you guys are still living in large houses...and I'm confident you'll figure out the water problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A few facts on global poverty:

More than one billion people in the world live on less than one dollar a day. In total, 2.7 billion struggle to survive on less than two dollars per day.

Every year six million children die from malnutrition before their fifth birthday.

More than 800 million people go to bed hungry every day...300 million are children.

Grannie D...What a Babe!

Thank you sylvie.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I bet it would be about five times that, proportionally, one hundred years ago.

Awful thread with emotional and poor "logic".

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

you guys are still living in large houses

More places to buy and store all the bottled water. Seriously though, that comment illustrates how far up your rear you must have your head.

haven't you seen the steady upward trend life expectancy and gross domestic product have been on for the past century, well, uh, EVERYWHERE???

Now we are better slaves.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

I give up. You people need to read the "Mean World Syndrome" thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Granny has swung the hammer and hit the nail squarely on the head. I have lived long enough to see a once great country go from one that held the dream of millions around the world, to one I dare say I would not wish upon my worst enemy.

We used to know our neighbors, thanksgiving was a time to truly be thankful for what God had blessed us with and the holiday season truly was magical with peace good will towards our fellow man.

Now they put up Christmas decorations before thanksgiving has even arrived. Christmas wasn't about getting the most expensive gift or only the items you wanted. It was about Christ, family and friends and a hand made gift meant more than one bought.

The country I grew up in has been murdered by apathy. All that is left is only a selfish shell of materialism in its place. Police that no longer know the meaning of "Public Servant", Laws to protect the public from injustice have been turned so that they do not protect. Even being able to help someone without being sued is considered first before help is given.

The final act seems to be in place but the parts we play are up to us. Will we fight to put our values back in place or will we simply set back and watch our favorite TV drivel hoping someone else will do it for us?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Jim Kraken I'm sure I speak for nearly everyone here when I say you're a [SNIP] [SNIP]! Get off your high horse and look past your religious pride for two seconds PLEASE! Anyone that is even a little bit educated can find information on the crusades. She could have picked any religion to make an example of but she didnt, she probably picked her own. All she is saying is people do terrible things in the name of religion IE priests molesting children. It wasn't an attack on your religion but an example of evils triumphs in exploiting it.

I consider myself a christian, I may not be a great one but what granny D says makes perfect sense to me and to most other people here. [SNIP]

Thanx for the post op great find and thankyou granny d!

-----------------------------------------------
Mod Edit - removed censor circumvention and 2 instances of personal attacks

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-and-

from the T&C's;

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 7/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

WoW!!!

Thank you so much for posting this. This Has to be the most wonderful, intelligent and courageous thing I have ever read in my life.

I will take the words of this wonderful women and keep them in my hart for I never knew treasure could gleam so bright.

I have wondered for some time what Integrity could mean. But now I know Grandma D.

Thanks..........

Edit: But I do have to say I think people in America should start having a lot more babies, this is a big world and to say that we are over populating it is kind of like saying there are to many fish in the sea.

That i think global worming is just a natural course for earth. Insects make more co2 than we do.

But still a most Excellent thread.......

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
Another logical error. The world is enjoying it's highest standard of living EVER...the quality of living has gone up with population, not the opposite. Being old does not equate with being right.

I believe in respect for one's elders but groundlessly attack my religion and I'll give you all the respect you deserve-none.

.......you know i was going to type something but i'm not even going to bother.

Just try things without hate for a moment.

Btw I hear the bibles pretty old.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by T0by]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh, no, it's attack of the Atheist Trolls (one of which will almost certainly be banned for his/her puerile comments) ... and you guys still can't put together a rebuttal based off of sound logic.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

Dude, I don't know what board you think you're on but I suggest you read the T&C. Just because you don't agree with another poster does not give you the right to slander him.

As for Granny, I was taught to respect my elders and learn all I could from them. Many of you talk a good game but how much time do you really spend with your grandparents or giving the old guy that sits in the park with his coffee in the morning?

One thing Granny is forgetting and that is the freedom she has to post her manifesto. Another thing; I don't know who is profiting from war but seems it is costing the US a pretty penny.

Overpopulation and poverty? Third world countries churn out babies faster than rabbits and then watch them die. Maybe these people should take some responsibility and keep their pants on. Many women in these countries are forced into sex by the men and then the men just walk away. They need more than just aid and food. Seems so often that the only ones that take time to help are those terrible Christians we all love to hate.

Granny has some great points and I applaud her taking the time to voice them although I think the family of a little girl that just happen to get on the wrong bus on her way to school would tend to disagree with her views on Islam. Yes the people that blow themselves up are in a bad situation but they made the decision to join and follow the leader.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If you don't agree with what granny says and others here on this thread then fine, but quit talking like you know everything and you're right and everybody else is wrong. You're very rude and wouldn't last long in a real face to face conversation. I gave my opinion of what I thought and that was that. Seems like you want to shove your opinion down everybody's throat. Move on to something new and be polite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join