It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've noticed, and I'm sure most of you have too, that in 95% up of responses (be it here or else where) that when we talk of alien life or some form of visitor it's always more evolved, smarter, and advanced than that of anything terrestrial. But, seriously, there is that darkside chance that we are the intelligent life and we'll be the one's or were the ones to make contact first. If they are here, mean, Rosewell cold be a snowballed misconception of what's actually going on. Maybe we need to think and glorify them as being smarter and more advanced then us to bring us hope than might not exist. Just a thought, but I'm more curious about your guy's thoughts on this so..

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Lorn]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Seriously you gotta have some thoughts on this. We, sorry to say, might be the smartest things out there; might not. But it leaves alot of room to wonder, what if we are the dominent?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well thats pretty bad if we're the smartest things in the universe. I actually think there are more intelligent beings out there. I just wish we had the proper equipment to explore other galaxies...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I agree with the "sorry to say.." but maybe we're aproaching the situation wrong. Instead of looking for a future we should find the past. This is just a thought that had arisen in my head more than that couple of times, I was just curious what others thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well humans havent really been around that long. since, if you read lilblams post about time not existing you would understand that better i guess ( i may be waaay off). anyway, space is very big just thinking about it sometimes amazes me. the point is if another life form in a galaxy far far away evolved before us there is a chance that they may be more technologicaly advanced than us, because they have that jump on evolution which is, they where here first. now take into consideration that all this talk of superior aliens are speculations and probablities. add that to human natue, the way we for some reason think we are lesser than what we are. and you can have a pretty good idea as to why people would believe aliens are smarter than us. besides that if you believe in aliens visiting us then you can probably say they are smarter because they made it here when we can hardly leave.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
But if you devolge the lost civilizations and their theories, quite possibly this isn't our first evolution, maybe this is a second go or third. And with time in non-existance that's quite possible. Maybe it's ourselve's checking up on it's kid's or maybe it's our stolen technology from a Rosewell far far away... lol

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Lorn]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ehh its possible, and it could work both ways i guess. but that like everything else is just speculation. i still go with what i said. all these lost civilizations do have somewhat of a time frame, which for us was a long time ago. but imagine(here i go speculating) an alien race of intelligent creatures. that started around the same time one of our "lost" civilizations started. if they werent as divided as humans and worked together they could possibly have advanced at a much quicker pace than us. but its all specualtion and probability.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah that's cool. Mean it was just a thought of mine. But seriously, there's gotta be others reading this post. So post people.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Earth is for real like a Zoo.
Makes you wonder sometimes.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
we cannot be the most intelligent creatures in this universe, because if we were we wouldn't be doing so many stupid things.

looking back at the ancient civilizations, they all seem to have "visitors" who were technologically advanced than us, even some the ancient people who lived on this planet were technologically sophiscated, however all of their advancements seem to follow the "visitations".

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
look at summerians they knew things that for ancient civilaizations were deemed imposible. how could they have possibly known all that they did about space? there must have been some sort of helping hand. and if there was, they the aliens, were helping us. teaching us. maybe getting us jump started on technology and then let us go our own way. either way that would mean they win in the intelligence race.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I know that there are aliens smarter than us, and aliens stupider than us. There must be an infinite number of the races of aliens in the universe!!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And that's a pretty good generalization of the situation. In my opinion, anyway.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Lorn]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT THEY ARE SMARTER AND MORE ADVANCED THEN US BUT THEY ARE WEAKER THEN US THIS IS WHY THEY MUST USE CONTROL OVER US.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Seem a little Gun-ho on that, what about the Reptillian, supposidly used for security in Dulce, which could (going by size) just toss you around like a ragdoll.

new topics

top topics

join