It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And most people still say "We are allone in the universe" yea right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
To say "we are alone in the universe" implies that you have a total understanding and knowledge of the universe.
To say "I believe we are alone" is simply stating your belief.

Personally, I believe the universe is abundent with various life forms, and I'm sure we'll see proof of this very soon. Excellent photo, but remember, this is only a TINY part of our universe too.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
We will someday discover life here. I know it. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Great picture, OP!

However, I must take exception with the title of this thread "And most people still say..." Actually, a majority of Americans DO believe that extraterrestial life is possible. A 2005 survey says the 60% of Americans feel alien life is possible.

Here is a link to a 'space.com' article regarding this survey:
www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
If I were out there waiting and anyone from Earth even took a step closer, I would make sure that they stayed put!

That's why there's no "proof" of other life. We're a destructive species that insists upon killing one another, if not for greed - then power. We're a very child-like species that will not "grow-up" for another thousand years or more. I suspect we'll be contained to this solar system, despite technological developments, until we surpass this stage in our exsistence.

The only question that remains: Will we last that long? Or, we will destory ourselves in the mean-time?

The way things have been going ... my money is on self-destruction. Unless there is a major shift in religious beliefs or the value placed on material items, we'll meet our doom with-in the next century.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

nope all they need to do is bend space time and pull the other part towards the ship, this way you dont need to cross lightspeed,

a warp drive? that ideas been around since at least the 60s but nobody knows how to make one. You may aswell add "stargate" to the list which is like my 2nd suggestion of a stasis device- firmly in science fiction.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
Oh, BTW. When you look at the image (either the 6MB or 700MB versions), check out the right-bottom corner. Its pretty crazy.

Not sure what it is. But it looks like some type of natural phenomenon.

Someone made this comment from a previous post.

this could be a black hole but saturated already with stars or it sucks up the stars and spits them out somewhere else
orrr this could be the other end of a black hole the part that is not dark but shining with stars becouse here is where the stars that it sucked up come together to form a new galaxy...

[edit on 7-12-2007 by newworldnews2007]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am humbled if that's the right word.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's quite amazing how people just say with certainty that we are alone in the universe. I think it would be impossible to know for certain that we are alone in the universe except if proven otherwise of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What was the source indicating most people think/say we're alone in the universe?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
It would be ignorant to say we are absolutely "alone" in the universe.

I'm glad you said that. Seriously.

I work with an ignorant woman who says that we are 'absolutely alone in the universe' and that since other life forms are not mentioned in the bible, then they couldn't possibly exist.

This woman claims that I am the ignorant one .. not her.

:shk: guess she's never actually read the bible .... where'd the nephelim come from??? :shk:

Anyways ... it's refreshing to hear others say what you said.

Oh .. and I recently read that 50% of non-college people understand that there is probably life outside of earth and 65% of college grads understand it. It seems that the more educated you are, the better you understand how big the universe is and what the probabilities are.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We haven't even explored our own Solar System enough to know if life exists in it. Then we have our own Milky way Galaxy that hasn't been explored or completely seen. We have to explore it before we can even reach another galaxy to explore. Our own galaxy is huge!, it's approximately 100,000 light years in diameter and a 1000 light years thick! It includes over 400 billion stars and that's not including the unseen planets and moons that might exist among them. I say we're not alone, but we need to change our human ways before we travel into the Cosmo's with our superior attitudes.

Milky way

[edit on 12/29/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 12/29/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Statistically are we alone? No. As the OP and many others have stated the numbers are there that we are not alone.

Now this is where the mistake is make for many take this statement above and then apply equally to Aliens zooming around our world. When we look at the creation of life it is not an easy process. So far we have not figured out how it actually started and we have not been able to duplicate it in a lab.

That initial spark of the simplest brick of life is something we cannot figure out and then for it to develop into a complicated life form of bacteria is another huge step. So now when you go through all the steps of life to get to intelligent space faring race the odds are well…astronomical.

If you believe that life is extremely rare in the universe and so we must have been seeded by a (the) very advance race as with many other planets then yes we could have a very active universe of intelligent life.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join