It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for "Ahmadinejad: The Movie?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It appears that Oliver Stone wishes to visit Tehran in the hope of securing the right to make a film all about the Iranian President!
According to the website "secrecy news."

"Filmmaker Oliver Stone is expected to visit Tehran in the near future to negotiate arrangements for a film about Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian press reported last week.

"We have announced that he has asked for permission to travel to Iran for direct negotiations and to plan the project," one official told the Tehran Times."

www.fas.org...

Iranian site "press tv" :

“Stone has often expressed his eagerness to make a documentary titled 'The Truth about Ahmadinejad' about the Iranian President,” said film producer Ali-Reza Sajjadpour."

www.presstv.ir...

Ever the controversial film maker,I wonder what we can expect from this movie if it gets the go ahead?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"Bring it on!"

We have nothing to lose from learning about this man. The less we know, the easier it will be for others to dictate public opinion.

You wouldn't deny Iran a movie depicting the life and times of Mr. Bush as made by some outspoken Iranian filmmaker (i wish i had an example but i really know nothing of the Iranian film industry heh), would you?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just hope hey do it truthfully, and dont sugar coat anything!

I wouldnt have a problem with them doing a movie about someone here as long as they tell the trooth too. i am tired of all these Michel moore movies depicting lies. And that new movie about the war.. cant think of the name. They actually show american military raping women, and kids.. makes me sick

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl
I just hope hey do it truthfully, and dont sugar coat anything!

but of course! I've never known Stone to sugar coat anything (i've seen most if not all of his films... )

I wouldnt have a problem with them doing a movie about someone here as long as they tell the trooth too. i am tired of all these Michel moore movies depicting lies. And that new movie about the war.. cant think of the name. They actually show american military raping women, and kids.. makes me sick

Sorry, i guess my wit didn't translate well - i ment to convey the idea of Stone having an Iranian counterpart doing exactly what he's trying to do... only on Bush....

The movie you cannot think of the name? Redacted.
Have you seen it?

(edit - argh - wrong movie name)

[edit on 6-12-2007 by negativenihil]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
no, I wont pay to see it. I dont want to give money to them. I am in the Air Force, and I have been over there. It would make me mad to se that

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I would definitely watch it, he is the elected ruler of Iran, so why not know more about him directly from him, instead of from "news coverage". I wouldn't pay to see it though, Oliver Stone can afford to put out a free documentary.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can't really see the president making much money from the film,but I imagine he will try to use it to portray Iran in a positive light perhaps.
I do wonder what Mr Stone is up to though,it could go either way-depending on his viewpoint.
Should still be interesting though as Oliver Stone does make good movies IMO.
Thanks for the replies!

top topics

join