It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will I Be Famous.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was reading today about some of the new buzzwords that people use, and I was delighted to read about something called a "non-ebrity" which is apparently a term used to describe someone with no talent who has somehow made it into the media - Jade Goody being a classic example.

Perhaps the world is waking up

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was having a read of some old threads, and came across this one.

I thought about it because Big Brother starts next week.

Innumerable weeks of self absorbed wannabe's.

What's worse is that I have to listen to my friends talking about it - and actually discussing it in detail.

Let's face it, gossip is gossip - and that's what BB is.

That's why they pick largely disfunctional people - so that people watching can laugh and point and feel a little superior.

Nope, don't like that show at all - but that won't stop other people gossiping about it all summer, and annoying me with it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I hang with a few celebrities from time to time, mainly rappers, and I can definitly say that most of them are not in it for the fame, they're in it for the money. The fame just happens to be a byproduct because...in order to sell a million records, a million people have to know who you are. Some can deal with fame better than others. Its really all about money either way you look at it. The do nothing celebrities have so much money already that the media focuses on them because of it, or because they buy their fame. And yeah, some of them thrive on it, i.e. Paris Hilton and some can't stand the byproduct of it, i.e. Britney Spears.

However I can tell you that in the music business, the fame and money is well deserved and takes hard work to get. It is by no means easy, and the people that are on top really deserve to be there and have worked very hard to get there, regardless of whether or not you think they suck or you think they don't deserve it. And if, as an average consumer, you don't understand this, its not your fault, you just haven't experienced it. Otherwise, why isn't everyone rich and famous? You really have to be on top of your business to even make it in the industry. Either that or have an assload of money to throw around.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The point is, these people are not celebrities, but desperately want to be.

Hence the point of the show.

A fleeting glimpse of fame and then back to obscurity.

Simply because they have no talents - there's no justification for giving a talentless person fame for fames sake.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join