It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad - Prophet or Profiteer of God?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Hmmm...and many early Christian elders brought 'young virgins' and 'widowers' into their homes to 'look after' them. Which was widely rumored at the time to be an excuse for sexual relations with them; and eventually had to be stopped after a few hundred years because of all the.. ahem...'problems' inherent with this behaviour. So what is your point exactly? That an organised religion is corrupt?? Heh! That applies equally well to the christian religion too. Heck, most organised religions can be tarred with the same brush.

j

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

But that link is the same as what you wrote! It says exactly what you quoted, without paying attention to history. And newswithviews.com is a conservative, christian-right website, hardly the best place to learn about such controversial things. It is a fact of history (as can be corroborated by any proper, unbiased book of history), that the 'muslim marauders', instead of 'uprooting' any jews, allowed them back for the first time since they had been expelled by the Romans and kept out by the Byzantians.

babloyi, it appears I must concede this point. This dialogue clearly exposes the pitfalls of not fully vetting borrowed material, regardless of whether it conforms to ones own beliefs.

I appreciate your insight and generosity as I am certainly the beneficiary thereof.

May truth prevail

Cybrseer

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cybrseer

Heh, no problem! I'll just wait till the favour can be repaid with you giving me some new, unknown info

If I had the opportunity to somehow gain a superpower, omniscience would be it for me also. In the mean time, I'll just read, watch and experience.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

thanks ashley----my wife and i are temporarily in canada but israel is home.

we have walking fox and 9 others on ignore because what they have to say doesn't interest us-----we have nothing in common with them------yet------maybe after the next holocaust we might see eye to eye

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The more I read the more it seems that Islam is more of a cult of pedophiles than a real religion, where 12 and 13 year old girls are regularly married to old men for political favors.

Could you imagine being a 12 year old boy and being married to a friend of your Grandma's and forced to repeatedly have sex with a fifty year old woman, kissing and comforting her aging sagging old body? What a horror for these young girls forced into these marriages. Even Mohammad himself bedded a nine year old girl.

Here is an article on the current situation in Germany.

www.iht.com...

Personally, I think the people of the free world should be putting a serious effort into freeing the daughters of the Muslim world from the prison that the religion creates for them. Those who don't want to modernize can certainly remain where they are, but we should make sure that as girls come of age, they are giving the opportunity to make their own choices.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The more I read the more it seems that Islam is more of a cult of pedophiles than a real religion, where 12 and 13 year old girls are regularly married to old men for political favors.

Could you imagine being a 12 year old boy and being married to a friend of your Grandma's and forced to repeatedly have sex with a fifty year old woman, kissing and comforting her aging sagging old body? What a horror for these young girls forced into these marriages. Even Mohammad himself bedded a nine year old girl.

This is really no different than what used to go on in Europe during the middle ages. The main problem that I see is that most of the Arabic world is still living 1000 years in the past. They are identified by their tribel link than nationalistc ones. Until they decide to come out and join the 21st century and realize that many of their laws and customs are better suited for a small nomadic group instead of sophisticated urban dwellers, they will still live one step away from caves.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join