It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shopping Mall Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Shopping Mall Massacre

www.cbc.ca

Mall Killer: 'Now I'll Be Famous'

The gunman who killed eight people in a shopping centre, before turning the gun on himself, left a suicide note predicting he would be famous after his massacre.

Paramedics move the woundedRobert A Hawkins, who reportedly suffered from depression, went on the rampage in a busy department store full of Christmas shoppers in Omaha, Nebraska.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ketv.com
www.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com
news.sky.com

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So another depressed teenager goes on a shooting rampage then kills himself. This sort of thing is starting to become a form of pop-culture and that worries me deeply. The shooter wanted to be famous, and he will be infamous, that much is certain. How many more times?

It is not mentioned in any of the reports, but I am willing to bet this troubled young man was on some form of anti-depressants; conveniently that fact will be swept under the rug. The weapon used is being described as an "SKS style assault rifle". Now anyone who knows anything about firearms will tell you that the SKS is NOT an assault rifle. It seems the anti-gun lobby will get their pound of flesh from this one.

When will we as a society deal with the root cause of this sort of thing? This didn't happen a few decades ago. When will we acknowledge that the problem is not that of a single sick individual, but that of a sick society, one that lives in fear, worships at the altar of violence, and medicates any troublesome emotions? One that can drive individuals to the depths of despair and offer them no hope? How many more times?

My thoughts and sympathies go out to the families of the victims.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

something rotten with modern society indeed

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Already under discuusion here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, closing this one.

top topics

join