It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

got the Flue :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
out of all the times to get the flue
i have to get it on the week that a important assignment is due

this truely sucks

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Eat raw, organic, red bell pepper. I know it's probably gross for you, but slam enough of that, maybe some fresh squeezed lemon juice every few hours. That should do the trick. Kick that flu's ass.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Red bell pepper? Meh. That's for pansies. Find a South East Asian grocer and look for those little dynamites. Thai pepper.

Around here we sometimes call it Cilii Api (Fire Chilli)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I heard that red bell pepper has the highest concentrate of vitamin C of any vegetable or fruit in the world. And it probably doesn't kill you, as your Thai pepper surely would. Haha.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
And the lemon should be squeezed and with some grade D maple syrup or just straight if you can handle it. That's how I drink mine, but that # makes hair grow on my chest! I felt a slight flu coming on last year, overdosed on fresh lemon juice and bell pepper and within hours I was fine.

Who knows how strongly the power of mind comes into play though.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

no matter how ,uch i am suffering
i dont do Chilli pepper
Orange juice cant even taste the flaver

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Two words.
Chicken Soup!
I'm tellin' you and stuff. It really does work!
Feel better my friend.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's not a chili. It is a tasteless pepper. Don't do orange, as it's Vitamin C level is far lower than believed. Damn you, Bodrul... Just listen to me.

Eat red peper. Seeds if you can.
Fresh squeeze lemon juice.

Call me in the morning.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So sorry you are not feeling well.

Drink lots of liquids including chicken broth, hot tea with lemon and honey and eat a raw onion sandwich at least 3 times a day.

Feel Better Soon

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Chicken soup is terrible for you in any case. It's an overload of sodium. And with all the preservatives and iodine salt, it's really not good for your body to process. Most people feel better after drinking it because it creates an immediate ph balance, but with everything else that's processed, you'll dive in an out of feeling "better."

Onions might be good too. Tons of anti-oxidants and important minerals.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I believe I said chicken broth not chicken soup. It's made by cooking a chicken in a pot of water.

I would never suggest a can of chicken soup. Lord only knows what other horrors besides salt it might have in it.

My son is 39 and my daughter is 34. The good hot chicken broth never failed to help make their noses run and their coughs more productive when I was raising them.

They always thought it was the chicken and dumplings I made from the rest of the chicken broth that helped them feel better.

The onions I learned about from an old German woman sometime around the mid 1960's. I could not get my children to eat the onion sandwiches.

If I remember correctly the FDA has given strong warning against most cough and cold medicines for children in the past few months. Something about them being ineffective. Gee, it sure took them a long time to respond to my complaints from 30 years ago.

IMHO natural remedies are much better for our bodies than the poison drug companies push on us.

Here's to your Health

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Right.

I wonder if we could set up a double blind test and see how they compare to each other.

I wonder how our suggestions stack up against the pharmacy's..

[edit on 7-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What about garlic, DFB? They say it's good for everything. You got any dirt on garlic?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Big fan of garlic. Just have some Trident on hand afterwards.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Nothing works better than Garlic.I have studied natural remedies for a decade...and nothing even comes close.
Especially if you add lots of it to chicken soup.
Also, orange juice mixed with pomegranate juice.Nice and potent.
Kick that flu bug in the ass.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
just been to the docs and turns out i also have a infection :shk:
got the Pills (Had to pay) so i need to fill in my d12 or something asap which shows i am a full time student so the NHS pay

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I just read about your infection. Yikes!
Thank goodness you had the smarts to head to the Doctor! I'm a bonehead that way. I rarely go unless I need to be carried.

You get better my good man. Positive energy coming your way from the bozo man.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

thanks

one reason i like ATS

not short of friendly people

new topics

top topics

join