It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speeding police 'not prosecuted'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Speeding police 'not prosecuted'

news.bbc.co.uk

Roadside camera photographs of South Yorkshire Police officers caught speeding, but who later had their cases dropped.

The pictures were released after South Yorkshire's chief constable, Meredydd Hughes, was banned from driving for speeding at 90mph in a 60mph zone.

Those in cars caught on camera were all on duty but none was prosecuted after refusing to say who was at the wheel.

The force said cases were not pursued due to drivers not being identified.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Typical.

One rule for them, one rule fore everyone else.

And if I remember rightly, you can be charged for failing to give the name of the driver at the time too, yet this still sis not seem to occur in all the cases.

And I just love this excuse

"risk that those individuals will be vilified and as a consequence their mental or physical health will suffer"

Think I'll remember to use that one if I ever need it... Makes you wonder how often the police use that one themselves..

So as you can say nothing in case you incriminate yourself you can use the above excuse too... nice combination of self defense there..

But they'll still probably find a way around it..

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Being in a few situations through out my life, you learn real quick that they don't rat on each other, and the same should go for you and yours. They're as tight knit as any gang, except they walk the streets with guns and impunity.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah, this sucks, I'm sure the rule for us plebs, is if you don't name the driver, then the person who owns the car gets the points/fine.

When the officers take a car out, someones name will be taken as being in receipt of the car (and if they aren't that's a whole other issue to be addressed) and they should be considered as the temporary owner of the car.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This cop was busted near by local town in Wales,although he is a cop from the south.
He had already been busted twice before for speeding!He already had racked up 6 points!
If you or I get busted 3 times for speeding we would get a 6-12 month ban.FACT.
I except the police do sometimes need to go fast,but this guy is a serial offender whilst off duty it appears.
Again and again this type of thing happens in the UK,the police get away with murder...sometimes literally.
But if you or I do the same--we get the book thrown at us!

"Do as I say,not as I do!" say the UK police,councils and government.

top topics

join