It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!Most Worthy Opponent!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Abovetopsecret.com has ruined my life. I am now a discussion junkie. I devote a disgusting amount of my spare time on here ever since it's become so cold and have come across some considerable "opponents."

I was wondering..

Who do you consider your most worthy opponent in discussion/debate/argument and WHY?

This should be interesting for everybody!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'll go first...

Tom_Bedlam, I'm calling you out. This dude knows more than anybody in the history of "knowing stuff." I hardly ever feel challenged and the only times where I felt I was in trouble was engaging Tom in a pretty serious discussion concerning health. It's a humbling experience being so cocksure and stepping outside your boundaries of knowledge only to get punched in the gut by a guy who's obviously more fit at the time than you. Though, nothing but respect has been given between us, and I believe that's how it should be.

Knowledge is power, and engaging people like him as often as possible can only lead to a better understanding of the subject.

Oh, and Pavil.. I smoked you on the "Hezbollah/Israeli 'spear' incident" issue. But, if it makes you feel any better, you definitely made me scramble and taught me a few things in the process. You're recognition is also due here. Very formidable opponent, especially in discussion involving weaponry.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
For me it would have to be Benevolent Heretic. It's not so much her 'knowing stuff' that intimidates me, it's her wisdom when it comes to subtle, hard to pin down, non-empirical stuff.

Every other person I meet knows something I don't, so it's not really an issue with me. But BH is wise. That's rare.

Too bad she hasn't posted here in a long time.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Who needs wisdom when you have arrogance?

P.S.

Humility and wisdom is probably something I should really work on. I seem t be pissing more people off than I am garnering any sort of respect. I just get all "ATS'Y" when I hit that "log in" tab.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Haha! You're not half as bad as The Imitator of God... you know who I'm talking about?

Speaking of which, where is that bloke? He hasn't authored as many threads as he used to.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

He's sleeping probably. Last time I heard, he was going on 3 days without sleep.

E-god's sleep?

Not I.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't have a most worthy opponent on ATS.

I don't see discussions as contests, I see them as learning experiences.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

And I see internet communities as to be taken lightly.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm nothing if not full of lightness and joy while here. See my mood?

I don't have opponents, because I'm not out to beat anyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

You're taking the term to heart. This is all for fun, as you saw my post. This is more about respect in discussion with a little bit of sensationalism in the headline.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The irony is that I'm just having a bit of fun with you.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Although I have never found myself on a arguement with him, SemperFortis is one of the best I have seen here, SimusDei being another.

A couple that I always find myself engage with but I have a lot of respect are Bodrul, Nefermore, Marg6043.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some of my most worthy opponents on these boards I've listed as friends in my profile.

I don't like to argue with people a lot, and if your opinion differs from mine it only gives me a chance to look at the other side of the issue while keeping an open mind.

If you see any foes in my profile it's because they've made a statement in a post I grievously disagree with, or felt hurt by a reply from them.
You could post me as a foe and I won't "tit for tat".

Any member that can teach me something and help me on my journey through life is an important friend to me even if we disagree at times.

I've only listed a few members as a foe since that feature was started, and "My Sock Puppet" is my own sock puppet.
(I wonder what Sigmund would have to say about that ???)

I do notice that almost anyone I've listed as a foe becomes a "Banned Member" shortly after...

EDIT: I like to edit...

[edit on 6/12/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

He's around........somewhere.

HERETIC!

Jasn

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Although I have never found myself on a arguement with him, SemperFortis is one of the best I have seen here, SimusDei being another.

A couple that I always find myself engage with but I have a lot of respect are Bodrul, Nefermore, Marg6043.

I second that. Meaning Semper, Bodrul and Nefermore of course.

Marg I just don't know and SimiusDei is just untouchable in the "memorable, self-praising p*ick" department.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I had to give you a star. Although, I was irritated and had taken it too personally, I feel exactly the same way. And everybody knows that BTS is where we all drop out egos and let our hair down(The first never applies and the second always applies to SimiusDei). Just shooting the # here at BTS.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Why should I drop my ego?

I'm not the one that gave it to myself.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

You know how I feel about this.

FTH.

They're just jealous your realm of knowledge and understanding could uproot their house. At least, that's the way I see it.

And by "your" I mean "mine."

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by SimiusDei

And by "your" I mean "mine."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA f'n CLASSIC!

Crazy haters be hatin us cuz we knows whats up. (

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Don't have many real "opponents" here.

I seem to always end up in threads with great content from DFB and Semper though.

Most of mine would be over in the Politics forum, xpert and bodrul come to mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join