It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite muscle car?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase 3.5

for those unfamiliar, it was the fastest 4 door production car at the time.

en.wikipedia.org...

and for those who thin HO means Handling Option or High Output--NO! it the sound in makes into the corner and out of the corner: "Huuuuuurrrrrr" then "Orrrrrrrrrrrrr" lol

Yes......not bad..not bad. I owned an LJ GTR XU1 myself. Used to give those big 'ol Falcons a run for their money.....heh, heh.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a 1976 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

What can I say, I'm a Firebird fanatic! I have a 1979 Firebird (base model) I've torn to shred and began to very slowly try to build up.

Though, I did own a 1979 Ford Mustang with a 2.3 liter 4 cyl Turbo and a 4 speed manual, bright orange with a black interior and trim, was kinda cool.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight

What can I say, I'm a Firebird fanatic! I have a 1979 Firebird (base model) I've torn to shred and began to very slowly try to build up.

Though, I did own a 1979 Ford Mustang with a 2.3 liter 4 cyl Turbo and a 4 speed manual, bright orange with a black interior and trim, was kinda cool.

Haha I can relate to that,,I've stripped down an Opel Manta B to a bare shell to completely rebuild.

You may not consider it a muscle car in the true sense of the American definition but I'd say it could be counted.When I've finished building it and it has,as I intend,@300bhp it'll certainly have the performance to take on the wildest of muscle cars plus have the road holding/handling ability far exceeding a Charger or a Mustang.lol

Here's a pic of one,,mine has no wings,bonnet and half the rear arches and flanks removed right now ~ not an appealing photo !!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My favorite muscle car is Pontiac GTO.I like this car very much.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hmm right now It will have to be a 1966 Toronado.

66 Toronado

The 68 dodge Charger was awesome too though!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
'68 Roadrunner/Superbee; '69 Mustang gt 500; '69 GTO Judge

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good, yet tough question! That's like asking what set of boobs or band is my fav...Hmmmm...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Amazed that I haven't seen it listed here yet................. 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T.

Kowalski white was not a standard option when this beauty came out -- it was adapted for the movie. I had an opportunity to bid on one 20 or so years ago at a GSA auction, and that remains one of my few regrets, that I bid $900 less than the winning bid. Missing out on the 1964 Amphicar was one of the others.

ETA: The car in the video is a replica, but a really good one.
edit on 1/2/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is my all time favorite muscle car:

1967 Shelby GT 500 baby!!
AKA Eleanor

I named my 1998 Mustang Eleanor hehe.. I call her Ellie for short. She is however going into "storage" since I'm pregnant and can't really drive her right now. I now have a PT Cruiser I call Betty lol.

edit on 2/1/2013 by mblahnikluver because: add another pic

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is my money pit, or what my wife calls my girlfriend. It's a 1970 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with a 351 that I named Suzi.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Did you see the rumored 2015 Barracuda?

www.caranddriver.com...

For me its been the 69 429 boss mustang for as long as I can remember.

edit on 2-2-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

there was a movie out recently which used modified challengers in it as cop cars, they looked great with a matt black paint etc

I think the movie was called "in time"

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
in our hearts of hearts, we all know what the best muscle car is

bloody gorgeous

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight

I have an 80 Formula (pic in avatar). I've always love 2nd gen F bodies, especially Firebirds, as far as classic muscle cars go, you'll be hard pressed to find one that handles better than a 79-81 Firebird with the WS6 option, an easy way to tell if your car has that option is if it has 4 wheel disc brakes. However, there was a short lived WS7 option in 79 that had all the WS6 goodies, but had rear drum brakes. My Formula (aka Lucille II, aka The Fireturkey) has the WS6 option, but it was a 301 car, so I swapped that out for a 330 horse sbc, Next in line will be shorter final drive gear, it's a 2.41 right now, I'd like it to be around a 3.35.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

When I was little my dad had an Opel Manta like that with the inline 6 from the Opel GT. Wasn't a drag racer, but it had a lot of top end and handled pretty good, I like old Opels, the Opel GT was a cool car, and was marketed as a poor man's Corvette, I'd like to get ahold of one of those someday.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

"And there goes the Challenger, being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels. The vicious traffic squad cars are after our lone driver, the last American hero, the electric centaur, the, the demi-god, the super driver of the golden west! Two nasty Nazi cars are close behind the beautiful lone driver. The police numbers are gettin' closer, closer, closer to our soul hero, in his soul mobile, yeah baby! They about to strike. They gonna get him. Smash him. Rape... the last beautiful free soul on this planet." Super Soul.

Man, that's number 3 or so in my all time favorite cars, and movies for that matter! A white, 4-speed, 440, Challenger R/T... the stuff wet dreams are made of...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would have thought I'd have posted in this thread. Late but here. There's only one imo. 69 Charger:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

pretty.......

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join