It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Rockefeller talks about World Government...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ok, I think most people on this board are familiar with the David Rockefeller quote taken from his "Memoirs" book where he says:

"For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

I showed this quote to a friend of mine, and he thinks he has basically "shot down" my theory that David Rockefeller admitted to being involved with the plans for a one-world government. Here is what my friend said, please let me know what you think about it:

"That quote only furthers the weakness of your argument. Clearly he means that he is guilty of being an “internationalist,” and advocates liberalism in the European since of the word with respect to economies. He’s basically defending the concept of globalization. Why do you think he refers to his opponents as extremists? Duh, because he isn’t referring to world domination, nor dominating American institutions when he says he’s “guilty,” he’s simply defending his families pursuit of a more cooperative world through increased economic and political ties. You ever heard of the UN, World Bank, or IMF? Even our enemies are part if the UN. You can get the same quote in the NY Times, Journal, or any mainstream op-ed page every day from someone said to be prominent.

He’s saying he’s the opposite of an ideologue, and that his agenda has merit."

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Globalization is inevitable, and largely already here as your friend points out, but what it looks like and how it works ought not to be determined by corporations. They don't have the interest of the American citizen at heart. They are not committed to the US Constitution. They are obligated to their shareholders and bound by law to drive profitability. When the corporatists are the ones that draft the trade laws and policies, they do so at the detriment of our sovereignty. We get things like NAFTA and CAFTA and increased illegal immigration and guest worker programs which work to undercut unions and American labor. If they had benevolent intentions, they wouldn't need to meet in secret as they do with Bilderberg group.

join