It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Video Reset "Zeitgeist" Counter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
video.google.com.au...

It doesn't have over 40,000 views, it has been viewed over 5.5 Million times (was nearing 6 million last time I took a look.)

Each time they are caught doing this, they simply say there was an error with their computers.

We have to make it heard, we aren't going to stand for any sort of censorship.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Virtually ALL 9/11, political, historical, and banking style documentaries have their numbers reset constantly.

It's the same on google and youtube.

Very obvious tampering. If they're not guilty, why do they keep trying to cover their tracks?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aelphaeis_mangarae

It's still debunked. Jesus wasn't born on Christmas Day, and most of the books they cite couldn't find mainstream publication because they used bad scholarship.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never really grasped the whole Jesus thing at the beginning. Maybe I just have to watch it again. But the latter was interesting.

They reset the counters, as noted, for many videos like this.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i was the first person to upload more than a handful of conspiracy related videos, and I've seen this happen to lots of my counters recently as well. They were all set to 0 within the last few weeks, not sure when.

One of them was well over 10million views. It's only been keeping count for the last 2 days now, and it's already at 2000 views again.

This is how they keep important stuff at the bottom of the list, and the clips of underage girls dancing to the top.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I know, they keep reseting the viewcount, or just make it stop progressing.
So a 'endgame' is still only at 297,530.
That is simply impossible that it is so low.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
the whole broader idea seems to be that big business, which google has now become, does not want people to know that others feel the way they do. this keeps people quiet about their ideas and eliminates human contact. When there is a huge unprecedented protest in a city the media refuses to cover it. It's also a "reliable" source of information if anyone was to put up an argument against Zietgeist's claims, that it only has 20,000 hits from psycho conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What a strange thing to happen. I don't know much about
the counter and it's implications, but i can gather that it must
show how popular a video is based on it's raw data of simply
counting the views.

Are you sure that other simple videos outside of anything conspiracy
like are not being tampered as well.

Also does this effect search results?! Example: since the number is
very low or even reset to zero, does this make it not come up when
searching for it?!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just a thought.. maybe the counter variable can only hold so big of a number before the system reverts back to zero much like software variables do that can't hold large numbers. Something to do with integer values maybe? I don't really know much about web coding though.
I look at it this way if the number gets that large and gets reset then that goes to show how many people *are watching* these videos

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I had 3 of my videos just reset to 0 after they reached 15,000. They are not conspiracy types though. I just googled the topic of resets and found this post.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hm, flagged. One of the reasons why i can see them resetting the counters is to try and get those videos to fade away.

Once they reset those counters, when someone goes to youtube and the like, instead of seeing these "conspiracy" type videos when you want to see the most watched movies..you get a bunch of BS.

The internet is a great tool, but it wasn't understood how this median would replace mainstream TV. Now they are doing damage countrol. Slick s.o.b.s!

new topics

top topics

join