It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis...is it affected by your spiritual life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Text PinkTextI suffered from sleep paralysis for about three years.... An experience I wish upon no one. Although each experience was slightly different from the other.. most of the symptoms were the same.. I could not move... but I wanted to.. I could not scream.. though I tried.. and I kept telling myself I have to get up.. I would wake up look around the room.. actually rise my head up ,, and then as if by force feel my head go back down and I would close my eyes. this struggle would seem to last last for ever.. I had my first experience when I was 18 just before I really turned my life from God and went down a very dark path..I want to say I had this experience about 10 or more times in the three years that I suffered from this..Each time I felt mentally tortured.. scared and as if someone was in the room with me.. one of the times it was day light already outside and everytime I would open my eyes I would try and see what was in the room at the foot of my bed... after three very rough years of my life.. I turned my life back to Christ, while I was still very new in my faith the episodes started to happen back to back.. only they were not as intense.. it was to the point where I was afraid to sleep bc I did not want to face what would happen to me.. it made me pray more and more.. I can safely say that I have not had this experience since april of this year.. I told my dad about it and he told me that he had heard stories of this on the radio station coast to coast and it is known as sleep paralysis.. soo I researched it a little and most of the symptoms and experience seem to be right on with what I had... now... my question is.. do you think it has anything to do with the paranormal or that its spiritual.. bc I for one do not know what to think.. it seemed very spriritual for me but at the same time... I was under a lot of stress and a little depressed during these times... I would like an explanation..

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Neariah]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis affected me on a fairly regular basis all throughout my childhood and up into my late teens. There is a plausible medical explanation for this happening to someone, which you can read all about here. There's many things you can do to help avoid it happening. For me, falling asleep during the day or in direct sunlight often triggered it as I believe those factors interfered with my sleeping deeply enough and/or waking up properly. It's a natural, if abnormal feeling occurrence. Still, I can sympathize with you, it's a completely terrifying experience.

Dae

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Weirdly for me yeah. My SP stopped completely when I decided to become lacto-vegetairan for a spirtual path I was following at the time. I had total trust in God and not a peep of SP (I also experienced intense pain during mine). I have since left that path and eat meat and it came back. Not like how it was before and this time I had to learn to relax and brave it though by myself - try relaxing with SP is bad enough but with intense pain too - sheesh.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
what kind of pain are we talking about here?????????

Dae

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ive posted about it before, so Ill just put up the link to the thread thats its in My First Out of Body Experience. Not my thread btw

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I've experienced this many times.
Fell asleep, woke up, but wasn't. I couldn't move, couldn't talk, and couldn't help to feel that there was someone staring down at me beside my bed. A few times I heard weird noises, but couldn't do jack about it. The last time this had happened to me, I actually got up, and I could see myself lying there, staring at myself?! Not sure what happened, but it was weird. Not sure what the cause. The last time it happened was a few weeks ago. I was meaning to post of it, but didn't.

Hope all goes well for you.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MadSeason313

seriously that is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard... you were lookin down at your own body??? ok and the post before that someone else said the same thing.... you def should have posted about it... would have saved me a posting..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I believe that sleep paralysis is a demonic attack on you while you are unconscience and that because it is spiritual it awakens your spirit and mind and your body remains asleep. The only way that I have been able to keep it from happening to me is to praying that God would protect with me this blood of Jesus while I was sleeping. I have also used to annointing oil and annointed myself before going to sleep. I believe that it is a generational curse and that only the Lord can protect you from it!

top topics

join