It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US Trying to Provoke Israel into Military Action Against Iran??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This may seem really "outside the box", but what if President Bush is purposely trying to provoke Israel into starting a military conflict with Iran? With the recent NIE report AND the whole Annapolis Conference debacle the US has suddenly and radically changed its policies in the Middle East. It appears that the US no longer sees Iran’s nuclear program as an immediate and deadly threat and isn't going to launch a military strike to stop it. It also appears that the US is moving closer to the Palestinians and Arab states and further away from Israel.

Since Israel sees an existential threat from Iran they will undoubtedly have to take some action at some time to eliminate that threat. If they can't get their "big buddy" the US to "take out" Iran for them, they will have to do it themselves. And, if they truly believe that the US has abandoned them there will be no incentive to delay this action while waiting for more sanctions or negotiations.

If this gambit works and Israel launches an attack, the US will undoubtedly be drawn into it as some point. We will be coming to the aid of our ally in need rather than starting another war. The fact that the US sacrificed Israel like a pawn in a chess game will not matter because the war with Iran will have already started.

I know this sounds truly sinister and I am in no way promoting the idea, but could it be happening? I am interested in what other ATS folks think about this.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I dont know about provoke,
but this whole media storm about '' we believe they halted work ''

rah rah rah, in my mind is nothing but a smoke screen.

good cop bad cop.

it just doesnt feel right for a nation to activley accuse and dictate to one.. then change their mind over night.

Its happening for the publics benefit

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Thank you for the reply Agit8d -

A "smoke screen" is a good description. I think it is way too early to start celebrating that there will be no war with Iran.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Good conspericy theory but how is Israel gonna attack Iran without flying through US occupied aispace in Iraq? will the US let them?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think israel is "chomping at the bit" to go to war with Iran as long as she has Big Brother USA backing her up.
Israel views Iran as a direct threat to her existence and would love nothing more that to do their own "Shock and Awe".

I think the US is actually restraining Israel....for the time being.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The US and Israel are conspiring. Israel is dying for confrontation in the Middle East. I'm sure they'll get what they want one way or another.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Israel knows well enough not to enter "Allied" airspace without the proper F.O.F- coding.

Without it, they would be shot down just like an Iranian jet.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
More like Isreal is trying to get the US to fight Iran.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Good conspericy theory but how is Israel gonna attack Iran without flying through US occupied aispace in Iraq? will the US let them?

Interesting question. I see a couple of possiblilties.

1. The whole thing, including the NIE report and the Annapolis Meeting was scripted out some time ago. The US knows exactly what Israel is going to do and when and will do nothing to stop it.

2. At some point Israel will ask the US for permission to overfly Iraq. We will either give them outright permission to do so - or - experience some kind of software malfunction or other rare "snafu" that prevents us from stopping them.

3. Israel will totally go it alone and find some way around Iraqi airspace. This could even mean they would choose a missile attack rather than a bomber attack. Does Israel have any missiles that can be launched from a ship?

4. Israel could opt for some kind of covert special operations attack rather than an air attack. They seem to be pretty good at sneaking guys all over the area.

Any Israeli attack on Iran probably wouldn't even need to be very destructive to provoke a reaction from Iran that starts a major war.

new topics

top topics

join