It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Will Not Wage War on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I found this article to be interesting after what has been found out with Iran's nuke program and what Bush administration is saying.

Any thoughts?

"there will be no war with Iran during the Bush administration."

USA Will Not Wage War on Iran.

The latest National Intelligence Estimate on Iran was the final factor in a military equation that now appears to guarantee that there will be no war with Iran during the Bush administration. It meshes with the views of the operational types at the Pentagon, who have steadfastly resisted the march to war led by some Administration hawks. The anti-war group was composed of Defense Secretary Robert Gates; Admiral Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs; and Admiral William Fallon, who oversees the U.S. forces that would have had to wage that war.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess they will wait until an Iranian made nuke takes out New York City

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Dude, get over it. Every single alphabet agency agrees, Iran stopped trying to make a bomb four years ago. The score is still 11,000 nuclear warheads to zero and they're no threat to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Since the end of World War 2 the USA has every decade waged war on some country

1950's - Korea
1960's - Vietnam
1970's - still Vietnam
1980's - Grenada
1990's - Iraq
2000 - Iraq and Afghanistan

Looking forward I would guess that "A" Country somewhere sometime after 2010 will be targetted for destruction.

A point I would like to forward is that as soon as the military industrial complex has some new technology to trial in a theatre the war drums rumble. Im gambling that the next roll out will include a Triangular Re-entry vehicle capable of out flying anything currently acknowledged as existing.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This NIE report and other recent events appear to be positive news. However, there are still way too many "players" in the Middle East with way too many agendas for us to relax. If everything stays relatively quiet for the next few months I will feel a lot better.

I think at this time it would be more correct to say, "USA Will Not START a War with Iran."

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

I think at this time it would be more correct to say, "USA Will Not START a War with Iran."

In essence, that is what I believe they were trying to convey but maybe I read it wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by itguysrule

In essence, that is what I believe they were trying to convey but maybe I read it wrong.

Actually, you are right. One of the definitions of "wage" as in to wage war is "instigate." My bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I dont see what the big news is here. Who vere said the US WAS going to attack Iran except for all the paranoid anti-US posters here on ATS. Looks like now they are wrong...and for some sick reason they are also probably disappointed.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It has been my opinion through the entire affair with Iran that the U.S. will not attack Iran. This latest news simply reinforces my belief. Remember, North Korea tried to provoke an attack by the U.S. and also failed.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We will not start a War, but if Isreal goes to war with Iran we( the USA) are an ally so the US will be involved.

IF Isreal fires the first shot on Iran, look out . With the Fifth naval fleet sitting in the Gulf all the US ships are sitting ducks if IRAN actually has the "sunburst" missles that are made to take out destroyers and carriers within a range of 125 miles.

I have been following these events every chance I can get . We all better hope that some Idiot in the whitehouse or on one of the aircraft carriers dont get carried away and push the wrong button.

Lets just hope it never happens.

new topics

top topics

join