It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As many as five people have been shot at a shopping mall in Omaha, Nebraska

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Um this is becoming a trend around the globe

"Shoot others, kill yourself later"

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Yeah I know. Everybody wants to be famous even if they have to kill to do it. It's really sad and I don't understand it

I could never kill anyone like that. I would have to be protecting myself or family in self defense if I ever had to kill someone. And I hope I never have to do that.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My thoughts go out to the people of Omaha and to the familes involeved.

In situations like this you just wish that there is someone in the situation that can do something about it, an off duty oficer, or somebody with a Conciled Firearm.

Just tragic.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I'm telling you, man... this was no "crazed loner". They will play it off as that. They always use that card. Don't buy what they're selling. I'm absolutely positive in my gut that this was some gov't MKULTRA thing... I mean, coincidence that the President was there a half hour earlier?

Argh, can't any alternative news (public shooting news) be posted on ATS without it being turned into some conspiracy?

Odds of it being a genuine nutcase are pretty good. Do you think there are MORE mind controlled zombies than there are nutbags? I dont.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by unnamedninja]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Vote Police State 2008!

The age of fear leading to control. What a horrible thing this is. He was either afraid of dying or he was conditioned to die.

Nothing we can do. One person stands up, you're crazy... you stand up with others, you're either killed or imprisoned (you're not thinking clearly... you may instigate terror).

I know America is still here under all the lies, pain, and money... isn't she?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
One thing that's obvious is all suicide killers have one thing in common, they are willing to kill themselves. From a psychological point of view for someone to have such a mindset their value of human life must be totally skewed in a negative way, however its unclear to me why someone like this would want to kill others?

As the saying goes change the way you think and the world around you changes too and I sincerely hope the next gun-tooting madman who comes along realises this before its too late!

My heart truly, truly goes out to all those families who have been effected by this especially at this time of year.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by freeradical]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
NO GUNS ALLOWED!! No guns allowed in the mall
The sign outside the mall says " This is a gun free zone " no guns allowed. There will never be a law that will keep guns out of criminals hands. But when you don't let people who have a license to carry a consealed weapon into a public place like the mall, then there's no protection for the public people against people like Robert Hawkins. I feel for his family and the families that lost their loved ones at the mall, but some lives might have been saved if law abiding citizens could carry their weapons with them. The laws need to change or at least the security at the malls need to carry weapons to protect the public from losers who don't care about the gun laws. Sorry to get on about the no guns allowed but we should always have the right to bare arms, even in this situation. I'm really hurt deep inside that these good people were shopping at a mall and next thing you know they're gone.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
There will never be a law that will keep guns out of criminals hands. But when you don't let people who have a license to carry a consealed weapon into a public place like the mall, then there's no protection for the public people against people like Robert Hawkins.

As much as I hate to say it, but allowing regular citizens to carry concealed weapons in places like that can only result in more, not less deaths. More guns = more shots fired = more deaths.

Can you imagine what would happen if everyone in there was carrying concealed? The crazy starts firing shots, one guy pulls his gun and shoots the crazy, some guy sees that happen and shoots the guy who shot the crazy. Before you know it everyone is shooting at each other not knowing who the hell started it.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

There are states that allow citizens to carry concealed weapons. Based on statictics are you saying those states have a higher rate of shootings by these citizens?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

There are states that allow citizens to carry concealed weapons. Based on statictics are you saying those states have a higher rate of shootings by these citizens?

I'll take a wild guess and assume that the laws on carrying concealed are more relaxed in states which have less shootings in them. Like Texas and Utah. Sorry to any Americans who think I'm making wild generalizations, because I am. I dont have much more than a basic idea about how your population is organized across your states.

But yep I would like see the numbers on that, I'm pretty sure in those slow, laid back states with reasonable folks in them like Texas and Utah and so, who are allowed to carry concealed, have far less reason to pull a gun out than say someone from Detroit or New York. Gun laws should not be "one size fits all" what works for one state will not work so well for another state.

If I'm right about what little I know about Nebraska, is that it's considered "the sticks" so that sorta goes against everything I was saying, but I think keeping any concealed weapons out of built up areas like malls is a good idea. Despite the fact that if i was being shot at by a crazy in a mall, I surely would like to be able to protect myself. But I dont trust members of the general public to act properly and properly idenfity threats (crazies) before their finger is on the trigger. Soldiers and policemen are trained for exactly this thing, members of the public aren't.

EDIT: I think i've gone seriously off topic, if anyone wants to reply to this could they send it to me in U2U thanks ^^

[edit on 6-12-2007 by unnamedninja]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thank you, Mezzanine, for posting that. I'm from Lincoln, myself, and once I heard about the shooting I was at my job and pushing it away from my mind so I could work well enough. It sounds callous but when work was done I sat in my car and ended up crying once I found out it was a 19-year old boy who killed so many.

Deaths: 9 including the shooter
Injured: 5 [the man who was admitted into critical care was changed to serious care, so he's recovering]

He was 19, and some say it was an AK-47 because of the number of rounds. The survivors were talking about hearing the christmas music and praying that no one would come hunting for them in the blocked-off dressing rooms. How horrible, that one's death would be centered around that music, that they have to listen to it.

Troubled? Yes. "I don't want to be a burden"? Guess what? It didn't help that he went on a shooting rampage. I don't think it was set to work with the President's visit--the guy comes here often enough, around 9 times a year. An inactive grenade with this kid? Nah, he didn't have a lot of planning, just a suicide note and access to a high-powered rifle. Just another kid with emotional problems and no way to work through them after losing a girlfriend and a job. I believe people are responsible for their actions in most cases. This is Nebraska, right? Stuff's not supposed to happen here, right? I guess it takes all types.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families, to anyone who was affected by this event.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Man, the president is not what happened to the mall. The President? WTF are you thinking?

what happened is this:
A punk went to a mall because he was high on Pot. He was ugly and had ZERO friends. He had a gun and ammo.

He opened FIRE!

Period!

Sick bastard as he was, he did what he did.
Dead are folks, and DEAD is HE!
Period!

Erks my a$$ to think you people think it was anything less than this!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
He worked as a french fry turner.
He smoked pot and played video games .
He needed a hair-cut and from what I see he needed
a good whooop-a$$
Plain and simple.

Christmas is when all the mindless folks come out!

HE KILLED

barf and yuk!
Plain and simple!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikki

...also threatened to "kill" the ex-girlfriend and "burn her house down" as she said to a radio station... the video games are awful, the Prozac, imo, is the real problem -- they've linked it to suicide, these kids are the American Terror bombers when thought over. The FDA admits it's really behind in its science. It's sickening how the youth of today is programmed on drugs & violence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

larouchepac.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Tell me where you see people, who are licensed to carry a firearm has committed crimes that envolved shooting someone. I'm not talking about your everyday citizens who probably can't get a license to carry. I'm talking about law abiding citizens that know how to shoot a gun and has taken plenty of classes. I'm also talking about the security guards. They should of had guns to protect the people. The more guns allowed in a place the less likely a criminal would come there.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Tell me where you see people, who are licensed to carry a firearm has committed crimes that envolved shooting someone.

I dont think you read my post properly, first I asked that people replying U2U me, since we're into a completely different topic of gun control. Of course you dont have listen to me at all, but now I'm going off topic again because of you and risking the wrath of mod.

Secondly I never said anything about crimes being committed by people carrying concealed. What bothers me is like I said, and I'll repeat myself i guess. When shots are fired the first reaction is to get down, the second is to get your gun out, the third is to start shooting at people you see with guns. If everyone is carrying concealed guns, everyone will have their guns out and become potential targets. Get what I'm trying to say? It's a good thing that most people do not want to carry concealed is all i can say.

Over in the Uk there's a great example of what happens when guns fall into the hands of guys who think they're 007, a guy who was being chased for not having a visa was shot in the head like 6 times on a train by a scotland yard officer. These guys are in a position where they are obligated to be responsible. Imho a gun license and lessons, and heck even a psych eval isn't enough to ensure that a gun owner is responsible.

I mean no offense to any responsible gun owners, you guys are not the problem. And of course I hope to make no offense to anyone affected by today's shooting.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by unnamedninja]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Omaha, the Franklin Cover Up, the Monsignor and Boys Town. Give me a break. It's not even well hidden that this is mk ultra.
Wake up, folks. Larry King is out of jail, btw. Jeff Gannon White House sleep overs, Hunter Thompson so called suicide and snuff films.
I'm staying the hell out of Omaha!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
ps, pot does not make you into a killer. you obviously have never smoked it. anti depressants turn you into a killer, and a lot of abuse and brainwashing in state institutions are the bottom line. Just because it looks like a conspiracy doesn't mean it isn't!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join