It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As many as five people have been shot at a shopping mall in Omaha, Nebraska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
As many as five people have been shot at a shopping mall in Omaha, Nebraska; police are searching for a gunman

Source: www.foxnews.com...

It was just a matter of time for one of these incidents to happen

Report at least 2 people dead

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Kozz28]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Kozz28]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

President Bush was in town Wednesday for a fundraiser in Omaha, but left about an hour before the shooting.

Coincidence?

- What a tragedy. My job takes me around to different malls occasionally, and I was very familiar with the Boynton Beach mall where similar shootings occured last year on Christmas Eve.

Pictures From Boynton Beach Mall Shooting

Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Not sure, but it is a rock solid alibi. You can take him off the list of possible suspects.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Now they say there may be 5 more shooting victims!!!

I was just going to post this!!! I think its a sign to our president, i may be wrong!!!

I work in a very similar mall
I cant beleive it!!! :shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Now Fox news is reporting 30-35 shots fired.. WOW

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How about the coincidence that there was a live grenade removed last Friday from the mall parking lot?

link to article

another good link

Looks like a kid(?) who may have been apprehended.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Our morning news here in Australia just suggested that there may be as many as 12-14 victims.
So much for the season of goodwill towards each other.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Could there possibly be 2 suspects? One found with self inflicted gun shot wound and one in custody according to msnbc..

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yep, this is in my town. There was a lockdown @ school.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well is that something about the holidays that wake up the dark side of human nature and seems to make people want to die but no alone.

BTW it was California the one to be careful and on the watch for act of violence and terrorism.

Yesterday our local base was on lock down because a young ex marine wanted to take his life at the hobby shop and do it publicly.

I tell you nothing better than the holidays to wake up the spirits, I mean any spirits.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As many as 10 dead, 70+ shots fired. Suspect(s) still at large according to CNN.

This is insane, I really feel for those who have been affected by this event

[edit on 5-12-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
English news just stated that there was 8 dead people of which one was believed to have been the shooter. cant see anything on the other channels yet. sad

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.action3news.com...

This is real sad and scary at the same time so close to the holidays. This does not have to be terrorism to scare the public.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm telling you, man... this was no "crazed loner". They will play it off as that. They always use that card. Don't buy what they're selling. I'm absolutely positive in my gut that this was some gov't MKULTRA thing... I mean, coincidence that the President was there a half hour earlier?

Expect Fox News to play up the terrorism link where there is none.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Every time something like this happens, i cant help but

wonder. Did, on command, they wake up someone and sent him to that mall to "finish out the command"? I hate thinking this way, but you never know anymore.

The time is ripe for such an event. :shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty positive MKULTRA is responsible for a lot of horrible things like this. I have a suspect feeling it's now at a local level, and there are people surrounding all of us that, at any moment's notice, can be "switched on" like a lightswitch... really for any purpose imaginable.
I have my own personal reasons for suspecting that this is the case... which not too long ago, I would've refuted as crazed musings of paranoia.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here are some "facts" on the shooter:

Hawkins, 19, had been arrested on a couple of misdemeanors in November and was due in court this month. One charge included minor in possession of alcohol. He was arrested on Nov. 24.

A friend of Hawkins, Shawn, told KETV NewsWatch 7 said Hawkins had been on antidepressants. He was staying with friends in Quail Creek, the friend said, and he said Hawkins had recently begun bouncing from job to job and making "some bad judgment calls." Shawn said he was shocked to hear it was the man he calls "Robbie." Shawn said he had heard through the grapevine on Wednesday that Robbie was suicidal.

ALSO.....

Grenade Found Last Week At Same Mall

A grenade was found Friday night at an Omaha shopping mall.

Officers went to the northwest corner of the parking lot at Westroads Mall after someone reported finding an explosive device. The mall security directed officers to the area of the parking lot where the device was located. The Omaha Police Bomb Squad Unit was called and removed the intact grenade safely from the area.

A source told KETV NewsWatch 7 the grenade was lying on the ground with no note or information, but that it did have a pin in it. The source said it looked like a pineapple grenade.

www.ketv.com...

Also, I watched Fox news cover it all. They never once mentioned "terrorism" related.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thi young man was very disturbed. He left a suicide note. Guess a press conf is coming up soon!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I still dont see how every incident like this ends up the same way and its always due to antidepressants.

Seems the only problem and the same ending all the time.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

I really like coming to this site and checking out various people's opinions on things... everything from current events to alternative theories etc. However, sometimes I am reminded that there is a certain segment of this boards population that is simply paranoid and looking for an excuse to jump at shadows.

Suggesting that President Bush's visit to town or MK Ultra and these shootings are linked is bordering on profane, and at the very least is incredibly callous.

I live in Omaha Nebraska, actually about two miles from the mall in question. I was there today just about five minutes before the shooting started. The only reason that I wasn't in the mall when the gunman was is because I forgot that that mall didn't have a Gap, so I went to ended up going to class instead. When I left for my night class tonight, I could still see news helicopters from my window flying over the mall.

What happened at Westroads is tragic, and while my community is trying to put together what happened, and attempt to make some kind of sense of this situation, I for one, would really appreciate it if people stuck to facts, and not wild conjectures for which they have no evidence of.

A gut feeling is nothing, and accusing a program and those who run it (which might not even exist!) of being at least partially responsible for this... horrendous day... is wildly irresponsible.

To those of you who actually care about how my town is doing, I thank you. To those who are looking to make crazy theories which lack any basis in reality or facts... please think of those who died and recognize that this was the doing of a lone gun man. A mentally unstable man. Nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join