It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End is Near!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I forgot to post this when I first heard but anyway...

At Church this past Sunday my Youth Group leader was talking about how many of the prophecies in the Book of Revelations (the book that tells about all the Armageddon stuff) are coming true, and that the End of the World is coming very soon.

At school, my friend said that he read a Nostrodamus prediction and that it said that the world would end in 2004... I don't know much about the accuracy of Nostrodamus, but with that name he sounds pretty trustworthy.

I don't have anything on hand right now that I can use to back up my case, but has anyone else heard of anything involving the World Ending around 2004?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here we go again...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
sorry hon NO!

the world isn't gonna end in 2004. Do a search here on ATS on "end of the world" , "bible prophecies" and "nostradamus", you'll find what you are interested in.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was watching a program about Nostradamous on the History Channel, apparently there was a prophecy concerning 9/11. The controdictors of this prophecy were saying that if anyone knew about this prophecy, that they should have handed over the knowledge to the government, but no one did, as we all know.

I personally think that some of Nostradamous' predictions might have some truths to them; the wrest though could be just plane prodictions, like our colleagues make in the Prediction forum.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
I was watching a program about Nostradamous on the History Channel, apparently there was a prophecy concerning 9/11. The controdictors of this prophecy were saying that if anyone knew about this prophecy, that they should have handed over the knowledge to the government, but no one did, as we all know.

I personally think that some of Nostradamous' predictions might have some truths to them; the wrest though could be just plane prodictions, like our colleagues make in the Prediction forum.

That prophecy was proved fake, you are talking about the one with metal towers and two birds and 45" angle, right?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
omfg...we've been hearing so many ppl say that the end is near for centuries. on new years eve, the year before 1900, a mass panic caused many ppl to commit suicide just because some prediction said that the world would end in 1900. Also, i guess i don't have to remind u all as to what happened in 2000 with the y2k bug. Besides, even if the world was gonna end, carpe diem! u only have 1 life

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If all of these "end of the world" prophecies had come true, id have died and gone to hell about 25 times in my lifetime. and thats alot considering im only 14.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If you entrench so much fearful portent into followers and have them believe that the world is coming to an ends, its evident that they will believe.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
didn't he predict the world would end like 9 times??

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I wonder if he predicted his own death?

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
the world will not come to end in 2004 nor it will come to end in 2012, 2020........2090 by that time we're all gonna be dead! so who gives a care?

but once again the world won't come to an end in 2004 or 2012, if it will and if we stay alive, i'll give you my fast piece of brad! whichi will be worth a lot! since we'll be living in ruins

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I wonder if he predicted his own death?

Deep

I think that on the History channel story they were doing, he wrote something like
"After my death, I will be talked about a lot " or somthing like that .

I did find this,

"
Vingt ans du regne de la lune passez,
Sept mil ans autre tiendra sa monarchie,
Quand le soleil prendra ses jours laissez,
Lors accompli a fin ma Prophecie.
Century 1 : 48
Twenty years after the moon has ceased to be (slave of) the reigning planet (the earth),
Seven thousand years will have elapsed, then another shall be the reigning planet,
When the sun has resumed his past work,
Then is fulfilled and terminated my (last) prophecy."

ca.geocities.com...

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlatan
I forgot to post this when I first heard but anyway...

At Church this past Sunday my Youth Group leader was talking about how many of the prophecies in the Book of Revelations (the book that tells about all the Armageddon stuff) are coming true, and that the End of the World is coming very soon.

At school, my friend said that he read a Nostrodamus prediction and that it said that the world would end in 2004... I don't know much about the accuracy of Nostrodamus, but with that name he sounds pretty trustworthy.

I don't have anything on hand right now that I can use to back up my case, but has anyone else heard of anything involving the World Ending around 2004?

What do you believe in God and the bible, or Nostrodamus? The bible says nobody knows when the end is, not even Jesus himself.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is interesting:

The medieval English seer and prophet Mother Shipton foretold of a time when the Earth would be ravaged by disastrous events and happenings. Although she gave no firm date for when this would happen, the extract below makes chilling reading. We bring it to you without comment or any attempt at interpretation, which in this case appears clear enough.

"When women dress like men and trousers wear,

And cut off all their locks of hair,

When pictures look alive with movements free,

When ships like fishes swim beneath the sea.

When men outstripping birds can soar the sky,

Then half the world, deep drenched in blood,

shall die...."

www.space-2001.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah, Nostradamus said something to the effect that the world was gonna end in 1999, and now I've got all this Spam and shotgun ammo sitting around going to waste.

Apparently, to ol' Nostie, the world is capable of ending every five or six years in variously terrible, gruesome, or downright silly ways... Armageddon has been slated by one wacko or another to have occured every year or so, and we're still here.

It's true that the prophecies in Revalations can be said to be coming true, but, then again, that has been the case for years.

We're gonna be fine, guys. And, if not... revolution at my place!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know a lot of stuff about Nostradamus, but he did NOT say the world will end in 2004.
read more about him at www.crystalinks.com/nostradamus.html

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
you guys don't have to make a mockery of this thread just because I didn't know much about Nostrodamus, or the fact that this was posted many times.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Were not making a mocker of you, just Nostradamus.

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlatan
you guys don't have to make a mockery of this thread just because I didn't know much about Nostrodamus, or the fact that this was posted many times.

Actually, I believe that it is in the handbook.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
sorry hon NO!

the world isn't gonna end in 2004. Do a search here on ATS on "end of the world" , "bible prophecies" and "nostradamus", you'll find what you are interested in.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by worldwatcher]

You never called me hon! I'm jealous. *Stomps foot*

"The end is near" .. if that's not a song already, it has that catchy name to be one!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join