It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaberative Research: What characteristics would rule out an object as being man made craft?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Lets brainstorm here.

What key indicators would say to you that something could not possibly be manmade.. not even experimental military is plausible?

I think the one that stands out the most to me so far is the occurances where the object in question stops on a dime, reverses course and takes off so fast in the opposite direction that it almost appears to disappear after a short distance.

Any others?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Something that doesn't have a power plant involving moving parts.

But since your examples lean towards UFO type craft... I'll say a vehicle that can travel without causing a wind disturbance. You never see swirls in clouds, a wake on water, or trees swaying... only with helicopters and airplanes.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Something that doesn't have a power plant involving moving parts.

But since your examples lean towards UFO type craft... I'll say a vehicle that can travel without causing a wind disturbance. You never see swirls in clouds, a wake on water, or trees swaying... only with helicopters and airplanes.

Yes, I am sorry, I should have clarified that.

I did mean UFO as in not something that was made by any human being on this planet.
I didn't mean animal made or anything else..
Aliens are the implication I am looking for an indication of here.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
strange you should ask this. I watched tombraider II a couple of nights ago and there is a bit where lara and the bloke she was working with crash landed a plane into a lake . It looked like some strange sort of stealth plane (I don't know my planes at all)
Anyway, there was a man sitting in a boat when it crashed near him and I thought , that would go down as another UFO sighting if it happened in real life.
well to cut a long story short, it made me wonder how far our technology will go before it will be impossible to say that sightings of strange craft will be put down to alien spaceships, and will sightings of UFOs eventually cease?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
extreme turns and angles in flight
extreme change of speed (fast to slow, floating then taking off, etc)
just plain "Dissappearing"

(I realize this could be technology we are not aware of as yet, but that is what I consider when I call something a ufo)

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Jet fighters can do extreme turns and angles in flight.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Jet fighters can do extreme turns and angles in flight.

Yes but the laws of inertia limit this ability to some extent. The effects you would have at some extremes would destroy not only a human inside... if they were piloted by humans or it would be devastating to the framework of the plane.
It would be like a crash with nothing.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think propulsion would have too be keenly observed.

UFO'S are known to be quite as a feather floating in the air. Modern Day aircraft bring a parade everytime they coming flying by.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
add no audible sound (no jets roaring)

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When the 'craft' in question drops its landing gear and reveals that the landing gear is on tires?

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm not totally sure, i dont think we can even make a lightsaber properly yet, and that sucks cause i'd like one

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
When the 'craft' in question drops its landing gear and reveals that the landing gear is on tires?

regards
seekerof

*ahem*
We are looking for things that rule it OUT as being manmade

Pay attention to the question.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
what about if a craft could shapeshift. I know that some manmade craft can change shape to a certain extent but I'm talking about real shapeshifting like in flight of the navigator.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
what about if a craft could shapeshift. I know that some manmade craft can change shape to a certain extent but I'm talking about real shapeshifting like in flight of the navigator.

Excellent!
Yep... I would consider that a positive indicator alright.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

*ahem*
We are looking for things that rule it OUT as being manmade

Pay attention to the question.

Yeah, you got me there on that one NephraTari.....in my haste to poke a little humor, I admittedly, failed to read and understand....my apologies to all.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
hehe s'alright, I have done that myself a time or two.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't rule out any UFO being man-made. All I would attempt to do with UFO reports is to categorize them as objects looking or performing with currently unknown or scientifically unrecognized characteristics. There really can be no way to determine if a UFO that displays physics-defying feats is ET or not unless it lands and aliens jump out, but you can rule out contemporary technology.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I would imagine a distinction would be the way a ship is constructed. Usually ET spaceships are SEAMLESS. With human-made ships, you can see where the parts are put together. Rivets, etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
if ya look in the window's and see little gray or green peoples u know its not man made

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This video is very hard to explain, but I believe the characteristics exhibited by the objects in it would suffice as non-human type aircraft.

video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join