It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First impressions/gut feelings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
this isn't necessarily pertaining to intimate relationships, just interaction with other people in general...

my first impressions of people are almost always accurate. right away i'll either open up and start making friends with someone or immediately sense that something is off and i'll try to limit my interaction with that person - even if they are polite and inoffensive. it's subconscious and completely unrelated to race, gender, class, etc.

for example, i'll meet someone and get the bad "vibe". i'll later find out that they've been in trouble with the law, or they have habits that i find questionable, etc.

does anyone else have this?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I know what you're talking about. I experience those types of feelings, too. I usually try not to treat somebody differently, just in case I'm wrong... but I do try to be wary, since my gut feelings about a person haven't been wrong yet.

I think it's completely normal... a part of our animal instincts, since we are animals (even though some people hate to be reminded of that). It's like when a dog just doesn't like a person (or likes them) for some unknown reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It also helps when you meet a person how much eye contact they have with you and others. Anyone who doesnt look me in the eye is not worth ever talking to again.

I think its sooooo sexy when men look all over my face when i talk to them. Remember that, guys. Look at the ladies. Anyone who does that has my attention.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. My first impression is usually correct, and i get the vibe good or bad in a very short amount of time.
My gut helps me to make a living.

DG, I almost always look into a persons eyes when I speak. Looking all around your face, eh?
Hmmmmmm...............

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Hi Lombozo, YES. It tells the women you're "really" into THEM

Just giving you and the rest pointers so you can experience this wonderful little thing i have experienced before. I know this guy whom i've known for years, and every time i see him....

He does it to me and i go absolutely NUTS! He's married, though, and so am i (
) I can tell he likes me.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And here all along I thought that staring at the area between a womans neck and her waist while talking was a turn on for a woman. I also figured that while your staring at that area, if you let a little drool slip out, that she would really know you dig her.

Are you sure you know what you're talkin' about and stuff?

I kid, I kid!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have practically infallible first impression abilities. And it really comes in handy. But it isn't always appreciated. The last time I got called for jury duty, I explained to the judge that I could determine someone's guilt or innocence just by looking at them. You'd think they would be thrilled at the chance to save a lot of time and way more than just a little money, no?

Alas, apparently our system of jurisprudence has yet to advance to the point where this ability is viewed positively.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

The jury duty thing...OMG I do the same thing...only I tell them I'm a Christian radical and I must base my decision by the Holy Bible...they never pick me either, but then again that's my intention in the first place

I hate jury duty, so I had to create an infallible plan

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I beg to differ...

I do not trust first impressions and usually hate being judged on a first impression. People tend to think that they have great intuitive skills and therefore base judgement on a first impression, but apart from body language and frivolous conversation what else is there on a first impression?.

On the other hand I do trust gut feelings but I don`t trust them enough to make a decision, unless of course we are talking about real negative vibes, but that is self explanatory.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
In the course of my life I have learned to trust that intial instinct completely and the only time i have ever had any problems it was the result of not listening to it.

top topics

join