It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straw Poll Canceled: Too Many Ron Paul Supporters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cypher

I'd like you to define "poll loading".
What is happening a many of these events is that supporters of other Non-Paul candidates are voting 2, 3, as many as 80 times. Now THAT is loading.

the Paul voters are making a point to only make a single vote, per person.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize
That is very true, and I have said the same before. If Ron Paul supporters will support no-one else, then the rest of the republicans better get on board or they are responsible for giving the election to Hillary. As a Ron Paul supporter, I can assure you that this is true, I will vote for no-one but Ron Paul. I will still vote in the election, but I will skip the boxes for president if his name is not there. I have held my nose and voted in too many elections, I won't be doing that this time.

I have never done this before, but I will certainly do it this time. I have a bad feeling that the 'majority' parties, both, will try to steamroll over the good Dr. I won't let them.
By the simple expediant of writing in his name. If it is not there, put it there.

WRITE HIM IN!

Since he will most certainly be excluded from the process. Unless you include him....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
what if you are using a voting machine? is there a way to "pencil" in RP?

BPI

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can't believe there are some people who are defending the people for closing a straw poll when they saw the outcome would be different from what they wanted. It was open to the public. It was $33 for a dinner and and hour speech supporting Thompson. A citizen could also pay $5 and vote in the straw poll after the event. Someone even blamed Paul supporters because they shouldn't have brought their signs. Others say it doesn't matter because straw polls don't mean anything. If they don't mean anything, why did they cancel it? This should outrage every American no matter who their candidate is. Voice of the people was what this country was founded on. Anyone defending this is not adhering to American values, thus anti-American. Another poster said voting for Paul is voting for Hillary. This is how you are steered into voting for who "others" have deemed best for their position. Another example of anti-American individuals. It is really disappointing that some people actually think this way. But this is America and you are free to think however you want.

I don't think someone rounded these people up either. I believe these people rounded themselves up. That's what Ron Pauls supporters are all about. The supporters have a saying: "Ron Paul cured my apathy." When you understand what that means, then you'll understand these people and none of the rest of us who show up to vote, were not rounded up.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by BPI]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by BPI]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't know if it's a good idea to keep up this blatant smear campaign against Dr. Ron Paul. Hell hath no fury like armed Libertarians/Constitutionalist that are sick of watching one of the only honest men left in politics being rubbed out every chance they get.

If this resonates to a higher scale, I'm sure we'll push back. This has to stop somewhere, regardless the candidate.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
what if you are using a voting machine? is there a way to "pencil" in RP?

Don't know. Good question.
As I said, I've never done it before so can't recall the protocol in that regard.
I'm fairly certain you can do it in the primaries in your respective states, which are now, thru about mid '08, I believe. But I will check.

I've never been forced into this tactic before, but will certainly do it in the primaries. Will check on the prez election and post back the answer unless someone else beats me to it.

"WRITE HIM IN!"

If it is allowed, I will certainly do it.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
First, we were internet spammers, inflating the online poll numbers. Then we donated 4.3 million dollars in 24 hours. (past 10.5 mil for the quarter) proving it wasnt a few internet nerds hacking the votes.
Now we are "loading" the straw polls. Did it ever occur to anyone that ron paul is actully the candidate with the most support?
BTW Ron Paul has won more state straw polls than any other candidate. thats a hell of a lot of "loading." How are they getting all these people out to the polls to load it?
And if there is loading, couldnt another candidate do the same thing? after all they are the majority in the "national" polls right? surely they could pull together enough supporters to stomp the puny minority of pathetic Paul supporters.. couldnt they?

Furthermore, couldnt i say that this particular straw poll was a "loading" for Thompson? after all, they held the dinner to promote him.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

A big shiny star for you my friend.
Well said.
Also, how can we puny, 'fringe' outsiders have any hope against the MSM candidates?

How is it that we are somehow 'loading', and skewing? We are nobody of consequence.
Pay no attention to us.
We are nothing.
We are nobody, no one.....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Okay, so who's making the cute little "signature" decals for the Ron Paul supporters. If people did it to "support Israeli goods," I'm sure we can make them for people concerned with America in it's entirety.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Riddle me this.

Whats the difference between the DNC and RNC????

Answer Nuttin'

Roper

I guess you don't own any firearms do you? Believe in God? What do you think about illegal mexicants and a NICE physical fence on the south western side of the US?

Nahh, you ride the fence to much. Take a stance, for once,

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
SO

You post that and then give no details

Who organized the event?
Why was the crowd so tiny?
What is the purpose of this Straw Poll and how does it effect the Primaries?
What happened before you turned the camera on?
Did the Paul supporters storm the place intending to cause trouble?
Were all the attendees Registered Voters?
How were those attending confirmed to be Registered Voters?
The tape is meaningless without more information.

Good lord people, at least Blaine's got it right.

Open your eyes. Regardless of what your personal views are, this video shows nothing conclusive of ANYTHING. Without any background, we don't know exactly what happened. It could be unfair to those people that paid money to see their vote count. Or, for all we know the whole thing could be staged by someone in Ron Paul's camp for publicity. Sounds stupid, but some people here believe reptilians are running the country, SOOOOO ....

Let's get some info from S,O, before we jump all over about who's right and wrong .... and what the sides even are.

I mean, this is almost worse than some of these UFO pics. People blatantly stating "UFO" or "not UFO" without even getting information about the picture from the source.

For being one of (if not THE) smartest collection of people on the net, we are all pretty dumb sometimes and let our personal feelings and biases get in the way of the real truth. Deny blinders.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
We should organize a march on CNN or FOX news and just gather thousands of RP supporters in their front door so that we can bring this issue to America. How dare they stamp out the voice of the people?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn

Originally posted by Roper
Riddle me this.

Whats the difference between the DNC and RNC????

Answer Nuttin'

Roper

I guess you don't own any firearms do you? Believe in God? What do you think about illegal mexicants and a NICE physical fence on the south western side of the US?

Nahh, you ride the fence to much. Take a stance, for once,

when you say take a stance, you mean continue to take sides of the same 2-headed snake that is the democrats and republicans, and fight amongst ourselves while each party pulls the same crap? There is a reason you see former presidents Bush and Clinton hanging out all the time.

if one guy said he was god and the other said he was satan but they both f@!#ed you over which "stance" would you take?
you have to realise that the only difference between both parties is the little letter next to thier name on tv, behind the scenes they are working towards the same goal, more for them, and less for everybody else.

it shouldnt be between dems or repubs, it should be betweeen right and wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Honestly, with all of the commotion, I could not determine what was occurring other than there were a lot of angry people in the same room shouting at each other. I would have liked to have heard the "official" reason the poll was canceled in the video, or at least the moments that lead up to the cancellation. I would hope that there is another video floating around that has not yet made its way to YouTube.

With all of the attacks Dr. Paul has endured during his campaign, I would not doubt that this poll was canceled due to his popularity. Were it not dire the requirement of this nation to have a great man like Dr. Paul as its President, I would be amused by the attempt at censorship he has received. From what I have seen, the people and their support for Dr. Paul cannot be easily ignored.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I don't know if it's a good idea to keep up this blatant smear campaign against Dr. Ron Paul. Hell hath no fury like armed Libertarians/Constitutionalist that are sick of watching one of the only honest men left in politics being rubbed out every chance they get.

If this resonates to a higher scale, I'm sure we'll push back. This has to stop somewhere, regardless the candidate.

DeadFlagBlues, I do think that was the best thread I have read on ATS since 2005. Simple, honest, to the point, and right on.

When a person feels as if he or she is not getting the point through, is not and will not be heard, watch out.

Plenty of us took an oath we still remember.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The way I see it is we have very limited choices. Many possibilities have been brought up in this thread. I my opinion, we have to pusuit this and everything else as peacefully as possible.

Ron Paul is the best candidate for ANY official position, especially President, and that is after doing research on what he supports, what his opposition supports, the state of the Union and its economy, and basically everything else going on in the nation and the world right now.

Everyone who feels the same way as me needs to tell their friends, family, coworkers, and even people we happen to meet throughout the day. I personally do not walk down the street and yell "RON PAUL" at people, but anyone who has a small amount of education and intellect will hear you out and at least look him up for themselves. I have told at least 20 people about Ron Paul, and they have in turn told over 100 people altogether (I hope).

We have to spead the word of the good doctor, and make this peaceful R(EVOL)UTION happen. If it does not happen, then the other two choices are the only possibilities. Conform to a debt-slave society, or a revolution in the classical sense.

Spead the word of the Good Doctor, and then VOTE FOR RON PAUL.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The last presidential election I voted.

I will not say who I voted for, it doesn't matter.

This election I will NOT vote.

Why?

Because I believe that no matter what side I vote for, I am just bringing about the inevitable.

"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again" - Battlestar Galactica "Razor" TV movie. (just aired).

Republican, Democrat, Independent... it's all the same. All of these parties are in bed under a single agenda and trying to use their leverage in their specific areas to pit us against each other.

No matter who you vote for this fall, things WILL NOT GET BETTER.

Hell, the Clinton's and the Bush's vacation together! There is a MUCH larger agenda here that an independent like Ron Paul is a threat to--this video proves it.

Will I vote for Ron Paul? Nope. I don't want to throw my vote away. He has ZERO chance of winning. I support him sure, I'll even hang signs on overpasses for him...but I won't go into that ballot box and put him down.

I don't believe in our "system" anymore, not enough for my vote to be wrongly tabulated/raped.

Sure, some may argue that I am simply being lazy. Hell no, I support people like Ron Paul--but I know he'll never win.

If anything--his popularity will backfire on him like it already has been....and he'll "miraculously" loose despite the informal polls.

People like Ron Paul aren't part of the larger design the world power players have in mind. RP is a "rouge element" that must be silenced. Unfortunatley for people like us, we have far fewer resources, money, and intelligence to enable a peacfull, lawfull overthrow of the current hegemony.

These rich mofos have been putting their chess pieces in place for decades for these next few critical terms of office...and unless we have a literal "coup d'état" from not only the inside but the outside--we might as well accept the inevitable and hunker down and secure ourselves and loved ones.

Things are going to get a LOT uglier.

I'm not going to throw my vote away by simply voting. . . Because in my mind--even voting for ANY candidate is throwing your vote away.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by NGC2736

While I don't really have a problem with Ron Paul on most issues, I do find some of his ideas to be a little too radical. (see abolishing the fed) I also find the majority of his supporters to be obnoxious and completely closed minded to any ideas that don't align with Pauls.

Indeed!

The U.S. Constitution is a radical document and is only supported by radicalists this day in age.

I definitely see where you are coming from in calling us closed minded.

Since we are supporters of the Constitution and seeing as how Ron Paul is 110% FOR the Constitution, we can indeed be a bit closed minded when it comes to anything that OPPOSES the constitution.

Jasn

Edit to add: Nyk, are you really for a financial system in which the money is completely baseless? Are you really for a select few bankers controlling the wealth of an entire nation? Just asking because I noticed that you are against the abolishing of the Fed. Reserve.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The way I see it is this.......if you feel that your elected representatives have turned their backs on you...if you feel that your government is over taxing you while stuffing their own pockets...if you feel like this current administration has gone against the will of the people and raided our national treasury to wage a pointless idiotic war for oil....if you believe in the constitution and all of it's greatness....if you are tired of watching American jobs get shipped to the third world...if you have had enough of the porous southern Mexican border which has been ignored....if you are tired of the bi-partisan two party quagmire that is our congress and senate....if you are sick of having your rights stripped way from you...if you feel like YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE LYING TO YOU then you have an obligation and a constitutional duty as an American citizen and a voter to step up to the plate and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Otherwise you forfeit your right to complain.

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same mistakes again and again while expecting to produce different results.

And to all of the people here who say that you won't even bother to vote because Paul doesn't stand a chance...you are a part of the problem because THAT is the attitude they want you to have...THAT is why the corporate media is trying to silence Ron Paul, THAT is why they do things like cancel public straw polls that they know they will lose. Get it?

The beauty of being an American is that if you do not agree with the direction that your country is heading in, you have the constitutional right and the legal instrument to do something about it.

Say no to the I.R.S., the two party boy's club, NAFTA, the NWO and the NAU by showing up next October and hitting the bastards where it hurts.

Vote Ron Paul in 2008
Because a U.S. led by Hilliary Clinton = doom for us all.

*Edit spelling

[edit on 12/6/07 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this link into this topic.

in the link you'll find a link to a site that allows people from all over the world to cast a vote.

You'll never guess who's winning in "the world votes'' ....

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join