It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straw Poll Canceled: Too Many Ron Paul Supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I noticed that as well. Yet the Huckabee, Romney, Hillary, Obama, etc links are still there. Interesting...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
If something like this happened because there were too many Romney supporters or something, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. And don't try to tell me it would be either, because I know how fanatical the Paul supporters are.

Mitt Romney is viewed as being part of the establishment, so, you're right, most of us wouldn't care. That is coming from someone who actually likes Mitt Romney.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
The link was just taken off the drudge. It was on there for a few hours, and the views on the Youtube channel were frozen.

It was on drudge for just a couple hours. Hmmm....

Everyone should make a copy if they know how. I don't.

Would this be in my Temp folder? What extension would it have?

[edit on 12/5/07 by 123143]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
See what happens when the programmed loyalists to the PARTY over the CONSTITUTION get a taste of reality? They run and hide and change the rules..of course!! If you are a loyal Repug then you take your marching orders from the local Repug leaders and vote for whoever they tell you to. But when the discontent of the PEOPLE is felt by means of a grass roots effort to salvage the nation the old line Party diehards will do ANYTHING to maintain the illusions and lies that have propped up their entire party since the 1960's.

If they allowed Ron Paul supporters to upstage Thompson, it would be an embarrassment and they do NOT want to start a trend..so they run and hide and hope that the Repug media such as Fox will ignore it all or call the Paul supporters ' anarchists ' or such and bury the story for the mindless drones who make up the 25% of Americans who are brain dead enough to still believe that the Bush cabal is really a bunch of patriotic men who love America and don't care about profits over the rule of law..there are still some out there who believe that 9-11 was an outside attack despite the evidence.

We will see this repeated over and over across the nation..Ron Paul supporters, desperate to have ONE voice who even comes close to what the majority believe, will flood the polls..and the old timers will just claim that it is all a ' vast right wing conspiracy, coming from the left..thru a Repug named Ron Paul!! When the people do not swallow that nonsense, we will hear more and more lies..and the election will go to whoever has the machines rigged..and the eligible voters left out, if they are Dem's..many servicemen were unable to vote last time due to Republican voter caging..having their names removed because they didn't answer a letter sent by the Repugs themselves..because they were in IRAQ fighting Bush's dirty oil war!!

Imagine losing your right to vote because the Republican party is so crooked and evil at its roots that they deprive fighting men and women the right to vote because they KNOW that the majority will vote against the warmongers..the Repugs. Voter disenfranchisement, vote caging, voter suppression, using the US Attorneys offices nationwide to intimidate Dem's and sway elections...secrecy of a nature unknown in the White House in all of history..dirty deals and back door treasons abound..and THIS is the party that wants top place another Bush clone in office?

My God, it is so plain: The politicians do not CARE one iota about the will of the people, even if it means losing their seats. Another one just like them will fill it until they can get back there again; thats the way it works. So when the PEOPLE show a rumbling from the ground up, sure it worries the bad guy's: They know that if it is impossible for them to electronically cheat like last time, and the voter caging doesn't work as well as hoped, that they might actually have a fair election, with the majority winning!! Imagine that!! they fear that more than anything..a fail election. The Repugs KNOW that if given the chance the People will chase the rascals and criminals out of Washington and into a cell in the Hague.

Ron Paul may well be our LAST chance at averting a full blown fascist coup from finishing its goals. I suggest very sincerely that whoever is responsible for his personal protection make damned sure he stays away from light aitcraft and no doubt he is in mortal danger every second from the perps of 9-11: The Bush/Cheney/Intel/Military/Industrial/Pharma/Oil cabal who made grand plans for global conquest and the theft of sovereign nations and their resources all based on lies..obvious lies. Murder, treason, theft on a scale unheard of in history..this is the legacy of the Bush cabal:Ron Paul may oindeed be America's very last chance.

If so, may God protect him and may the People see the truth about the true state of affairs in the world at this moment in time.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123143
This is one of the most important videos ever posted on this web site. Well done. I think everyone should e-mail the link to everyone they know. This should become one of those viral videos. The planet needs to see this.

Thanks, SO.

Done and Done.
Already sent the link to my RP meetup group. Great idea. We cannot just assume that "news" outlets will keep these important stories from "disappearing".
Great idea. Viral is the word, and thanks S.O. for the post.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
You wouldn't show up because you'd be at home watching re-runs of Marie Osmond on Dancing with the Stars.

(if you're not a Romney supporter - substitute your candidate in the place of "Romney" in the above reply)

Wow. Congratulations.

You have just summed up the reasons why I can't stand Paul supporters. You have a tendency to think that you are the only people who "really" know what's going on in the world.

You assume that everyone who isn't a Paul supporter is just some mindless drone who pays no attention to current events. You try and make it seem like no sensible person could possibly have a different opinion than yourself. In short, you are pushing the same kind of senseless rhetoric you say you are so adamantly opposed to.

Yeah…go Paul.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I hope this is being copied before it disappears. I don't have a clue how to do it myself, but it could go away at any time.

This needs to be seen far and wide.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
So when the "Republicant" party acts in an underhanded manner towards a candidate running on their ticket, that's OK by you? And you're also able to predict the future so that you know Ron Paul can't win, and how his supporters would act in a situation that hasn't arose?

My, I bet you're a ton of fun at parties.

I don't recall where and/or how this straw poll represents the feelings or views of the Republican party. This was a decision made by whomever was running this event, not the party in general. I also don't remember seeing where the Republican party doesn't support one of it's own candidates. Just because he isn't receiving the support you think he deserves does not mean there is some grand conspiracy to keep him from being elected.

I also never said it was a fact he couldn't win and that I was predicting the future. It's my "opinion" that he won't win, nothing more. That's my problem with Paul supporters, everything has to be some sort of conspiracy.

Oh and thanks by the way…I love a good party.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Just out of curiousity, which candidate are you supporting? Or leaning towards anyway. What issues are important to you?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

More nit picking over words. Sure it was their dinner. Sure they had a legal right to arrange it however they chose. Sure they had a legal right to change the rules halfway through it. But there's a world of difference between a legal right and a moral right.

And since you're so much fun at parties, why don't you plan on joining the Ron Paul celebration when he wins?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is SO really the person who shot that video? I'm a bit skeptical on that, but hey, who knows. I just didn't know that the ATS admins were big supporters of Ron Paul.

How the heck do you cancel a POLL? What are they going to do, cancel the elections as well?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I'm not nitpicking over words here. I'm just stating the way things are. The decision to cancel this straw poll may not have been the right thing to do, but it also wasn't the official position or decision of the Republican party as a whole.

While I don't really have a problem with Ron Paul on most issues, I do find some of his ideas to be a little too radical. (see abolishing the fed) I also find the majority of his supporters to be obnoxious and completely closed minded to any ideas that don't align with Pauls.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think certain people here are missing the Big Picture and the Big Picture is that a straw poll was arranged and then unsuccessfully manipulated by the organizers.

The candidates involved here are irrelevant when you consider what has happened in this video. It's a microcosm of what's been happening for years on a much larger scale.

We knew this kind of thing went on and now we have a shred of proof, albeit small. There are individuals and groups pretending to be respectable in all their affairs while playing dirty pool, and they just dumped the cue ball.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Well, I actually like John Edwards also. I'm don't have a party tattooed on my butt, It's ideas that count.

And there are some things RP wants that I think is wrong. But a person has to pick the candidate with the best fit. Like a suit off the rack, it may not fit perfectly, but it beats wearing Bermuda shorts to a wedding.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Love the video, finally some real tangible difference of political opinion begins forming in this country, the last time it happened IMO was 1860's.

I wouldn't get too terribly excited about any 'outsiders' having a prayer for winning the upcomming elections though, they are already rigged...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't try to convert you. John Edwards is one of the less evil establishment candidates. For me it's all comes down to the constitution and the bill of rights. Once thats gone it's all over. Other issues that used to seem important pale in comparison.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

...I also find the majority of his supporters to be obnoxious and completely closed minded to any ideas that don't align with Pauls....

the wonderful thing about that closed-mindedness is that it is basically shutting out ANY ideas that are not in direct line with the constitution.

why should abolishing the FED seem obnoxious? difficult, yes. but, its the truth bro!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well this all has shades of Ross Peroit,all over again.Ron P cant get the rep slot and if he runs as an indepedent, he will pull many away from the rep. canidate.so a vote for Ron P is a vote for a clinton again!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I agree with Ron Paul's general ideas about massive change in government, but his specifics need alot of work. For example, getting rid of the IRS. Does he propose the 'fair' tax ? If so, I have done some reading on this tax and first of all it is anything but fair. Second of all you get rid of the IRS but have to have other agancys created for various monitoring of the new tax.

Anyway, on this topic. Ron Paul supporters got together to pay $5 just to vote in a straw poll ? I'm sure some local Ron Paul group rounded up a bunch of local people for this. It was obviously not an accurate reflection of the popularity of all candidates. Paul's fans do wierd things in general. I don't think this is any kind of news at all, except that it reflects negatively on Ron Paul supporters. I mean pushy type of people.

Me gf and I were at a non-political event last month. There was a small Ron Paul booth. One of the guys started telling us about Paul. We said we were not interested and started to walk away. This guy got in our face and started shouting all kinds of wierd stuff at us, including the inside job stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As for the elimination of the IRS, he supports cutting government spending to year 2000 levels which can be accomplished with income to the government from sources other than income tax, so there would be no replacement, fair, flat or otherwise.

If Ron Paul is not elected and Hillary wins, then the people have spoken and will get what they want and deserve, bigger government, more government control, etc. The fact is you get that with any of the candidates running, except Ron Paul of course.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join