It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Common Myths About Atheists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Soo... i thought you didn't make stuff up.

Oh my mistake, I thought you said I DID make stuff up,, good to see you saying you thought I didn't . Glad we got that cleared up.

Also what's with the testing my faith thing? I don't have religious faith.

Awe ,,, sorry I don't have that either you see technically I can call your religious defense to NOT beleive what I do, what ever the hell I want. So Ill say you have faith in ?? mmmmm You have faith in,,,,,mmmm *sigh* sorry I can't come up with any other word but this one (Nothing) I guess you already said that.

I will always have faith in Christ and their ain't nothing you or anyone else is ever gonna do about that .

Are we clear? By the way none of the disparaging quips you make really help your case,, (ever consider charm school?)

As for the other stuff, it's all wishful thinking...

Still got the attitude I see.
Yeah it is always the wishful thinking of a believer that an atheist would come to know GOD. Care to share anything we both don't already know?

it is making it increasingly difficult to take you serious regarding the reason for this thread. Any time you want to expell so called myths about Atheists,, you go girl. Otherwise you are confirming many of those commonly held by belivers as fact not myth.

I see see this thread becoming more as a pretext for a Atheist vs God sort of debate .. I have always thought to to be such a pitiful waste of time,,

Don't you agree.

۞┼

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by solidgroundcafe

i refer to them as myths as the statements are stereotypes and, like any other segment of the population, you can only really judge on a case to case basis

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here this is made up,,

Enjoy ultramedia.freehostia.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

If you didn't know, it was sarcasm...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

If you didn't know, it was sarcasm...

yeah,, I know that,, I was going to point out your complex but decided to set you up to get you to admit you're sarcastic therefore not someone to waste time on

[Rules of engagement
d: Complex (or Loaded) Question
This is when you place an assumption in a question. Example: Have you finished lying to me yet? (Was he really lying to begin with?)xuadobiht.deviantart.com...

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Don't talk to me about wasting time. Just look at your post in the other thread. So useless and the same crap repeated over and over again.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

So useless and the same crap repeated over and over again.

See you prove my point.
Either quit yappin and bring something substantive to the table or sit down.
If you have issues with my post in THIS thread then by all means site them

BRING IT.

Section E: Grounds for Dismissal

Introduction:
It’s sad but true, but some arguments are just not worth the trouble. It is important to know when you are debating with a war-mongering fundamentalist Atheist. These people are not worth the trouble of debating, because their intentions are not to have an intelligent and/or interesting conversation, but to make a mockery of religion and to see if they can do so through you. See, the longer you let them talk to you, the more opportunity you give them to spill out their hate speech like a monkey throwing his own poop, and seeing how big an audience will watch him. These are some signs that you should consider ending your conversation with the individual. These people cannot be helped with words, they need your prayers.

Section B: Bad Arguments

Introduction:
If there is one thing that I know about arguing with Atheists, it’s that they will use the same argument over and over again, and then accuse us of the same thing when they don’t know how to defend against our comebacks. Why do we Christians keep using the same argument? Because you still haven’t given us an answer, genius! Anyway, here I hope that I might address some of the really bad Atheist arguments so that these time-wasting toilet-nuggets might be flushed for good.

1: “You’re too stupid to argue with.”
People use this one because they’re backed into a corner and have no way out but to make a lame attempt at insulting your intelligence. The subject is not addressed, and nothing has been answered, yet they claim victory by some kind of disqualification of rational thought. If they call you stupid, moron, idiot, etc, ask them to prove their point by citing logical errors on your part.
xuadobiht.deviantart.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

So useless and the same crap repeated over and over again.

See you prove my point.
If you have issues with my post in THIS thread then by all means site them

BRING IT.

Okay.. when are you going to substantiate your claim that there is video evidence ["dozens of flims"] of hitler saying he hated christianty?

[edit on 17-12-2007 by riley]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

HA! Substantive? Just look at your own posts here

All you do is go on about this and that which has no foundation at all, except in your head...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

HA! Substantive? Just look at your own posts here

All you do is go on about this and that which has no foundation at all, except in your head...

Is that post responding to any inductive arguments put to me regarding anything? No it isn't it is just what I called it in the post.

Foundation? Please site the "this" or "that" where it lacks foundation in relation to any questions that I answered? You can not for none were asked. You asked a question in this thread I answered it you said I Made "stuff" up AKA called me a liar I ask you to impeach my testimony and you can not do that but instead call it crap.

I ask again what part was crap? Instead of staying message or issue centered you go off the thread entirely to one where no question was asked? Is this all you got? Or do you just like to spew insults without provocation?

Then try reading my post wher it says THIS THREAD.

all, except in your head...

Everything we think is in our head and maybe if you would quit getting your postulates and ideas from your colon you would understand that.

Look son,, either get serious or sit down because battling wits with you is like boxing a paraplegic. *yawn*

- Love Con

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

well, unless you get people coming up to you on a daily basis saying "You're an atheist?! You must be cold and uncaring!!!1" it probably isn't an issue, or at least, it shouldn't be.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

it pops up enough on ATS to warrant a thread... again. i had already informed the general ATS population about the issue with a thread that has since been deleted for one reason or another, but nobody seemed to take heed.

i don't want to point fingers, but i see plenty of religious folks spewing these myths quite often on here.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yeah, I actually don't read too many of the religious threads on this site, although I am interested. I guess I just misunderstood because I've never thought any of those things about atheists, and I've never been the type who always has to prove themselves to people who generalize. Not to say I try to fit into stereotypes, I just try to seperate myself from the stupid stuff people generalize about, and if you know me then you know I'm not that way, but if you don't then you're an idiot. lol so I didn't understand. I'm sort of a "F*ck the haters" type person. hahaha

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

i see, reading that gives me hope that there are at least some more sane people in the areas of ATS that i tend to avoid due to lack of interest or risk of injury from constant head-desking (which is still a definite risk in the religious discussions)

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Is it just me or is Conspirology just out to dig on people that dont share his views and opinions??? Go take a look at the christ out of christmas threads for a few more examples of how the joker takes a dig at any body not agreeing with him.... especially all of us god hating, satanic, baby killing, virgin raping, atheists.

And just because i know he's going to cut my post to pieces and turn it around back on me, this whole thing is wrapped in sarcasm.

Yes it probably sounds like I'm taking a dig at him. I am. So, you can expect an angry post back from him and the mods are gonna step in and snip everything because I'm not being civil. Sorry guys but I've never had to deal with some one that was so offended that i don't believe in any gods.

Heres a common myth i'd like to debunk, Christians being accepting of other peoples choice of religion. Not the case.... All right thats not true, its just this guy in particular. I'm friends with plenty of christians who have no problem with me being atheist. And as a matter of fact i was raised in a catholic school for 9 years and my whole family is devout irish catholics. Not for me, i dont belong to an organized religion, i don't believe in god, but i do have strong morales.

Conspiriology get off your pedestal, realize that being atheist doesnt make me a bad guy, and if your trying to prove that christianity teaches acceptance and the turning of the other cheek your doing a poor job of it.

Fire away big C. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your words of enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
the theists that regularly repeat these myths still haven't all shown up... it's really odd that they refuse to answer for their 'sins' on ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
as someone who is metaphysics/spirituality/occult/new age minded, I reject both christianity and atheism.

In fact, in my eyes, they are similar in that they seek to impose a limitation on "what is" and "what isnt", while the worldview I have subscribed to makes no claims whatsoever of what-is and what-isnt but defines TRUTH in terms like:

Effectiveness is the measure of truth.

I choose what I want truth to be

Everything is possible.

Consciousness is all there is.

I post this to continue to educate on the fact that there is a world beyond the tiresome and endless "evolution vs. creationism", "religion vs. science", "atheism vs. christianity" debate.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

so if you choose, can your hair be long and short at the same time? which would be a logical fallacy, an inpossibility, and if you said no, then you can't choose whatever you want to be truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

We atheists dont have to answer for our sins because we dont believe that god exists, therefore we do not sin

[edit on 8/1/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"Heres a common myth i'd like to debunk, Christians being accepting of other peoples choice of religion. Not the case.... All right thats not true, its just this guy in particular. I'm friends with plenty of christians who have no problem with me being atheist. And as a matter of fact i was raised in a catholic school for 9 years and my whole family is devout irish catholics. Not for me, i dont belong to an organized religion, i don't believe in god, but i do have strong morales."

Mmm, it is very true that christians are hypocrits, if you show me a person who is not hypocritical, ill show you someone with severe brain damage.

The christian church is made up of sinners, just because someone believes there is a god doesn't mean that they have to be perfect, actually the contrary, they need god because they aren't perfect.

Have you also considered the possibility that he is not a cristian. I'm not taking a knock at his faith, but speculating so that you may think the same way when you meet someone similar.

But let me pose a question, on what athority are your morals based?

Your own? that would indicate that you have the right and power to decide what is right for everyone.

again, ill use my movie example to extinguish the possibility that morals can be based on nothing.

If your friend claims that a movie is horrible, and you ask him why, he cannot logically say "because i didn't like it" there must be a root cause for his dislike be it for many reasons.

or if a football team has a bad game, there is a reason, maby the qb wasn't on his a game, or the coach was lazy about practice. There always must be a cause for there to be an effect.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You... we, still falter. Perfection is attained by no human. Transgression against natural law, peace. We have all been purveyors of anti-peace, be it in our mind or in our action.

To say otherwise is to proclaim your imperfection louder than others.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join