It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Common Myths About Atheists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

this is actually the second time i've covered these exact 16 myths, the old one was one of my first threads on ATS and is since long deleted.

Originally posted by Conspiriology

my personal example: true, i want a world without religion... but i want a world that is VOLUNTARILY without religion. one where people are atheists who have come to the decision themselves.

Yes how transparent is this.

Here let me translate for mad to better illustrate just how that sounds.

What a wonderful world this could be,, if only everyone were a little more

like me.

BTW, Hitler wanted a world without religion, so did stalin. Two men, atheists that had killed millions and millions in genocidal slaughter. Then went on to start WWll the holocaust, and the mass killing of hundreds of thousands of Jehova wittnesses. It is people like yourself but want a world without religion that are to blame for much of the atrocities of evil.

huzzah...
hitler was an atheist?
stalin i'll accept... but he did things out of a lust for power, not in the name of atheism.
there were hundreds of thousands of jehova's witnesses? proof of that?

ok...
hitler had "god is with us" (in german of course) emblazoned on nazi belt buckles..
hitler was NOT an atheist.

The only difference is you want them to comply voluntarily (gee how kind of you pffft) while the others just wanted them dead.

no, i don't want them to comply, i want them to come to things on their own.

Since they were not religious tyrants, I guess it doesn't count.

since neither of them did it in the name of atheism (and one was a theist) it doesn't count.

You want to dispell stereotypes about atheists while making broad generalizations regarding religion. Religions are so many so differen't how you can just lump them all into a blame for so many social ills and have us believe you knew SQUAT about them is yet another transparent issue.

squat?
i've read:
the bible (3 times cover to cover + many readings of quoted verse)
the koran (1 time cover to cover + many readings of quoted verse)
parts of the vedas
parts of the bhagadivita (but not enough to save myself from butchering the name)
much buddhist religious text
countless ancient mythological stories
pagans don't have texts... but i've talked to them about their (just ask kacen)
i've consulted rabbis on judaism
priests on catholicism and anglicanism
numerous ministers of various other christian sects
many experts on the koran
etc etc etc
i could keep going until i hit the character limit (i have about 7100 left) but i won't.

actually... you just perpetuated myth #6.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
But the disparity between the number of atheists on the outside and the percentage of atheists in the prison population is quite telling about who has better ethics

Not really. I don’t think there have been any real studies on this.

One thing to consider would be the possibility that a large portion of those Christian inmates were converted IN the prison system. If true, that would turn your argument about who has the better ethics right back around on you.

I have never been locked up, but many of my friends have. I am going to ask them about this.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
One thing that stumps me about the christian religion is that if you dont go to church you're apparently going to hell.

No, I am sorry but you cant back that up. Could that be a common myth believed by atheists?

See Myth #6.

You cannot quote a single verse from the entire 750,000 words of the Bible that says you must go to church or face hell.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by cavscout]

[edit on 13-12-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
One thing to consider would be the possibility that a large portion of those Christian inmates were converted IN the prison system. If true, that would turn your argument about who has the better ethics right back around on you.

I have never been locked up, but many of my friends have. I am going to ask them about this.

The letter he posted a link to earlier was the apparent source of these ridiculous statistics. Just as I assumed, it doesn't take into account how many people convert to religion after entering prison. Yet another baseless argument asserted by atheists that does nothing but give me something else to laugh at them for.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

TextI was speaking with a friends son the other day. He is 8 years old and is fascinated by dinosaurs. I told him that some people think the didn't go extinct but rather evolved into the birds you see everyday.

hehe yeah,, that has always amused me too,, "evolved" ha ha

His mother in a very angry and contemptuous voice told me that they don't believe in evolution and not to talk to her son about it.

mmmm sort of like the schools act towards ID,,

Text She states he learns "gods truth about creation". The kid is home schooled and drilled with Christian dogma.

Dogma? Christians believing in GOD!! Wow now that IS unusual but even more then that is when you consider the fact that our the framers of our constitution were quakers almost all having a reverance for that Christian God. It makes you wonder, considering the damage this kids Mom has done depriving him of hearing an evolutionist trip over his toungue explaining DNA as a ,,, mmm what? Mutation? or some cosmic coincidence?

It's a wonder our country has gotten anywhere without the likes of people like you take an eight year old and because his Mom wants him to learn what the bible in all it's sillyness has instructed her to do when raising a christian family. Evolution should BE so dogmatic and perhaps it could if it wasn't so easy to shoot down as hogwash. Ooooops looks like conspiriology is calling them thar durwinian reprobates to debates??

Pffft Bring it.

Just as you so presumptuosly sentenced that the 8 year old to a lifetime of indoctrination then saying he will never ( you did say that never) hear opposing viewpoints, expressing your deep concern saying you felt terrible. I can assure you that the kid will likely hear more about humanism, secular sciences, pop psychology, speed kills, to remember to always look both ways, 911 truth, and litany of other opinions, theorys, philosophys etc. If I were to say that every thing taught to children that I didn't agree with the lessons of life that would concern me least is Religion and Evolution moreover I would not ever want to hear myself say "Thats why I have a problem with this or that"

You don't have a problem with religion no more then Religion has a problem with you. I don't have a problem with evolution,,I mean I think it's harmless and has no affect on that I'd give some 8 year old his life forcast as doomed.

I get the impression you were once a religious person, perhaps even very well versed in it.

The most telling comment of your issues with falling away from it while not really knowing the real reasons you have BIG problems with religion may be in saying "the child doesn't know any better"

It reminds me of how the Bible talks of false religions and man love of self where God says "one must come as a child" ,, ironic isn't it,, you ,, the day he ran into the likes of an adult who would superimpose his own "dogma" on someone so young so impressionable to save him from religion saying he doesn't know any better.

Thank God his mom does.

- Con

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Stalin was for lust of power and not in the name of atheism

Irrelevant, at issue is his atheism, since he had no religion that leaves a holy war out of the question but regarding a tyrannical dictator killing anyone in his way or those he simply felt like annihilating as having such traits as a "lust for power" OMG NO WAY!! Damn who would have guessed? My sarcasm may not be enough to illustrate how pointless your rebuttal is regarding his motives, no matter WHAT they are, it doesn't make him any less of an atheist.

This is why HITLER kept his hatred of religion secret being careful NOT to lose any ground as stronger religious leaders could have ruled him out while they had the influence. When he came to full power announcing his party as Nazism a political atheism whose party members all devout atheist,

He refers to Christianity as "the first spiritual terror," as a model for the Nazis in their pursuit of power, while simultaneously lamenting the demise of what he calls "the far freer ancient world" before Christianity. [17]

Religious neutrality
In the beginning Hitler was opposed to state atheism, which for example was part of the political system of the Soviet Union, but he nevertheless desired a religiously neutral state system, at least during the years of his dictatorship.[37] He feared the political power that the churches had, and did not want to openly antagonize that political base until he had securely gained control of the country.

Once in power however Hitler showed his contempt for religious leaders who were in a position to undermine his rule.[38] [39] Within Hitler's Nazi Party some atheists were quite vocal especially Baldur von Schirach, Arthur Axmann and Martin Bormann. From Hitler's promotion of declared atheists within his party. it can be concluded that Hitler in the public realm tolerated different religious opinions, ranging from atheist to Islam to Christianity, as long as those people professing these different creeds would support the Nazi regime. Hitler often used religious speech and symbolism in his propaganda to appease and promote Nazism to those that he feared would be disposed to act against him]

Knowing the debate on this is and always will be two sided, I have to look at the man himself and if he had any belief in a GOD it would have to be that He was God.

hitler had "god is with us" (in german of course) emblazoned on nazi belt buckles..
hitler was NOT an atheist.

NOOOO NOT "Emblazoned!!" are you sure it wasn't "inscribed" or woven embroidered?

Look,, again, your "factoid" no more proves Hitler was NOT an atheist anymore then our nations separation of church and state proves Bush is an atheist.

no, i don't want them to comply, i want them to come to things on their own.

Well, you can quit wanting because they already do. The scary part of your "vision" is that coming to atheism of ones own volition isn't good enough as you want ALL of us to think that way. If that ever happened,, yeah compliance under duress of any kind would not be necessary.

since neither of them did it in the name of atheism (and one was a theist) it doesn't count.
Let me be clear on this before I go Cambodian on just how this double standard you use to relinquish this "day in the park" era of history assuming atheism is NOT a religion has no GOD no Jihad no Reason to use a non belief in something for doing anything in the name of a religion it does not profess to agree with. That being said, again I fail to see how whether or not they were motivated by power, lust or greed has any more relevance using your own rationale to disqualify the distinction that their are wars and mass killings that have been brought about by atheists.

Just how does one do a thing in the name of atheism let alone in the name of lust greed and power.

You want to dispell stereotypes about atheists while making broad generalizations regarding religion. Religions are so many so differen't how you can just lump them all into a blame for so many social ills and have us believe you knew SQUAT about them is yet another transparent issue.

squat?
i've read:
the bible (3 times cover to cover + many readings of quoted verse)
the koran (1 time cover to cover + many readings of quoted verse)
parts of the vedas
parts of the bhagadivita (but not enough to save myself from butchering the name)
much buddhist religious text
countless ancient mythological stories
pagans don't have texts... but i've talked to them about their (just ask kacen)
i've consulted rabbis on judaism
priests on catholicism and anglicanism
numerous ministers of various other christian sects
many experts on the koran
etc etc etc
i could keep going until i hit the character limit (i have about 7100 left) but i won't.

actually... you just perpetuated myth #6.

You make my point Sherlock,, if you desire to use "religion" in a generic blanket statement as "the problem" ,, for someone whose obvious quest for spiritual edification,, surely, after what you just painted yourself in the corner in your own words disclosing all these spiritual leaders you've consulted, all these different texts and books, documents etc.

and NOT one of them has any more virtue then the others? That they are all the same and the same as you have affirmed is that the are all bad.

Then using all that to establish yourself as well read on the topic of religion all being the same and I assume all believing in a GOD,,

You got so full of knowledge so fed up searching for the "right one" you dissed all of them. I feel fortunate I never got interested in so much and so many types of religions still not having learned a thing about God.

For someone who doesn't believe in God,, you sure have done a lot of reading trying to know one. I am sure that must have been very confusing at times. I mean which one which book,, and wha la someone who created a God that's suits them and a religion they can deny but are a part of nevertheless.

Atheism.
The Un-God

- Con
Ps; asking for proof of those Jehovah Witnesses that had died while in concentration camps in germany is like asking me to prove all those killed in 911 were people in New York. Just plane ig

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You can do the denial dance all you like, but since America is a "Christian" nation, it makes sense that most prisoners are "Christians" doesn't it?

Ya know I guess everyone lives a good life then because everyone sure thinks they are good. I rarely run into anyone especially christians who have had that kind of spiritual epiphaney realizing that,,
"that living a "good" life (as good lives go) is the right thing to do" Damn Maj,, what a BLOCK BUSTER! Such a novel Idea!

Wow,, you know what I just thought of! O pffft dopey me of course you probably already thougt of this but it shows their may be hope for use stupid religious dolts yet, I bet that doing the wrong thing leads to having a bad life! Thing I don't get is,, given the choices,, good life bad life?

why would anyone NOT do the right thing?

Just having some fun with ya Maj while I try to reconcile more and more of those myths about atheists not hating me because I am a Christian or blaming me or us for the end of progress or the world.

Ya know they never told us that in Radical Cathechsim or in my First Church of the Latter Day Terrorists.

Damn evil Christians! I went to jail for a time and whether I was an atheist or not, my records showed me as baptized catholic, guess what my personal records while in jail reflected? Yep Catholic. I haven't been in a Catholic Church in 30 years while some of them having been in jail at all is cause for excommunication from that religion.

What I found most fascinating was while I was in Jail the many so called athiests who had come into jail not believing in God, devout Atheists,,

invariably before their sentence was up

became Born Again Christians

heh Go Figure

- Love Con

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

I see your point there, but its not a myth for me, its something that was said to me personally by a christian. Not to say that all christians are like that

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

some good points you made, but I guess in my defense I would say that when I was talking with the kid about evolution, I was not saying this is how it is or even this is what I believe. I simply said "some people believe", and his mom jumped my case about it.

You are right that I used to be religious, but the more education I received the more I came to realize all I had been drilled to believe had been false IMO. I was always told that the only unforgivable sin was to deny god. If christianity is so great why then does it resort to scare tactics such as this.

I guess we just disagree. I will concede that we could argue indefinitely over this topic with no outcome, so I will leave you to your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Oak

LOL yes I too have learned that of two subjects on ANY forum I have been to regarding Religion, evolution etc. I rarely see anything more then tit for tat copy paste for copy paste arguments resolving nothing really. Major who I admire a great deal is someone I will disagree with from time to time but will always consider her with high esteem taking pains to,, well at least in her case, use more care, tact etc.

You might find these articles I have read at stanford U's library very interesting. I know they helped me with a lot of questions like you had.

Actually this explains a lot more then the title would give away

plato.stanford.edu...

As for religion in general,, I think religion preys on people ,, (no pun)

I get a little ticked off sometimes when "religion" is used as a synonym for christianity.

Take care.

- Con

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am about to title a new thread 16 common myths about atheism now proven bona fide facts by atheists.

Go ahead read your "myths" about how you don't hate Christians yet in more the three separate posts I have seen them refered to as "stupid" "superstitious" "keep the world from progressing" "Brainwashed" "victims of propaganda" as if we are somehow genetically inferior by passing down our christian beliefs about right and wrong to an eight year old doomed to a life of dumbness, ,, statistics from a prison indicate just BEING an atheist gives you that "special common sense" that "living a good life, because it's the right thing to do" while we christians are more concerned about the consequences of doing wrong or as it was told to me by an atheist "the sky fairy" . Yes my esteemed friend you might even find this more hilarious but we actually believe doing the right thing has BLESSINGS! HA HA I know ,, how silly. Then if that wasn't enough for anyone christian to be motivated in understanding myths about atheists especially that they don't hate us,, hey I got news for ya ,, you dislike me enough I really wouldn't need anything more to establish hate. Another words I get the hint and we'll just tip toe out of here.

That doesn't stop there,, noooo in one post the atheists crytsal ball as blamed us for the the end of humanity!

Damn if that isn't enough to hate anyone I don't know what is but hehe they don't hate us,, that's a myth. LOL

Now I don't know about you but that's enough for me to want to have nothing more to do with a thread who by its creators own words was looking to start something with believers having nothing to do with dispelling rumors or myths about atheism.

I guess I could post my personal opinions about them but I have already heard what I have to say and I know atheists by their own posts TRULY have a condescending and demeaning attitude about Christians. Since they use Christians synonymously with all religions, then I must understand that is a LOT of people to feel they are above.

Be that as it may, no offense was taken by this Christian who somehow some way has never felt more "put down" by someone calling themselves atheists. I guess I can finally call them into account on this because as one post assertions that a thing doesn't count UNLESS it is done in the NAME of atheism. Well this thread was. and it has failed miserably in either dispelling myths or establishing just how insulted a Christian has to be before they admit they hate them. I know they can say we did not "say" we hate them. Trust me,, if that isn't hate,, then hate is overkill I already feel you have insulted us, blamed us, put us on the "short bus" enough to have no interest in "understanding" Myths" about atheism.

All you have done here attempted to bait them into arguments that trivialize our own core beliefs about Religion vs Atheism.

Then after all that trivialize our misunderstandings of you atheist behind the guise of myth? You should know by reading this thread and how you have used descriptions about GoD, Christians, Religion, as the problem that ails society as a whole. You have created excuses for atheist who are evil saying it didn't count for it was not done in the name of atheism. ANY EVIL DONE IS DONE IN THE NAME OF GODLESSNESS AND ANY GOD THAT ASKS ANY ONE TO KILL MILLIONS OF JEWS AS HITLER DID IS NO CHRISTIAN, I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS TATTOOED ON HIS FOREHEAD. It is the antithesis of the Christian God and any Christian with an IOTA of education knows that. So now we are able to figure things out for ourselves are we? Science as the TRUMP card of all religion.

I have explained these myths as facts as you have proven them in deeds

I see now why Jesus says many things as I go through this life.

Your treatement and attitude about believers doesn't create myths about atheists,, it EXPLAINS THEM!

Now,. you've made them patent

Good Job!

- Con

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If christianity is so great why then does it resort to scare tactics such as this.

Im not scared into believing... I go off of the promises...
I.E. All thing work together for the good for those who love God....

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiriologyYou have created excuses for atheist who are evil saying it didn't count for it was not done in the name of atheism.

Hitler believed in a god.. that means Hitler was NOT an atheist.. thats not a hard thing to understand as by definition atheism is a non belief in god/s and deities.

ANY EVIL DONE IS DONE IN THE NAME OF GODLESSNESS

Being 'godless' does not make us 'evil'.. as an atheist I resent the implication.. and thinking all evil is done in the name of atheism is just historical ignorance.

AND ANY GOD THAT ASKS ANY ONE TO KILL MILLIONS OF JEWS AS HITLER DID IS NO CHRISTIAN, I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS TATTOOED ON HIS FOREHEAD.

Well he painted this so that proves his belief in a chistian god [there's plenty more evidence but one thing as a time]:

nobeliefs.com...

It is the antithesis of the Christian God and any Christian with an IOTA of education knows that.

We also know that all christians are entitled to forgiveness.. and all thats needed to be 'saved' is a belief in god and repentence.. correct? who are you to judge hitler as not a christian? Even the church sanctioned his power; he may have been a really bad christian but he did follow a form of christianity. I think he may have been into gnosticism in his later years [he supposedly found the spear of destiny] but I know he was born into catholicism.

..so I'm wondering.. based on your 'reasoning'.. were the inquisitions and crusades also led by atheists?

[edit on 14-12-2007 by riley]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by cavscout

I see your point there, but its not a myth for me, its something that was said to me personally by a christian. Not to say that all christians are like that

but its not a myth for me, its something that was said to me personally by a christian.

HA HA HA Yes I can see now how myths about atheists superior mind, intellect get started. Thanks for establishing that we must consider that on a case by case basis. Whew! OH and just another example of the double standard used by yet another self proclaimed atheist. I guess this one has his mind made up about about Christians and doesn't want to be confused with the facts.

Don't worry Atheist,, this Christian won't use your faupax in any stereotype of atheists and considers you "an exception" or isolated incident of incidental ignorance regarding an individual atheist.

Keep em coming guys you're really making history here!

LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I know what I wrote was sort of contradicting, thats why I added the "not to say all christians are like that".

Dont worry, I can see where you are coming from........

Sorry

From an Ignorant Atheist

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Being 'godless' does not make us 'evil'.

No more then being an atheist makes you right or righteous on a prison statistic. I guess then you think Jesus Christs teaching s are a crock and he was a liar. Ok I am insulted once more. So much for dispelling myths

LOOK GUY,, IF HITLER BELIEVED IN GOD THEN HIS RELIGION IS HATE AND HE WAS HIS RELIGIONS ANSWER TO SATAN.

You can not tell me anyone with no understanding of people who believe in a GOD or the Concept of one could be so unsympathetic GIVE IT UP IT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS .

IF HE BELIEVED IN THE CHRISTIAN GOD AS YOU SAY UNEQUIVOCALLY HE DID,, Conventional wisdom would follow he would have PROTECTED THE JEWS NOT SYSTEMATICALLY ELIMINATED AS MANY AS HE COULD IN DEATH CAMPS! How that makes no sense to you I can not understand but is enough for me to realize you are obviously not of a level of understanding where even basic concepts and ideas make it past the brain stem. I'm not being mean here I am seriously suggesting you just simply don't get it.

I would also suggest (if I were madismysoul) that you refrain from making your case about myths even harder to defend. Or just shut up.

..so I'm wondering.. based on your 'reasoning'.. were the inquisitions and crusades also led by atheists?

What is that your idea of an "I gotcha!"

Or Are you saying it wasn't? Personally,, I have no idea but I can tell you this,, they sure as hell weren't Christians but if you want to use their acts to establish your point then I can easily use the same double standards you use and say yeah they were because it was a hateful thing they did. Oh I forgot ,, atheists don't hate. Thats just a myth.

Ever read the story about the Pharasees or Sagusees? They too wore the robes of religious zealots and as you have proven as much as it is possible to have a complete nut in a religion I see that being ignorant doesn't discriminate and Atheists have their "nut cases " too

By the way that Bull about Hitler believing in a GOD proven by the fact that he painted a picture? I guess we all better watch what we paint or as a man painteth ,, so is he.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Apology accepted

- Con

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

ANY EVIL DONE IS DONE IN THE NAME OF GODLESSNESS

Being 'godless' does not make us 'evil'.

No more then being an atheist makes you right or righteous.

huh? neither does your being a christian. my disbelief does not dictate my moralty.. however after having read the abuse you've dished out it's fairly obvious that your christian 'belief' [ie. love thy neighbour/judge not etc.] hasn't influenced your own ethics.

I guess then you think Jesus Christs teaching s are a crock and he was a liar. Ok I am insulted once more. So much for dispelling myths

what a you on about? I never said anything about jesus being a liar [not that I believe in him but thats besides the point]. next time you accuse me of something.. try actually base it on something other than your imagination okay?

LOOK GUY,, IF HITLER BELIEVED IN GOD THEN HIS RELIGION IS HATE AND HE WAS HIS RELIGIONS ANSWER TO SATAN.

Well thats less illogical but.. it's still not quite logical. He followed the chistian God.. not the devil.. he may have had a very negative interpritation of 'gods word' [the bible] but there is no mistaking that he saw himself as a christian.

You can not tell me anyone with no understanding of people who believe in a GOD or the Concept of one could be so unsympathetic GIVE IT UP IT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS .

wtf? unsimpathetic? I don't know what you are on about.. you just seem to be ranting now.

IF HE BELIEVED IN A CHRISTIAN GOD Conventional wisdom would follow he would have PROTECTED THE JEWS NOT SYSTEMATICALLY ELIMINATED AS MANY AS HE COULD IN DEATH CAMPS!

Hitler believed that the arean race was gods chosen. The problem with this is that the Jewish people are traditionally seen as gods chosen so he tried to kill them off.

Oh and if all popes through-out history were truly christian they wouldn't have ordered the extermination of pagens and 'witches'. You can't have it both ways.. christianity would not have become such a powerful religion if not for that bloodshed.

How that makes no sense to you I can not understand but is enough for me to realize you are obviously not of a level of understanding even basic concepts and ideas.

..and this abuse seems to have no point of reference.. just a barage of insults. Yes.. what a nice christian you are!

I would also suggest (if I were madismysoul) that you refrain from making your case about myths even harder to defend. Or just shut up.

Not sure who you are abusing here.. in any case telling people to shut up is against the guidlines.

By the way that Bull about Hitler believing in a GOD proven by the fact that he painted a picture? I guess we all better watch what we paint or as a man painteth ,, so is he.

Actually that painting is very significant. We can gain alot of insight into his psychology and beliefs through such things. Notice that the jesus/god is blonde and blue eyed? Notice how his ideal person is blonde and blue eyed? Very significant indeed.. even his art reflected his ideas.
He was also a failed artist so would have painted it for himself. You can see he's put alot into it.. it's not like he 'accidently' painted it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We also know that all christians are entitled to forgiveness.. and all thats needed to be 'saved' is a belief in god and repentence.. correct? who are you to judge hitler as not a christian?

Do you have any idea how idiotic that statement is?

Any at all?

I not only judge Hitler as not being a Christian all the way to his subsequect suicide but REBUKE HIM AND HIS ACTIONS. IF GOD forgives him that doesn't mean I do. Don't give me any "forms" of Chritianity guy because their isn't any. Their may be forms of religion and he killed millions of Jews Religiously however by his own MOUTH HE DISPISED CHRISTIANITY. What he did for political reasons substantiates only that he was a manipulative liar and a church sanctioning him under false pretense is a church whose sanctions were a breach of contract

I'm putting you on ignore your posts contribute nothing to the threads purpose and only exascerbate it's reasons they exist

By the way ,, make no mistake about it,,

I really DO think you are ignorant and are begining to dislike your defense of hitler. but my being a Jewish may have a SCANDALOUS HINT of reason for that. The Bible says Not all that say lord lord are Christians for a good reason if I were to use your own rationale to substantiate what GOD is and Religion then whats Good for the Goose I always say. Your religion is atheism and Darwin is your God.

Sounds silly knowing what you know does'nt it.

Yeah thats how silly it sounds telling me HITLER BELIEVED IN A CHRISTIAN GOD whether he was agnostic or atheist it is a self refuting statement then. Disect my post to accuse me of what I dish out?

I should BE so insulted!

Let me make this clear.

YOU GIVE ATHEISTS A BAD NAME AND WHAT YOU THINK OF CHRISTIANS OR CHRISTIANITY CAN ONLY BE AS FAR OFF THE MARK AS YOUR INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF HITLER

Man you are real tribute to fostering a understanding of atheists.

Unbelievable

- Con

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We also know that all christians are entitled to forgiveness.. and all thats needed to be 'saved' is a belief in god and repentence.. correct? who are you to judge hitler as not a christian?

Do you have any idea how idiotic that statement is?

Any at all?

I not only judge Hitler as not being a Christian all the way to his subsequect suicide but REBUKE HIM AND HIS ACTIONS. IF GOD forgives him that doesn't mean I do.

Never said you had to.. but his possible suicide could never turn him into an atheist. It would make him a damned christian.

Don't give me any "forms" of Chritianity guy because their isn't any.

Have you never heard of the word 'denomination'?

Their may be forms of religion and he killed millions of Jews Religiously however by his own MOUTH HE DISPISED CHRISTIANITY.

I have a wealth of proof to the contrary.

How about you provide us with some objective proof that he actually said that.. and then explain how it disproves the other evidence?

What he did for political reasons substantiates only that he was a manipulative liar and a church sanctioning him under false pretense is a church whose sanctions were a breach of contract

That would be a plausable explanation.. except for the part where he actually painted baby jesus and the virgin mary paying homage to them.
[He also painted other religious paintings and his mum was buried in a christian grave and he prayed and went to church often].

I'm putting you on ignore your posts contribute nothing to the threads purpose and only exascerbate it's reasons they exist.

I know, I know. Facts can be scary things sometimes..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join